You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

King Kenny..Thank you..but it is time to go..

merah

I love Kenny Daglish and I love that he has done so much last year to stabilise our club. However, with heavy heart I do think that now is the time for him to finally go:(

These are the problems that I see with the current Liverpool team and also of Daglish:

1) Why oh why Kenny's keep picking Henderson into the squad and play him at right midfield week in and week out??:wallbutt:. Henderson do have his potential but why play him and not giving much playing time to other youngster such as Shelvey??

2) Charlie Adam's conundrum...CA is not a CM and will not be a holding midfielder. Why can't KD see that??For all of his attributes, CA is not an intelligent player..he's poor in tackling, positional play horrible, keep wasting passes or cpprtunies by taking long range short and etx..

3)KD's persistence in not giving Carrol enough playing time together with Suarez...anyone can understand that for two strikers to have some form of understandings beteen them, they should have some games to play together.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare to be ridiculed, dismissed, made fun of, etc. Remember it is everybody else's fault except the manager. Remember only proper teams give managers years to build and LFC not winning the league for over 20 years has nothing to do with that failed policy. We don't want to end up like Chelsea or City and actually have the chance of winning the league.

Guest ShoePiss
Prepare to be ridiculed, dismissed, made fun of, etc. Remember it is everybody else's fault except the manager. Remember only proper teams give managers years to build and LFC not winning the league for over 20 years has nothing to do with that failed policy. We don't want to end up like Chelsea or City and actually have the chance of winning the league.

You can fuck off as well.

Guest ShoePiss
Because I have a different opinion? What was your expectation this season?

No because you think that by firing managers like City and Chelsea we'll somehow be challenging for the league title.

You'd like to be a real life football manager for a crazy Russian who's gone through 8 managers in 8 years?

lets be honest its been a fucking appalling season and if it wasn't for the cups it wouldn't be any better than the last two (in fact we're worse than we were second half of last year), Kenny as much as a legend as he is has to take some responsibility, I'm not saying he should go but if things carry on as they are it will have to be considered

Jesus.

So challenging for the league has to do with changing your manager constantly? Nothing to do with billionaire owners then?

If we don't win the fa cup this season will be a failure, end of. We will be lucky to finish in the top six now and Kenny has had plenty of money to build a side capable of better. I don't want him sacked, not at all, I want to see what changes he'll make in the summer and how we do next season, no new manager is going to do anything Kenny can't at this point, we'd be taking a masive step back giving him the boot but thankfully there's no chance of that happening. Having said that I'm not happy whatosever with the way we are playing and the way season is going, we won the league cup and it was great to lift a trophy no doubt about it but our home form has been diabolical and in the premiership that's your bread and butter. There's a lot I like about the way we have played at times this season but there's also some glaring problems with the side. It's consistency and cutting edge we are lacking, it'll be very interesting to see who comes and goes in the summer as we definitely need a new striker, for starters.

If Chelsea finish outside the CL, I think that will be looked on as a massive financial failure for Roman. If City win the league, that will have been due to a massive injection of cash from their owners.

Someone said that every team is rebuilding each and every season. New players come in, old ones leave. I'd say that there aren't too many teams in this league that are coming back from almost being in administration, a relegation battle, as well as new ownership, as well as a new manager. We're not and never will be in Chelsea or City's financial position, I feel.

It was always going to be a season of transition. Unfortunately that transition has been into a worse team.

Kenny has brought the players he wanted in. They've played some good stuff most matches without being able to find the net, barring a couple of abhorrent performances (like the one yesterday). What are we gonna do? Bring another manager in and let him get the players he wants, and ship the rest out at a big loss? Time and time again, we've seen that it's the wrong thing to do -- especially as we don't have bottomless coffers.

More than anyone, the King deserves time. There are things that obviously haven't worked this year, but we've not had a summer transfer window in which to address major areas of concern. Lets see how they're dealt with when the opportunity arises and go from there.

If Chelsea finish outside the CL, I think that will be looked on as a massive financial failure for Roman. If City win the league, that will have been due to a massive injection of cash from their owners.

Someone said that every team is rebuilding each and every season. New players come in, old ones leave. I'd say that there aren't too many teams in this league that are coming back from almost being in administration, a relegation battle, as well as new ownership, as well as a new manager. We're not and never will be in Chelsea or City's financial position, I feel.

no but we should be better than fucking Arsenal and Newcastle and able to compete with the likes of tottenham and also have the ability to put a ball in a goal every now and then

It was always going to be a season of transition. Unfortunately that transition has been into a worse team.

Kenny has brought the players he wanted in. They've played some good stuff most matches without being able to find the net, barring a couple of abhorrent performances (like the one yesterday). What are we gonna do? Bring another manager in and let him get the players he wants, and ship the rest out at a big loss? Time and time again, we've seen that it's the wrong thing to do -- especially as we don't have bottomless coffers.

More than anyone, the King deserves time. There are things that obviously haven't worked this year, but we've not had a summer transfer window in which to address major areas of concern. Lets see how they're dealt with when the opportunity arises and go from there.

I wouldn't say a worse team. We haven't finished this season yet, but we're a cup heavier than we were last season and five seasons before that. Now I know that no-one rates a cup this days, since by some accounts we've 'become Newcastle' and that would be about their level. We've stagnated. Sure. We've hit a flat line for the last 6 or 7 matches. Progress has stopped. I only hope that we make something of the last 11 matches and an FA cup run.