You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cockneys and London based regionalities!

WaltonRed

Some great curryhouses on Drummond street just outside Euston station, I always love a Veggie one called Diwana that is unlicensed so you can bring your own booze, usually plump for the cheap Cobra sold next door.

I also love Camden, great for buying weird and wonderful from food to trinkets to retro clothes. I prefer to go from Chalk street tube station and head to Camden passing and dropping in to the Belgian pub.

You could do a red dwarf and do the monopoly board pub crawl

Hoxton's cool these days innit?

No idea mate, haven't been there in years, and the last time it all kicked off in a pub.

Last time I was in London (apart from work) was for a stag do where we started off in Camden and ended up in Soho, and that was 10 years ago or more.

We found a little backstreet pub in Soho, full of regulars, where the owners poured us all a couple of tequila shots on the house and advised us to go into clubs a couple at a time.

Did you get sorted Mark?

I did. I basically said that whoever sorts me out will have the chance to bevy with me, and sit by me at the game whilst I provide expert analysis. As you can imagine the offers came flooding in.

I decided against my usual joke on threads about being sorted for tickets as I found it in bad taste, what with people deserving to get tickets being let down and the 'one, twice, three times a season' brigade managing to drop on to tickets.

I did. I basically said that whoever sorts me out will have the chance to bevy with me, and sit by me at the game whilst I provide expert analysis. As you can imagine the offers came flooding in.

I decided against my usual joke on threads about being sorted for tickets as I found it in bad taste, what with people deserving to get tickets being let down and the 'one, twice, three times a season' brigade managing to drop on to tickets.

Excellent news mate. Delighted for you.

I'd start off round Liverpol Street station itself - can get quite lively on a Saturdaty evening - load s of essex birds come in that way. There's a couple odf decent pubs outside the station on Liverpool St and Bishopsgate.

I don't like Hoxton, so I'd head to Upper Street (Angel tube end) - can't go wrong there.

Paddington is a bit trickier, and Covent Garden is hit and miss. Avoid the Punch and Judy, but there is a really good pub opposite the tube station -can't remember its name but it does McMullens beers. Right by the travelodge there is the Lowlander - excellent for continental lagers but a bit pricey - and if it is still there a pub called the white hart. There is also a big ONeill's not far from the travelodge.

for Paddington there a few options. Head over to Marylebone High St and that has a number of pubs on it including a samule smiths pub half way down. For a touch of the out of the ordinary there is Purl Gin / Cocktail Bar, quite easy to miss but it's only Blandford St and worth a trip.

Purl London | Home

There are some off the beaten real local boozers rounds knightsbridge

The Nags Head, Westminster, London SW1X 8ED - Pubs.com Passionate about Pubs

for those that like to keep it real

• 1 month later...