You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny vs Henry

silverlining

"awkward"- you can't know this, just speculative.

As long as the team is showing clear improvement, reaching finals,and the business is making money I think they will be happy.

4th place? Let's see where we are at the end of the season. I don't think they will sack Kenny if we win a trophy- he's probably already done enough to get to the end of his contract.

I've noticed you always post stuff like this when the team is on a high- strikes me a bit of "look at me, look at me"...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they should sack Kenny

We won't get back into Europe and fuck knows about the cups, but nobody can sack Kenny Dalglish, despite how shit our transfer business has been.

I said he should get another season, regardless of what happen in this one.

But I wonder what our owners, who aren't Liverpool fans, who don't know anything about football, who don't know anything about our club or city.....I wonder what they think.

I worry what they think.

For starters he was given the role of a caretaker manager at first due to having knowledge of the club and already having a role in the academy. This allowed FSG (Henry and co) time to look for a manager they seem fit enough to manage the club whilst knowing the club were in 'safe hands' With Kenny doing a fantastic job, they had to give it him due to the results we were getting on the pitch. None of this, it wasn't they fucking first choice, they're business men and they'll do what's right for the company they own and not just to keep fans happy. For them, it's probably a massive bonus that Kenny got the results so it allowed them to get the backing of the fans so early on.

If Kenny wasn't getting the results do you think they would've offered him a permanent deal and risk losing millions just to keep fans happy? Bollocks. They knew he's the right man for the job has proven in the past few days.

LFD, I'm not saying he should be fired. I said before Hodgson got the job that if that budgie-faced cunt was being considered, Kenny should get it. Correctly.

So I was delighted he got the job. But let's not pretend that if sentiment was absent, he'd have been top of the shortlist. The best possible manager we couild have appointed.

I saw post after post saying that he was somehow the best available manager in world football. Painful, awful, embarrassing drivel.

I've been critical of his signings, some of which have been dreadful. Most of which have been overpriced.

I've been critical of his tactical acumen. But neither of these things would be a surprise to anyone who kept a close eye on his tenure at Newcastle.

But I'm still delighted Kenny is our manager. I'm trying to be realistic and objective.

My point is what the owners think. What they might do. What they can do.

Appointing Kenny was not in the gameplan.

Did FSG have a game plan? They were new to football and they listened, did a lot of reviewing and then made a judgement.

I don't think they are the type of people who have a formula set in stone. They want success, they want to see a manager who can provide that, can make us progress and I think they have been impressed with the way Dalglish cares and talks about the club.

Ideally they might have wanted a young manager, someone who could be here for 15 - 20 years and build a dynasty. But we weren't in an ideal situation... Mourinho, Hiddink etc weren't available at the time. We needed someone to steady a ship whcih was rocking and Dalglish was the obvious man given he was already at the club and his past experience in management. He thrived and rightly got the job long term and FSG are happy with him, so why the need to change?

I don't think FSG are the type of people who look at isolated incidents and then make rash judgements. For example the Carroll transfer. It looks an awful deal at £35 million. But Carroll did fit the critieria of being young, talented (don't laugh), helped our English quota and he ticked a lot of boxes at the time. The transfer hasn't worked, but it hasn't even cost us anything really as we got £50 million for Torres and good fees for Babel and Meireles. Looking at that deal aone it is not good, but when you see we got Suarez for £23 million and he has probably doubled his value, we got £50 million for Torres, who didn't want to be here, got Enrique for £6 million, Bellamy on a free etc... and we are progressing despite the owners not putting too much money in yet in terms of trasnfers.

FSG are learning and they know this game and I'm sure Baseball and other sports they are in are the same - are not an exact science. Some decisions will work, some won't... but the important thing is too make more right than wrong decisions.

I think the owners are very happy with Dalglish and so they should be, as the club was in a mess before he took over!

We won't get back into Europe and fuck knows about the cups, but nobody can sack Kenny Dalglish, despite how shit our transfer business has been.

But I wonder what our owners, who aren't Liverpool fans, who don't know anything about football, who don't know anything about our club or city.....I wonder what they think.

I worry what they think.

If we win the League Cup, we're in Europe.

When its time for change, Kenny will step aside because he puts the club first.

There's no need to worry mate.

It's awkward because they never wanted to give him the job, and it's common knowledge that that is the case.

How is it common knowledge? Where has this been said with any credibility? Genuinely, I don't recall anything definitive on that.

Granted they don't know the sport, but they're not gormless clowns either. I'd imagine they're pretty happy to take calculated gambles, which they probably saw Kenny's appointment as.

Maybe they're less than impressed 12 months on with a lot of our performances and some of our transfer dealings, but it's naive in the extreme to think they were in anyway forced into giving him the job last year by some kind of mawkish sentimentality.

The team improved massively under Dalglish in the first six months and that's what got him the permanent contract. They were effusive and vocal in their praise of his work, so why shouldn't we take that at face value?

Granted our new players haven't added much and things nosedived massively for several months up to last week, but that's a different matter and our performances and time will tell how the owners deal with it.

Guest ShoePiss

FSG's game plan is to make some money for themselves, simple as that. Winning things will help them sell the club on in x amount of years for profit.

Silverlinings Sunday evening thoughts:

'Shit! Liverpool have had a good week. I've got fuck all to moan about! I'll make some shit thread about how Henry doesn't want that Dalglish bloke instead. I need to keep my daily twat counter up'

In short Silverlining, just enjoy the good times will you!

Guest ShoePiss
No Piss, I didn't give him a penny.

Sorry

What? You weren't a gold member? Well I'm sorry for that slur on your very good name, I take it back 100%.

Now, you were that mong that came on here defending him weren't you?

:)

What? You weren't a gold member? Well I'm sorry for that slur on your very good name, I take it back 100%.

Now, you were that mong that came on here defending him weren't you?

:)

I defended myself and a community that I liked. When I realised what big Dunk was actually like, I left. Or rather, got banned.

It really isn't that complicated.

Guest ShoePiss
I defended myself and a community that I liked. When I realised what big Dunk was actually like, I left. Or rather, got banned.

It really isn't that complicated.

I know but it's an easy one to wheel out at any time. I'm lazy.

I worry what they think.

Think you meant to put CL there didn't you SL?