You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

what a massive reality check.

I thought we were on the up but I`ve been kidding myself, we are so average it`s painful.

We can`t complain about lack of resources no more but we can about the same lack of quality and the same baffling manager decisions.

An utterly embarrasing day all round. Kenny really needs to sort this shit out quickly , this is as bad as anything in last three bad years.

Probably to save him from a red card in fairness.

Yep.

Carroll for a midfielder, Suarez for anyone who isn't going to get sent off as quickly.

I think have to ask big questions of our mentality and discipline. There seems to have been a big inferiority complex from the opening whistle, and our players have been losing their heads all day.

Probably to save him from a red card in fairness.

Yep.

Carroll for a midfielder, Suarez for anyone who isn't going to get sent off as quickly.

I think we have to ask big questions of our mentality and discipline. There seems to have been a big inferiority complex from the opening whistle, and our players have been losing their heads all day.

Also, there's no fucking way I'm going to hold Kenny Dalglish to lower standards than Roy Fucking Hodgson, just so that I can gloss over his mistakes and anyone who does so is a complete loser. What a disgusting insult to Kenny and the club that would be.

Edited by TheDrowningMan

Soooo, will Kenny's referee talk prior to this be remembered on level terms with Rafa's "facts"? It sure has had about the same effect.

One of the very worst Liverpool performances I've seen since the days of Souness this. Very, very worrying.

Oh, and Ledley King is class. Shame he only seems to be available whenever they play us...

Our transfer business since Kenny has come in is going to be put under a lot more scrutiny now both by the media and the fanbase. It's just a shame a little more scrutiny wasn't directed after the Carroll signing. We might not have gone on to splurge millions on more overpriced dross. The Carroll + Henderson combo will make Diouf and Diao look positively shrewd.

Biggest fear for me with our transfer dealings over the last 10 months or so has been this buy British at all costs narrative. I understand the motives, lets get a core of British players together and get a real team spirit going just as the Liverpool of old. Trouble is that doesn't work if you're buying players who just aren't good enough.