You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ferguson: "De Gea Needs More Protection"

TheDrowningMan

Ferguson needed a GK and as his only good buys have been very tall, even for GKs, he was always likely to go for De Gea. The only problem is that Schmeichel and VDS were very good keepers, De Gea is not in their league and imo never will be. Just because he is 6ft 5in will not hide that fact.

Ferguson needed a GK and as his only good buys have been very tall, even for GKs, he was always likely to go for De Gea. The only problem is that Schmeichel and VDS were very good keepers, De Gea is not in their league and imo never will be. Just because he is 6ft 5in will not hide that fact.

Indeed. It's also harder to hide when you are 6'5. Fact.

Exactly what fowler9 said,if this was Reina he would be getting ripped to bits.On that Sunday Supplement shite the other week after another one of his howlers one of the journalists highlighted a routine save that you see at every game from De Gea and talked it up like it was the Banks v Pele save! Similar thing is happening with Carroll and the press, putting a lot of pressure on his goals record whilst the man who he replaced for alot less money has scored once??

The other two disagreed with him though.

Right now de gea is shite. ferguson knows his keeper will be having kittens every time he takes the field if he keeps making mistakes as he has done.

As far as Im aware, I dont think de gea has chucked the ball in the net when challenged or dropped a cross when challenged. He's conceded goals because of poor positioning or by going down in installments for shots that really should be meat and drink for a keeper.

so, I dont get where ferguson says de gea needs more protection. More protection from what? Strikers shooting at goal or is he saying ;if my keeper fumbles the ball into the net when under no pressure, we should get a free kick instead of the oppos getting a goal'?

Is he fucking sane or what!?

Right now de gea is shite. ferguson knows his keeper will be having kittens every time he takes the field if he keeps making mistakes as he has done.

As far as Im aware, I dont think de gea has chucked the ball in the net when challenged or dropped a cross when challenged. He's conceded goals because of poor positioning or by going down in installments for shots that really should be meat and drink for a keeper.

so, I dont get where ferguson says de gea needs more protection. More protection from what? Strikers shooting at goal or is he saying ;if my keeper fumbles the ball into the net when under no pressure, we should get a free kick instead of the oppos getting a goal'?

Is he fucking sane or what!?

Exactly. Fuck all of his mistakes have come from being under pressure. Just goalkeeping fuckups.

But Slurgie is a sly cunt. He knows full well De Gea is going to be targetted. So hes just letting the Refs know he wants a free every time the scrawny fucker drops.

bully1.jpg

"Now you listen here De Gay, you're gonna let one in just before half time, is that clear? And if you don't I'll fucking take your best goalie gloves and cut the fingers off you weedy Spanish twat. And don't even think about telling Fergie or i'll shit in your boots and make you play the whole of the second half in jobbie heaven. Comprendez?"

Didn't you think Jaaskelainen was the best keeper in the Premiership at one point?

I still think he is one of the best, Soccer AM is saying De Gea has been dropped for Bolton.

Is he trying to confuse other managers into thinking his weakness is crosses rather than long shots so they forget to instruct their players to take pot shots?

I don't think his weakness is long shots to be honest mate, he seems to struggle anytime someone gets a shot on target and any angle. As proved by the goals he conceded to Walcott and Benayoun, he's just a pretty poor goalkeeper in my opinion.