You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

First Game of the Season

Scott_M

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but Ballack bottled it that day. Momo nailed him 2 or 3 times (all legit)very early on and he wasn't interested afterwards, he couldn't wait to get off the pitch.

he really was a fucking beast in his first year and a half at the club, shame it went downhill after that, he was never the best passer but it was non league standard by the time he left

he really was a fucking beast in his first year and a half at the club, shame it went downhill after that, he was never the best passer but it was non league standard by the time he left

Awesome player on his day, unfortunately he wasn't quite suited to us.

I reckon if he'd signed for the blueshite he'd have then had another move for over £20m.

Why would anyone hate Swansea.

I mean I know they are Welsh but what is there to hate about them?

We've always had a decent relationship with them tbf. Nice place. My missus is from there.

Can't see what's to hate myself.

We've always had a decent relationship with them tbf. Nice place. My missus is from there.

Can't see what's to hate myself.

Mate of mine (who told me about the fixtures) has a cottage in the Mumbles, wicked place and brilliant to go for a few days away.

I went across a few times last season and they are a well run club (back from the brink) with a decent stadium and they have a club philosophy of playing good football.

As far as I remember didn't Tosh manage them and we've had a lot of either ex or future players there too?

Mate of mine (who told me about the fixtures) has a cottage in the Mumbles, wicked place and brilliant to go for a few days away.

I went across a few times last season and they are a well run club (back from the brink) with a decent stadium and they have a club philosophy of playing good football.

As far as I remember didn't Tosh manage them and we've had a lot of either ex or future players there too?

Yeah there's been alot of examples of the good footballing relationship between us and them, I remember reading about Tosh apparantly wearing an LFC shirt underneath his Swans tracksuit when they came to Anfield. Pretty sure he had Tommy Smith and Ian Callaghan when he was down there. Big Jan was player-manager down there aswell if I remember correctly.

I've taken a keen interest the last few years as i'm down there quite regularly, it really has been an astonishing rise from playing in front of 2,000 people on the edge of dropping out of the league probably as near as 6 years ago. They're a family club run by fans, not living above there means, with a clear footballing philosophy. Read an article not so long ago where the chairman was talking about them not being able to buy big athletic players because they're too expensive so they had to come up with a style that meant they monopolised posession in order to compete. Will be interesting to see how they cope in the pl.

It really is a lovely city, especially in the summer, with some of the best beaches in Britain. Has it's share of cunts mind, but where doesn't? Cracking nightlife there too, should be one of the better away trips.

This was a nice touch too!

swansea-players-tribute-to-besian-idrizaj-as-they-clinch-promotion-237248583.jpg

(I sound like the fucking tourist board).

Yeah there's been alot of examples of the good footballing relationship between us and them, I remember reading about Tosh apparantly wearing an LFC shirt underneath his Swans tracksuit when they came to Anfield. Pretty sure he had Tommy Smith and Ian Callaghan when he was down there. Big Jan was player-manager down there aswell if I remember correctly.

I've taken a keen interest the last few years as i'm down there quite regularly, it really has been an astonishing rise from playing in front of 2,000 people on the edge of dropping out of the league probably as near as 6 years ago. They're a family club run by fans, not living above there means, with a clear footballing philosophy. Read an article not so long ago where the chairman was talking about them not being able to buy big athletic players because they're too expensive so they had to come up with a style that meant they monopolised posession in order to compete. Will be interesting to see how they cope in the pl.

It really is a lovely city, especially in the summer, with some of the best beaches in Britain. Has it's share of cunts mind, but where doesn't? Cracking nightlife there too, should be one of the better away trips.

This was a nice touch too!

swansea-players-tribute-to-besian-idrizaj-as-they-clinch-promotion-237248583.jpg

(I sound like the fucking tourist board).

Not at all mate. I was hoping to make our away game against them a long weekend with my mate.

It is a cracking city and as you say the journey they have been on is incredible. just a pity it appears to be a mid week game right at the start of the season.

Wasn't Aldo signed by Swansea for less money than he was on at Fords?

He was linked with Real Madrid yesterday so he can't be doing too badly.