You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stewart Downing

RobbieOR

Still expect a hell of a lot more from him to be honest. He improved as the game went on yesterday but too often for me he looks sidewards or backwards, instead of looking forwards. I want to see some positivity from him, want him to be a bit more ballsy, take a few risks, run at the player a bit more. For me he is playing it far too safe and especially in the first half he just wasn't in the game.

After his run and cracking effort against the bar against Sunderland I was foaming at the mouth as we haven't seen that type of wing play at Anfield since McManaman or even Barnes. We just haven't seen anything like that since. Maybe a goal will help to boost his confidence, but when he is ballooning shots like he did at the end yesterday we'll be waiting a while for that. I sit in 306 and the ball ended up closer to me than Joe Harte, when from 12 yards out he should really be hitting the target.

I'm not writing him off by any means, but I really want to see more from the lad.

Think he's abit low on confidence at the moment. But overall i think he's done pretty well and done what he was bought for and what could be expected. Consistant displays, providing width and hard work, delivers good crosses. If not for some very fine saves and being somewhat unlucky he'd have got 2-3 goals and a few more assists. I do think he'll start to score a few once he gets some confidence. He's not the player to consistantly make the difference between winning games and dropping points, which is why i thought we shuld have went for someone else during the summer. But he's here and im happy about it now. He just needs a little bit more confidence and his performances will get better.

piscy, it just does . been happening ever since he signed for us after every game. match thread, stuey thread, whichever thread - doesn't matter to shitfest, he'll have that pop. gotta entertain himself somehow now Rafa ain't here, chubby alvin stardust motherfucker.

piscy, it just does . been happening ever since he signed for us after every game. match thread, stuey thread, whichever thread - doesn't matter to shitfest, he'll have that pop. gotta entertain himself somehow now Rafa ain't here, chubby alvin stardust motherfucker.

Take solace in the obvious torture that results when whoppers like Dalglish keep screwing up.