You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stewart Downing

RobbieOR

Gash?

He put in a very good cross which was headed wide by Kuyt today.

Against United he put in two balls in the final 10 minutes alone that both should have resulted in goals for Kuyt and Henderson.

That's the last two games alone. He hasn't been brilliant, he hasn't been gash - he has been decent with a few moments of quality. But he needs to offer more threat as I think Bellamy is our best left winger at the moment.

You must have low standards then. I've watched an undecisive player getting worse and worse game by game.

Even when he's been playing on the left this season I've noticed Enrique being increasingly frustrated with him in terms on not overlapping and not giving him an option in possession.

The fact that you think a 32 year old striker is our best left winger speaks volumes of what Downing has shown so far this season.

What's annoyed me the most is how Downing has said in various interviews that he's wanted to join us for ages etc and he has so far not showed any passion or desire in his performances so far.

Not to toot my own horn but I specifically remember saying in the summer. Hes a good solid player but hes far from top class.

Which is basically, so far, whats he shown to be. I don't think hes done much wrong. Hes been quite solid in every game, but he just isn't going to be the type of player to make something happen out of nothing.

He'll put crosses into the box fairly regularly and its not fault if someone doesn't put the thing in the back of the net.

Always thought Downing was shite, and guess what? I still do.

He is really shite. Pretty much EVERY single shot or cross he attempts, hits the first fucking man.

£20 million pounds on absolute shite!

Pretty much Every shot or cross hits the first man? Do you watch the match on Ceefax?

Ok then you pair of smart arses, considering hes a winger how many times does he put a decent ball in the box? The only one I can recall is the one for Kuyt against the mancs. Watch the fucking game again and watch how many of his shots and crosses get blocked by the first player. And when you watch it again, watch it without them rose tinted specs you both wear.

Ok then you pair of smart arses, considering hes a winger how many times does he put a decent ball in the box? The only one I can recall is the one for Kuyt against the mancs. Watch the fucking game again and watch how many of his shots and crosses get blocked by the first player. And when you watch it again, watch it without them rose tinted specs you both wear.

Suarez Kuyt and Bellamy all had crosses put right on there heads less than 8 yards from goal yesterday, did you miss that watching the game again?

You mean the ones that were more floaty than the floater I just left in the toilet? The fact that our 'winger' got ragged off for Carroll (the one player who is a threat in the air) says everything about how good Downings crosses have been.

Kuyts 1 was a sitter with perfect pace, Suarez one was also a great chance, the only half chance was Bellamy's.

What about the perfect cross to Henderson last Saturday? Very very selective memory you have.

As I've said already, he's created 18 chances this season, only Mata can match that, the fact we've forwards who can't score isn't his fault. And I'm not saying things with Rose tinted glasses either, he was awful against Everton and for 80 minutes against united, but credit were credit is due and he has created alot in games.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
After today's game Downing had created 18 chances this season, Ashley young has 17, Mata also has 18 in less games.

Downing is doing his job, our strikers aren't

What a shit way of comparing players, Paddy.

Downing isn't shit. He isn't amazing. You know, like the rest of his career.