You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Captain

When your being swapped with Salomon Kalou heralds an upsurge in performance, it's got to be a worry.

That is because Torres is shit at playing for the team. When he is not scoring, he is just on the pitch wondering why he hasn't scored 3 goals already. He gives fuck all to the team when he isn't scoring.

It isn't a worry, its funny.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

That went well. Torres subbed, sub gets winner, Terry clattered in injury time.

I've got Arsenal down to lose 2-1 tomorrow, can't see them winning the useless fuckers.

I see Madrid lost at home again. 11 points off the top now aren't they. He's out of his depth there Mourinho.

It's the first time since before taking over Porto that he hasn't had by far the strongest squad in the league he's been competing in. Bar his CL victory with Inter last year, a cup run made possible by a lot of amazingly negative stuff, I don't think he's done anything especially impressive since 2004. He's been used to having amazing resources, being able to outspend his domestic rivals to whatever degree necessary or inheriting a team so far ahead of the chasing pack that it would take a meltdown to fail.

He's good at accumulating trophies, yes, but with the caveat that he has immense spending power and that defending en masse and kicking the opponents off of the park takes precedent over playing football. He was - and very probably still is - a great grindball manager, but having been in the comfort zone for the best part of a decade, I'm not convinced he has the tactical variety or mental strength to cultivate a great team entirely of his own.

He's got a twitch,

He's got a twitch,

Harry Redknapp,

He's got a twitch,

How he got it we don't know,

How he got it we don't care,

All we know is he has got a twitch.

HE'S GOT A TWITCH,

HE'S GOT A TWITCH...

Think he got it in that horrendous car crash in which he nearly died.

It's the first time since before taking over Porto that he hasn't had by far the strongest squad in the league he's been competing in. Bar his CL victory with Inter last year, a cup run made possible by a lot of amazingly negative stuff, I don't think he's done anything especially impressive since 2004. He's been used to having amazing resources, being able to outspend his domestic rivals to whatever degree necessary or inheriting a team so far ahead of the chasing pack that it would take a meltdown to fail.

He's good at accumulating trophies, yes, but with the caveat that he has immense spending power and that defending en masse and kicking the opponents off of the park takes precedent over playing football. He was - and very probably still is - a great grindball manager, but having been in the comfort zone for the best part of a decade, I'm not convinced he has the tactical variety or mental strength to cultivate a great team entirely of his own.

Good article in the mirror by reade today