You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NHL thread

Dan

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I'm almost ready for bed. Don't know how some of you follow this eight hours later in the evening - everyone here has tucked away the jerseys already.

The better team won - simple fact.

if you lived in Vancouver and heard all the idiotic whining and complaining, you'd be even more in agreement.

All my life I've waited for the Bruins to win the cup (I was too young to appreciate '72) and I'm really happy for them - especially Tim Thomas.

Nice guy...deserves everything he's got.

There is a 100,000 Canucks fans went to the city center, and the ensuing Riot will be interesting.

A riot might have occurred if the game was close and went late into the evening.

The Bruins made sure that didn't happen.

The fans left early, as they always do when the Canucks start losing.

Yeah... If you can't get motivated for a GAME 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals, then you should probably retire.

The Canucks were just devoid of all character.

I remember after game six thinking about the experience on the Bruins side playing a part.

I can't really be TOO upset, as I did predict this after the trade deadline. Peverley, Seidenberg, and Kaberle? I said, "The Bruins should be the favourite to win the Cup now."

Ha!

I was upset at all of the injuries to the Canucks. Kesler was playing injured, Malholtra clearly couldn't see properly, as he lost every leftsided draw that he tried... and HAMHUIS got injured in game 2 or 3 and was out for the Series.

The Rome Suspension shouldn't have stood as it was a clean hit, and only interference....

The only cup winner on the Canucks was out with injury.

Raymond got his back broken in game six.

Yeah... If you can't get motivated for a GAME 7 in the Stanley Cup Finals, then you should probably retire.

The Canucks were just devoid of all character.

I remember after game six thinking about the experience on the Bruins side playing a part.

I can't really be TOO upset, as I did predict this after the trade deadline. Peverley, Seidenberg, and Kaberle? I said, "The Bruins should be the favourite to win the Cup now."

Ha!

I was upset at all of the injuries to the Canucks. Kesler was playing injured, Malholtra clearly couldn't see properly, as he lost every leftsided draw that he tried... and HAMHUIS got injured in game 2 or 3 and was out for the Series.

The Rome Suspension shouldn't have stood as it was a clean hit, and only interference....

The only cup winner on the Canucks was out with injury.

Raymond got his back broken in game six.

Injuries now ?

I agree about Hamhuis though - his loss was hugely under appreciated.

I know you're from BC, so you must know how annoying the average fan is here. I'm sick to death of hearing the one-sided, uneducated story.

The better team won...you know that, surely ?

Just to make sure people understand the significance of this for me.

Ive worn the number 8 since high school. I wore it as the quarterback in football, I wore it in baseball, I wore it on the soccer pitch.

Every time someone asked me who my hero was, and why I wore that number, it was for Cam Neely.

He personified toughness, talent, leadership. I remember my soccer coach trying to provoke me for not having a more appropriate european sport-related hero, and I humiliated him in front of the entire team when I explained how no one was more deserving of respect than Cam Neely, regardless of the sport.

Bruins.

Stanley Cup Champions 2011.

Disgraceful performance from the Team, followed by a disgraceful performance from the Fans.

I'm embarrassed.

Yep. We got found out and lost our bottle. Congratulations to the Bruins. The better team and the fact we never gave them any scares at the TD did for us. If we had put in even one fighting performance at the TD this would be our day. Limp is how I'd describe it.

Onwards and updwards. We were the best by a distance in regular season and eased through to the final so we start again and hopefully use the experience to go one better.

Having said all that I still want the Bruins to burn in hell for this.

Edited by Einch
shit spelling

The better team won...you know that, surely ?

The Bruins vastly outplayed Vancouver four games out of the seven. Thomas was ace all seven games... and they shut down the Sedin twins easily(and they weren't prepared to fight for anything).

A lot of Vancouver fans are saying we'll get there again next year, but I don't think so... I think Vancouver need to rebuild and look at Canadians who have some fight in them.

The Bruins vastly outplayed Vancouver four games out of the seven. Thomas was ace all seven games... and they shut down the Sedin twins easily(and they weren't prepared to fight for anything).

A lot of Vancouver fans are saying we'll get there again next year, but I don't think so... I think Vancouver need to rebuild and look at Canadians who have some fight in them.

yup - the biggest problem for the canucks was horribly exposed against the bruins.

they are total pussies.

and that's coming from a cat lover.

Guest ShoePiss

Plenty to choose from then!