You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am liking Liberation, cant decide if its better as sniper or acr though. Piazza is visually stunning but i know im going to hate it.

I am a bit pissed of with the game at the minute, the respawning is fucking shocking still. the amount of times ive respawned right in front of a fucking sentry gun or an oppo is deyond belief !

The trouble is the maps are a lot smaller than MW2. I prefer huge maps like Afghan.

I very, very rarely have lag issues but that's xbox 360 not dem crap Playstations, how does one cheat on MW3 ?? I don't know how or why you'd want to, I'm much better than I was at the game, Use a stealth profile and I do ok, I never really get more than 10-14 kills but most of the time it's lower than that. I just aim to finish the game a plus k'd ratio. I played against a load of snipers on baacara, made me feel physically ill, curse those pesky snipers.

I very, very rarely have lag issues but that's xbox 360 not dem crap Playstations, how does one cheat on MW3 ?? I don't know how or why you'd want to, I'm much better than I was at the game, Use a stealth profile and I do ok, I never really get more than 10-14 kills but most of the time it's lower than that. I just aim to finish the game a plus k'd ratio. I played against a load of snipers on baacara, made me feel physically ill, curse those pesky snipers.

They run mods which give them things like aim bots, show them where everyone is, show larger mini maps, allow them to shoot through walls etc.

Some of the lag is deliberate as it gives you an advantage to have a slower connection.

On the other hand it doesn't stop them being puffs, bed wetters and virgins.

Something is not right at the moment with this game. It's taking 2/3 bullets just to get hit marker let alone the kill. And I'm clearly hitting them.

They've either messed up adjusting the lag compensation or done something else which has effected it, I've been getting some major misses with sniper rifles even at close range this morning.

Also either people are cheating or the supposed nerfing of the FMG9 still hasn't happened. Akimbo FMG9s no recoil and no misses whenever I see them being used.

Cheat fest tonight, barely a game at all without some lagging or aimbot bastard. Bowling still hasn't replied to my tweet either, too busy talking to the arse lickers instead. The man is an ignorant tit.

I'm starting to come round to the idea that MW3 will always be broken on the PS3. This mindset might actually see me jump on a bit more when I'm not working...

When I've got some time off, I'll try and arrange some evenings when a load of us can get together and play some private games on this, and maybe some of the previous CoD's.

Perhaps have a CoD night; starting with CoD4, then work our way through to MW3?

Black Ops was pretty much broken most of the way through.

To be honest I hadn't had much of the lag issues so far, just problems with cheaters. Since the latest patch I'm having loads of games with people lagging.

I've tweeted Bowling again, I'm really struggling to resist becoming very insulting with him.

If someone else comes up with a decent shooter other than EA I'm gone, as things stand I'm intent on playing MW3 through all of the updates etc. then going back to MW2 assuming it isn't hack central on that now and I'm not bothering with whatever it is Activision bring out next.

I can live with little bugs etc. but they are doing fuck all about the cheaters just like they did nothing on MW2 and Black Ops. Guess they don't give a shit as the cheaters pay there money just like anyone else.

Games companies these days are pretty shit compared to 10-15 years ago. Quality is down, it all looks nice but they actual functionality seems to be an afterthought now. The only game I've played since getting the PS3 that seems to have shown anything really different is Fallout 3, everything else is just the same old shit churned out in a slightly different format each time.

Black Ops was pretty much broken most of the way through.

To be honest I hadn't had much of the lag issues so far, just problems with cheaters. Since the latest patch I'm having loads of games with people lagging.

I've tweeted Bowling again, I'm really struggling to resist becoming very insulting with him.

If someone else comes up with a decent shooter other than EA I'm gone, as things stand I'm intent on playing MW3 through all of the updates etc. then going back to MW2 assuming it isn't hack central on that now and I'm not bothering with whatever it is Activision bring out.

I can live with little bugs etc. but they are doing fuck all about the cheaters just like they did nothing on MW2 and Black Ops. Guess they don't give a shit as the cheaters pay there money just like anyone else.

Games companies these days are pretty shit compared to 10-15 years ago. Quality is down, it all looks nice but they actual functionality seems to be an afterthought now.

Respawn Entertainment are the only people who'll challenge Activision and EA on multiple platforms, and their games isn't due for release until 2013, at the earliest...

As you're a PS3 gamer, you might want to check out this. Could be huge.

Other than that, the only other title that can possibly challenge CoD and/or BF/MoH, is Halo. This would mean a new console and Live subscription for your good self!

As far as broken CoD goes, MW3 is far worse than Black Ops. Not just my opinion, but fact as well...

We've had patch after patch, including patches to rollback patches when they fucked up and made things worse. There have been so many hotfixes that have flown under the radar as well.

On top of that, you had the calamity that was Elite when it first went live. It was so bad that they had to give all premium subscribers a month free at the end of the first year! Only now is all the functionality becoming available on Elite.

The things that saved this release for me somewhat were, the superb campaign (despite being a little short and easy), and the Survival mode, though that's not as addictive as Treyarch's Zombies in my humblemost opinion.

Treyarch are going to have to go some with Black Ops 2 to turnaround their haters, but they certainly will have learned from the mess that was Black Ops, (when it first released).

That links not worked Al. I assume you are referring to Dust 514 in that thread?

I can't get away with the EA shooters, just seem a bit laboured and slow to me, then again I think the same about the sports games they do. I just wish someone would do a new port of Sensible Soccer with up to date teams and a career mode like the SWOS games.

Obviously this morning I was mega pissed off with it as I had four of five games with people running aimbots on the trot.

The thing is if I get a run of clean games I still love it (although still prefer the Black Ops and MW2 maps to MW3) it's just getting so rare that I get the clear runs. I'm not fussed on the campaign mode as it just doesn't really have any replay value to me, not the way Doom and the likes did in the old days. Maybe I'm just getting too old and grumpy for it now?

Guest TK-421
Respawn Entertainment are the only people who'll challenge Activision and EA on multiple platforms, and their games isn't due for release until 2013, at the earliest...

I wish they would hurry up! It will piss all over everything else.

I'm pissed off with the game badly now, I'd never really played before December and I'm much better than I was but Is tress out far too much over what packages to sue, what guns to use, what perks, as far as I can see aside from the osprey the care packages are nearly all shite.

I usually go Predator, chopper, AH Overwatch thingy. When the AH comes in the chopper is usually still up, then run into the middle of the map with a machine gun and cause havoc.

It's probably easier to get the initial 5 streak kill for the Predator being a camping sniper, tho.

The advantage of the Pred is no messing around, you'll usually get one kill and then just one more needed for the choppper. Then just two more for the AH.

Too much bollocksing around with care packages, although I find UAV, CP, Pred is a good combo if I'm not in top form or am using a new class. Or maybe CP and Sentry and go for the two sentries, cos having two of them on top of a truck back to back rules.

Forgot to mention that the Respawn title will be published by EA...

You're just doing this to annoy me now aren't you? I've got nothing against EA, just don't like the engine they use, doesn't really float my boat. Hopefully with Respawn it will be better though.

You're just doing this to annoy me now aren't you? I've got nothing against EA, just don't like the engine they use, doesn't really float my boat. Hopefully with Respawn it will be better though.

EA are just the publishers though mate, so they have no input on what engine the developers use.

DICE and Danger Close use the Frostbite 2 engine for Battlefield and Medal of Honor, while other games will run on Unreal Engine 3, or CryEngine 3.

The CoD games used to run on an Infinity Ward engine, but that was "replaced" by a new MW3 engine once West and Zampella left to form Respawn.