You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Allan

I'm not very good but refuse to camp so my K/Ratio is god awful, I'm learning more as I'm going though and getting used to following the mini map instead of your vision is helping. I just always seem to be slow on the draw, but my main fault is the amount of assists I get, it's fucking ludicrous, almost as many as my kills. I seem to get shots off but none fatal, hoping when I reach 50 and get the ACR i'll improve.

The ACR blows all the other assault rifles away. By rights the M16 should probably be the best but they have nerfed it on MW3. Have you tried the SCAR-L in the meantime?

It takes time getting used to it, I did around 8 or 9 months on MW2 and it wasn't until doing 8 or 9 months of Black Ops then going back to MW2 prior to MW3 coming out that I started to get anywhere near decent and I am still nowhere near the level of the likes of Al and Byrnie.

Still have my nightmare moments though, first game last night with TK and we get the two highest scores in the match. TK continued his form for the rest of the night for the most part (with the exception of a very dodgy lobby) while I started to resemble something like Norman Wisdom does COD for the remainder of the night.

If you are up against someone who can quick scope then you will more than likely never be quicker on the draw than them, but you will start to get the others after time.

If all else fails put the opposition on your dead pool list. That'll teach them.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried the new maps yet?

Fuck off, you Elite-subscribing motherfuckers.

Been enjoying a good run of late, possibly because I've developed myself some very nice load-outs to deal with every type of problem.

My default load-out is now speed, just pure speed. Extreme Conditioning pro, dead silence, and usually assassin pro, but sometimes quickdraw. Pace and silence.

I'm using an MP7 with red dot sight and silencer, it just cuts through people and doesn't dance around too much.

My secondary is also 100% mobility, so usually a handgun with a silencer. This, coupled with the MP7 mobility makes me float like a butterfly.

I'm using frag and smoke grenades, and I'm racking up support strike rewards for the team, almost always resulting in the Stealth Bomber towards the end of the level.

I'm literally taking off at the start of games and ending up behind the opponents. This has led me to achieve the 'finish an opponent with a stun/frag' with ease. I've chucked a smoke grenade at the opposition, got in, and just stood behind an enemy for 60 seconds before deciding how to kill them, it's brilliant.

Of course, I'm open to predator missiles and choppers, so when shit gets tight I switch (after death of course) to another load-out which includes blind eye, and my secondary being a SMAW. There's usually an AK47 with silencer, and 'impact' perk as well. I find myself taking out UAV's because of stupid teammates who don't have blind eye but hang around near you, thus attracting the enemy.

When all else fails, I switch to another load-out with a similar weapon but with a Javelin secondary, and then I just dig myself into a corner and fire off a javelin in an area I think I can do most damage.

I seldom switch to sniper, not that I can't, but you just end up getting too uptight and worried about staying alive rather than trying to kill. Someone always walks around a corner and spoils it for you, no matter how careful you try to be.

I'm 100% hardcore TDM as well.

Had a bash on the new maps earlier. Piazza is a small tight map, similar to seatown or the French one, I forget it's name and liberation is massive, ideal for all you snipers. Loads of long sight lines to pick people off. Really enjoyed them.

I decided the take the plunge for Elite after looking at the list of downloads coming every month. Seems like there will be at least 1 map a month for the next 9 months so it will pay for itself in the end

I'm trading this in during the week. Never play it and never get the urge to, so no point in keeping it.

I had an email from activision asking me to upgrade from Elite to Elite premium. I am in work later so cant check exactly whats coming but I do remember that there is a new map due in Feb, 1 in March, 2 in April with a spec op map aswell. From what I remember, by October there will be at least 9 new maps (including the 2 already released, a few spec op maps and some "classified" downloads. No idea what they will be. When I get home I will post a link to the release calender.

I had an email from activision asking me to upgrade from Elite to Elite premium. I am in work later so cant check exactly whats coming but I do remember that there is a new map due in Feb, 1 in March, 2 in April with a spec op map aswell. From what I remember, by October there will be at least 9 new maps (including the 2 already released, a few spec op maps and some "classified" downloads. No idea what they will be. When I get home I will post a link to the release calender.

Nice one. Thanks mate

PS3 Elite Premium members can expect the first DLC to drop on February 28th, around the same time that the 360 premium members will receive their 2nd drop....

Here's a link to the Content Calendar.

Non-premium members, or "normies", as I've decided to name them, can expect the first signs of a map pack around the end of March for the 360, and the end of April for PS3.

*If there are any PC players that read this, I'm assuming that the DLC release dates for you, will mirror those for PS3 players.

Anyone using the PP901 or whatever it's called. Seems to be the weapon of choice at the moment but not sure how effective it is.

FMG9 seems to have become powerful again, people getting me across the map with more power than a fucking sniper rifle.

Playing Domination etc. at the moment to try and level up a bit faster. Still nobody actually playing the objectives half the time.

Anyone using the PP901 or whatever it's called. Seems to be the weapon of choice at the moment but not sure how effective it is.

FMG9 seems to have become powerful again, people getting me across the map with more power than a fucking sniper rifle.

Playing Domination etc. at the moment to try and level up a bit faster. Still nobody actually playing the objectives half the time.

Pp901 is boss. I live it for smaller maps. On another note. Why do they always put you in a game half way through and into a team that's losing heavy. And if they kicked you for inactivity. You still get a loss.

Pp901 is boss. I live it for smaller maps. On another note. Why do they always put you in a game half way through and into a team that's losing heavy. And if they kicked you for inactivity. You still get a loss.

Probably because the players you've replaced have ditched because they were getting walloped !!! yesterday I enetered Dome, run bang dead, DEFEATED.

Just started using the Type 95. Fuck me what a beast this is. Its more powerful than the Famas or M16 were on MW2. Its a 3 burst weapon. 1 pull of the trigger and so long as you catch then properly, down they go. It takes a bit of getting used to but its deadly

I can't use anything but the ACR now but would like to try something new, I might give it a go but as you say the three burst fire guns are difficult at first to get used to.

Just had a little run out for the first time in ages. It, and I, are still shit.

The lag compensation makes it near impossible for me to play on the same playing field as people with lesser connections than what I have. I would have to Nerf my own connection to bridge the void!

If it wasn't for the fact that I paid for Elite, then this would be sat on my pile of games to be traded in.

I'll still try and jump on with others for clan action, but I'd have to keep my mic muted.... For your benefit!