You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Marcel Brands on the huge challenge to clear the mess left behind @Everton’s previous regime: “Some of conversations will not be nice, but it has to be honest. We need to offload players to raise money (to spend).”

But they are Billionaires though.

Just a smokescreen so they don't get fleeced on fees, like...

When in doubt, rationalise, using us as an example.

Blue Toff

pretty much every club sells to buy though.

Liverpool have only bought Fabinho and VVD because of the Coutinho sale.

You can be sure that when/if they buy Fekir, for example, another player will leave to offset it slightly.

It's the right approach. The money pumped into the club from Moshiri can go on other areas - mainly a stadium, but also wages.

We have a big clear out to do so it's no surprise that Brands has come out to dampen any expectations of loads of incomings.

Tbh, I can see us not signing anyone until the end of the month - purely because we've got so many to ship off.

Glad that Hunter's article also names Schneiderlin directly. He'll be off if we can find a buyer. Klaassen - I'd love him to stay and prove he can cut it - but looks like we're ready to cut our losses. I'd rather keep him than spend another £20m on another risky import that may or may not work out though. See if he can cut it in a different system.

I love how a place at the club is being held for Rooney as he is a "Legend"

In what way is he actually a Legend?

He shit on them at the earliest opportunity and not only spent his best years, but almost his entire career playing for somebody else ( yes I know they are their parent club ) Only returning when his legs had gone and he is a busted, baldy flush.

Its a bit like calling Fowler a Leeds or Man City Legend, or Rush a Leeds or Newcastle Legend.

It just shows though, that to be given legend status there, you don't have to have achieved anything with them, other that hating us.

I'm surprised that haven't claimed Jonanthon Walters, David Nugent, Joe Anderson, John Parrot and Patrice fucking Evra as Everton Legends

All those trophies he won at Man Utd - proper Everton legend stuff that....

Marcel Brands on the huge challenge to clear the mess left behind @Everton’s previous regime: “Some of conversations will not be nice, but it has to be honest. We need to offload players to raise money (to spend).”

But they are Billionaires though.

Wait until they slap the p45's on the table...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-try-offload-12-players-12652729.amp

Got to sell 12 players before they buy anyone. That will fuck them up because none will leave being on good wages, they will be lucky to get 40 million for the whole lot, loads of foreign clubs will try to fuck them over with shit loan deals and the transfer window closes shortly after the world cup. No European footy and the top six moving further away from the rest of the league all the time.

My Evertonian mate is shitting himself about next season.

Yet they somehow believe that they can pay for a new stadium on top of this for the next 45 years.

I love how a place at the club is being held for Rooney as he is a "Legend"

In what way is he actually a Legend?

He shit on them at the earliest opportunity and not only spent his best years, but almost his entire career playing for somebody else ( yes I know they are their parent club ) Only returning when his legs had gone and he is a busted, baldy flush.

Its a bit like calling Fowler a Leeds or Man City Legend, or Rush a Leeds or Newcastle Legend.

It just shows though, that to be given legend status there, you don't have to have achieved anything with them, other that hating us.

Just a reminder that "Everton legend" Wayne Rooney has fewer league goals for them than such a luminary of the game as John Wark has for us.

Just a reminder that "Everton legend" Wayne Rooney has fewer league goals for them than such a luminary of the game as John Wark has for us.

To be fair to Wark - yeah he was only a bit part player for us but he had a very good career at Ipswich.

But i take your point

Everton are pissing away 45m in wages a year on the 12 players they want to shift. Mirallas is on 70 grand a week and schneiderlin is on 120. Even Robles and Steklenberg their shite reserve keepers get 20 & 25 grand a week respectively.

Think if Rooney leaves the 12m transfer fee will subsidise his wages and Everton will get virtually nothing from it.

A bad start to the season, Silva gets sacked after the fans turn on him and they can't even hire Big Sam to rescue them. This could be their year.

They've already tried giving it Unsy. I reckon if the above transpires, their last roll of the dice before slipping out of the top flight would be to give it Big Dunc to take them down. Klopp to have an iconic picture taken with his hands round Druncans throat at the last game of the season, an 8-0 drubbing at Anfield.

You'll have to excuse me, I've just come.