You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

24 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's probably the worst time to play a promoted side.

I'd add that the chances of at least one team playing a promoted side on the opening day in any set of three successive seasons are pretty good. After all, three teams out of 17 have to play a newly promoted team in any given season, so that's the starting point when it comes to working out the odds. Then the fact that the top six from the previous three seasons are kept away from each other (warning: Daily Mail link) pushes up the chances of a newly promoted team drawing one of those six aaahhhh why am I bothering?

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Elite said:

It's probably the worst time to play a promoted side.

I think it is part of the programme though isn't it? The teams who float round top 4 get promoted teams in the period before the 1st international don't they? Or am I mis-remembering that? So it's not 1 in125, because it's not random. Like derby weekend isn't random etc. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it is part of the programme though isn't it? The teams who float round top 4 get promoted teams in the period before the 1st international don't they? Or am I mis-remembering that? So it's not 1 in125, because it's not random. Like derby weekend isn't random etc. 

I think you are correct, usually the champions from what I recall 

It's hard to comprehend the hatred. I've been in the forces, been abroad and despite the footy "banter" its an unwritten rule as a scouser we stand beside each other this is a city that a government wanted to write off. Ok, we hate them they really hate us when it comes to footy but some of the bile on top of it is beyond comprehension. 

That said, nice one for that tweet. Not all blues are cunts in-fact 90% aren't. 

I'd rather be an Everton fan than a Tory.