You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players That Should Never Play for LFC Again

Red Nick

Poulsen

Maxi

Cole

Jovanovic

Pretty clear they have no future whatsoever at the club so I see absolutely no point giving them further playing time.

We should be playing players that have a future at the club like

Shelvey

Spearing (debatable)

Pacheo

Suso

Our season is over anyway so no need to play these players ever again and hopefully they will get the hint its time to go

Maxi is very average due to his lack of pace and how this restricts his other qualities and overall game.

Joe Cole was one of our better players against Braga and I have seen improvement in his performances together with his minutrs on the pitch.

One of Cole`s best attributes is his ability to play the ball in behind the defense while running at it, in a team with no pace among their attacking players this quality is wasted but thats not Cole`s fault is it.

He is far from finished as a footballer.

Maxi is very average due to his lack of pace and how this restricts his other qualities and overall game.

Joe Cole was one of our better players against Braga and I have seen improvement in his performances together with his minutrs on the pitch.

One of Cole`s best attributes is his ability to play the ball in behind the defense while running at it, in a team with no pace among their attacking players this quality is wasted but thats not Cole`s fault is it.

He is far from finished as a footballer.

Thats not the point though as its pretty clear to all that he is finished as an LFC footballer. Id be happy if Lucas never played for LFC again but he will wheras the 4 players i mentioned wont play any meaningful games for us next season and are all likely to be sold in the summer.

So for me its a waste of time playing them

The only rider to that is that until Kenny has a long term contract he will pick the team for the short term and not the long term.

When Maxi plays were as good as down to 10 men anyway. Playing one of the kids instead of him will be like having an extra player on the pitch.

Poulsen... less said the better.

Cole - i think he suffers from trying too hard sometimes - he wants to look impressive and make people notice him, often ignoring the easier pass, and 9 times out of 10 the player receiving the ball is completely unaware of what he's attempting or Cole himself has executed it poorly. If he stuck to the simple things i think he'd get on much better - unfortunately he's always been a bit of a show pony and likes to make things more difficult than they need to be.

Jovanovic. Get out you gutless shithouse. The scouting department need a public flogging for this piece of 'business'

has Jovanovic played under Kenny aside from the Blackpool game? Didn't see that match but by all accounts he had a nightmare, just wondering as I thought he actually looked a decent player at the World Cup and was okay for the first few games of Roy's reign of terror before turning shite

Jova is an interesting one to me.

He has largely not been very good - fact.

But others who that was the case for have been given chances (Ngog, Poulsen, even Cole tbh) so why not Jova? Is he that much worse?

He is an experienced international who joined us having just played and scored in the WC so when he cannot even get on the bench these days it is a bit puzzling especially when the team is not playing that great and we need to look at options. Pacheco a 19 year old who has hardly turned out for the first team is prefered to him on the bench in the EL ties as is Ngog who has looked pretty ineffective when called on lately (altho he did look a bit better on Thurs) - not saying they are wrong choices- that is a different debate - just saying that is factual

Having said that I think Jova himself should look at it and think - it looks unlikely I'll get a look in here, I better move on - and so I expect him to go in the summer. If he doesn't come to this conclusion it to me would only mean that he was more interested in picking up his pay cheque rather than playing football - cos I would think he must on a decent salary - for doing very little.

Be interesting to see how it develops.

Poulsen, maxi, jova, and Cole to leave yeah I agree with that but I'd also add Pacheco to that list while we can still get something for him he's not going to make here whether it's because of lack of chances or whatever the fact of the matter is he's 20 now and he hasn't even got 5 team appearances and even when he has started he hasn't exactly been this monster of a player that he has been built up to be.

EDIT- come to think of it I'm not convinced maxi should go I think he is the ideal squad player, hard working, can play in multiple positions, and isn't so much of a star he will demand to play every week.

has Jovanovic played under Kenny aside from the Blackpool game? Didn't see that match but by all accounts he had a nightmare, just wondering as I thought he actually looked a decent player at the World Cup and was okay for the first few games of Roy's reign of terror before turning shite

He was on the pitch against Wigan for starters, but I`m not sure what to call what he was doing there, it sure as hell was not playing.

Poulsen, maxi, jova, and Cole to leave yeah I agree with that but I'd also add Pacheco to that list while we can still get something for him he's not going to make here whether it's because of lack of chances or whatever the fact of the matter is he's 20 now and he hasn't even got 5 team appearances and even when he has started he hasn't exactly been this monster of a player that he has been built up to be.

EDIT- come to think of it I'm not convinced maxi should go I think he is the ideal squad player, hard working, can play in multiple positions, and isn't so much of a star he will demand to play every week.

Thats assuming he turns up, he does have this thing about not appearing to be on the same pitch as the rest of the squad for long periods of a game, cant think which game it was, but I didnt know he was playing for about 15 minutes.

Not a fan of his at all.

Nogo is one I dont think is even up to championship standards.

Poulsen is a given as NLR

Shelvey, I dont rate from what ive seen, but hes young.

Wouldnt like to cast a vote on Pacheco, has he played for more than 10 minutes at a time yet?

Why nobody mentions Jay Spearing? He's average at best, a deep-lying playmaker in the mould of Whitehead guy from Stoke,far worse than the likes of Barry Fergueson,Nenad Milijas or even Ciaran Clark taking a deeper role in the middle of the park. He tops my list.

Jovanovic,Cole,Poulsen should be dead-certs to leave. Aurelio,Lucas,Maxi,Kyrgiakos,Aurelio,N'Gog and very overrated IMO Meireles could follow unless we fail to find decent replacements.

Why nobody mentions Jay Spearing? He's average at best, a deep-lying playmaker in the mould of Whitehead guy from Stoke,far worse than the likes of Barry Fergueson,Nenad Milijas or even Ciaran Clark taking a deeper role in the middle of the park. He tops my list.

Jovanovic,Cole,Poulsen should be dead-certs to leave. Aurelio,Lucas,Maxi,Kyrgiakos,Aurelio,N'Gog and very overrated IMO Meireles could follow unless we fail to find decent replacements.

take it you didn't watch Spearing today then? granted he may not be good enough in the long haul but when he has played he has generally been good and if today is an example of whats to come I will be happy for him to stick around for a while yet

take it you didn't watch Spearing today then? granted he may not be good enough in the long haul but when he has played he has generally been good and if today is an example of whats to come I will be happy for him to stick around for a while yet

Poor irony mate. Yes, I did watch Spearing today. I also watched Kyrgiakos in January 2010, Maxi Rodriguez in Espanyol 2004-2005,Fabio Aurelio chipping in a few goals in 2002-2003 and Poulsen during his marvellous time at Seville between 2006 and 2008. They're past their peak,had some good moments,but don't show quality anymore. Same with Spearing, who can play decent for one game and shit for all the other ones. Just like Maxi,who played well against Blackburn or Villa,you can't deny it, or Poulsen, competent at the Molineux. I bet after Braga away game you wouln't want Jay in your team,would you? He will never ever be a Liverpool level player. Keeping Lucas,Jay and Raul,with Adam possibly coming and buying one anchorman would make our midfield very Stoke or Newcastle - esque, don't you agree?

Poor irony mate. Yes, I did watch Spearing today. I also watched Kyrgiakos in January 2010, Maxi Rodriguez in Espanyol 2004-2005,Fabio Aurelio chipping in a few goals in 2002-2003 and Poulsen during his marvellous time at Seville between 2006 and 2008. They're past their peak,had some good moments,but don't show quality anymore. Same with Spearing, who can play decent for one game and shit for all the other ones. Just like Maxi,who played well against Blackburn or Villa,you can't deny it, or Poulsen, competent at the Molineux. I bet after Braga away game you wouln't want Jay in your team,would you? He will never ever be a Liverpool level player. Keeping Lucas,Jay and Raul,with Adam possibly coming and buying one anchorman would make our midfield very Stoke or Newcastle - esque, don't you agree?

I'm still not 100% on Jay but today was very promising and I certainly didn't write him off after Braga

as for the others you mentioned

Aurelio- very good player just made of glass

Maxi- again decent player but only right for certain games

Poulsen-shite the majority of the time, there is a good player in there as showcased at Sevilla and he was even decent in his first 2 or 3 games for us but clearly has no future here

Soto-I think he should probably go in the summer but he has done a job while he has been here

and if our centre midfield next season was to be Raul,Lucas, Stevie, Adam and Jay I'd be quite happy with that providing Jay continues to perform like today and Everton etc, seems some will never allow their views on Lucas to be changed

Fowler 9

As I see we agree more than we disagree, but I can't get my head around how you accept next season set of midfielders,which is unfortunately likely to happen. None of the above-mentioned is good in finding space in the final third,work in channels,just like Nasri,Silva,Iniesta or even Goetze and Pjanic - maybe Gerrard,but he will be more of a sitter like Scholes with passage of time I guess. Adam is quite unique,but a blend of Barry and Alonso - direct,not very mobile,slow and average at defending,even though very combative. He can dictate the play,but it will never be sexy football:) None of the midfielders from the above is good enough to be a first-choice anchorman. And only Gerrard,who turns 31 in two months time and Adam in some games,just like Maxi, are good enough to warrant a first-team spot. I find Meireles one-dimensional,direct and overrated. Very average middle of the park,no better than Everton tbf.