You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players That Should Never Play for LFC Again

Red Nick

Fowler 9

As I see we agree more than we disagree, but I can't get my head around how you accept next season set of midfielders,which is unfortunately likely to happen. None of the above-mentioned is good in finding space in the final third,work in channels,just like Nasri,Silva,Iniesta or even Goetze and Pjanic - maybe Gerrard,but he will be more of a sitter like Scholes with passage of time I guess. Adam is quite unique,but a blend of Barry and Alonso - direct,not very mobile,slow and average at defending,even though very combative. He can dictate the play,but it will never be sexy football:) None of the midfielders from the above is good enough to be a first-choice anchorman. And only Gerrard,who turns 31 in two months time and Adam in some games,just like Maxi, are good enough to warrant a first-team spot. I find Meireles one-dimensional,direct and overrated. Very average middle of the park,no better than Everton tbf.

it would be great to get a player in like you mentioned although I've never seen Goetze play but the others I would of course jump at the oppurtunity to sign the others if we could however I do think Meireles can do that job and have to disagree with you regarding him, as to Adam i think he is far more Xabi than he is Barry however of course we're never going to be able to get someone quite as good as Xabi in but I genuinely think Adam could be a top player for us if we signed him, I'm a big fan of Lucas, and always have seen a good player in him but as most know we didn't see anywhere near the best of him in 08-09 and whilst last season was a vast improvement this year has been even better and he has just gone from strength to strength, naturally if a player of say Mascherano's quality was available to us we'd be mad not to sign him but as it is i'm happy with Lucas in that role

its worth remembering that the Mancs central midfield is far worse on paper than the one we look likely to have, Chelsea's is on the decline in terms of Lampard and Essien although Ramires looks to be getting a lot better recently and up until this season Arsenal have regularly had to rely on the likes of Song, Diaby and Denilson in central midfield whilst aside from De Jong and Toure City are absolutely appalling there, so whilst we need to strengthen its not like we need Barca's midfield to get back challenging