You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best Gig You've Ever Seen?

Paisley Red

There might already be a similar thread on here but I couldn't find it ...

I went to see Janelle Monae last night in Glasgow - absolutely fuckin' brilliant. She's an amazing singer and dancer, her band are as funky as the JBs, every song was fantastic and her backing singers and dancers were stunning. Right up there with the best gigs I've ever seen along with the Pixies, Horace Andy, Jane's Addiction, Al Green, Radiohead and Public Enemy.

Who is the best live act you've ever seen?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica in Bradford St Georges Hall on the And Justice For All tour 1998

Faith No More - The Real Thing Tour - The Royal Court 1990

Pink Floyd, De Kuyp stadium Rotterdam, 1995

Rage Against The Machine - RATM album tour - The Royal Court 1993

The Verve with Beck in support - Haigh Hall, Wigan 1998

Radiohead - Victoria Park , Warrington 2000

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible tour, MEN 2007

David Bowie - Sound & Vision tour - Maine Road, Manchester 1990

All awesome, impossible to pick which was best.

David Bowie - Sound & Vision tour - Maine Road, Manchester 1990

Top performance that. I loved that projection veil over the stage.

I've seen hundreds of top performances, some small, intimate gigs (Stone Roses, Stephen Duffy, Johnathan Richman) with a handful of people in the audience interacting, others at about 10 Glastonburys (plural?) I've been to or big "concerts". The La's and Mission (and Wylie) at Royal Court in 1989 was special.

It's a hard choice, but I can't think of any better than McCartney at Glastonbury for me. Springsteen in Sheffield was close. As were Pixies in Manchester.