You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Bojan is definitely a contender for one of the most overhyped young players out there. The fact that he has a Cherno Samba-like record for Barca youth team doesn't hide the fact he has been distinctly average since stepping up. All the hype is based on his Barca and Spain youth form, but he has shown nothing whatsoever at a higher level.

Bojan is definitely a contender for one of the most overhyped young players out there. The fact that he has a Cherno Samba-like record for Barca youth team doesn't hide the fact he has been distinctly average since stepping up. All the hype is based on his Barca and Spain youth form, but he has shown nothing whatsoever at a higher level.

Thats a bit unfair. 26 league goals in 42 league starts is pretty damn good for a youngun. Granted theres 60 odd sub appearances aswell but equally a lot of those are time wasting subs in stoppage time.

He's shown plenty of quality, just not quite enough to get in Barcelona's team regularly.

I am actually worried about who is going to be leaving, we need shot of some shit and no one seems to be sniffing.

Alright mate, any chance you could listen to this at 8.30 (Your time) Hora 25 en CADENASER.com

They are claiming they are speaking with a Player than Liverpool are on the likely to buy. Heres the original tweet.

A las 8.30 en @h25deportes hablamos con un jugador español que tiene un ofertón del Liverpool y seguramente en un mes estará en Anfield!!!"

Thats a bit unfair. 26 league goals in 42 league starts is pretty damn good for a youngun. Granted theres 60 odd sub appearances aswell but equally a lot of those are time wasting subs in stoppage time.

He's shown plenty of quality, just not quite enough to get in Barcelona's team regularly.

I agree. Shows a bit of spark more often than not and, to me, does not look out of place in that side. He may not be able to get into their side regularly, but who else could?

We need to sign Phil Jones max price 12M ,Luis Enrique for LB max 12M , James Mccarthy over Henderson for me , Stuart Downing but Mata if we can pull it off. Charles Nzobia and Bojan then finish fourth and we can think of the Chellinis Hazards and Higuans.

Alright mate, any chance you could listen to this at 8.30 (Your time) Hora 25 en CADENASER.com

They are claiming they are speaking with a Player than Liverpool are on the likely to buy. Heres the original tweet.

A las 8.30 en @h25deportes hablamos con un jugador español que tiene un ofertón del Liverpool y seguramente en un mes estará en Anfield!!!"

Will try but more than likely just gossip about someone who might be coming but will listen anyway.

"as much as I thought the price for Bent was a good one, and hard to refuse, I'm just not certain on selling Henderson even for £20m.

The lad is what we want to build a team around.

--------------------------

Exactly. We already know that he can perform for us - maybe he didn't do that all year but he is twenty for fucks sakes!! He is one of the brightest prospects in the country at the moment - why the fuck would we want to lose that?

Any player we buy is a risk - any player can lose form. If Jordan turns out to be crap in a few years time, or mediocre, then we haven't wasted anyhting because we didn't have to buy him in the first place. Losing him would be so disappointing

---------------------------

We should be building a team around him,not selling him to Liverpool so they can do it.

We have waited for 20 years to produce a player good enough to rub shoulders with Rowell,Elliott,Arnott,Hug hes,Tueart,Todd and Suggett.

I can hardly believe some of the comments on here from so - called supporters.Why do you think the big four are after him - 'cos he's crap?! - There really is a low I.Q. threshhold on here.

This lad is likely to play for England for the next decade.I want it to be with us.That's the way to attract other good young players,not by being a feeder club for the big guns."

Show how much he means to a lot of Sunderland fans.

he does look very average, but usually thats because you have been watching Messi before he comes in and that makes him look even worse

If we spend 12m on Luis Enrique I will question Kenny and DC's competence.

Not even sure I would spend 12m on Jose Enrique. Cissokho maybe.

Lyon bought him for £15m and 20% of any future fee goes to Porto so they'll want more than £12m for him.

Pardew gets a portion of any fee recieved which is why he'll drive a hard bargain on anyone including Carroll when we got him.

Lyon bought him for £15m and 20% of any future fee goes to Porto so they'll want more than £12m for him.

Pardew gets a portion of any fee recieved which is why he'll drive a hard bargain on anyone including Carroll when we got him.

wouldn't his fee have been in euros?

i did not know of the sell on clause, you are right that would make it more difficult - just cannot see any of the other LB's being discussed as having his upside, even so it would be difficult to part with that kind of money on that position for me.

But we've clearly got dough so I think we should just be happy we are spending it after the years under Hicks and Gillete

I am very happy to be there as well but I do not think we should stump that kind of cash for someone who does not have the potential to be one of the best in the world at that particular position.

With Kelly, Flanno and Robinson I think we have some good young players who can do it at a high level already. For me, Enrique and even Baines might not offer enough to make those numbers worthwhile - though I do agree we need to bring in a more established player on the left to really have some balance in the back.

Enrique at 12 (which incidentally I dont think we'll pay that much for) but even if we did he'll be much cheaper than the other options.

Contreao for about 25m, Baines will go for silly money if he does leave to City and as we've seen Cissokho would be about 18m

Enrique at 12 (which incidentally I dont think we'll pay that much for) but even if we did he'll be much cheaper than the other options.

Contreao for about 25m, Baines will go for silly money if he does leave to City and as we've seen Cissokho would be about 18m

Enrique has only got 12 months on his contract, so surely if Newcastle are quoting that sort of ridiculous fee his agent would be saying piss off or we'll hang on for 12 months & get the money ourselves.

How much did we get for Arbeloa in the same circumstances ?

£5m.

I think Enrique will leave for the same amount, Ashley is all about the money and I reckon relations between Comolli and his NUFC counterpart are good after January!

I think we're just keeping our options open at the minute, if we can't get a top top winger we'll settle for Downing and get a big money left back. If we can get someone like Mata or Hazard I can see us moving for Enrique.