You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Aquilani agent Franco Zavaglia goes from

"Right now I really believe that Aquilani will wear the jersey next season for Liverpool"

to

"Part of what is written in the papers correspond to reality, there is a concrete interest of Fiorentina, but the deal is not at all completed. I can not say that Aquilani is a stone's throw from Florence, this news does not confirm that. But the purple Aquilani love it"

In the space of a few days

Add in the Florentina manager Sinisa Mihajlovic saying he

“needs an Aquilani-style midfielder”

Well, they do have an Aquilani-style midfielder in Montolivo, and he is still with Fiorentina ... Personally, I think that Fiorentina are using this Aquilani story to force Montolivo into signing a new contract ...

"Right now I really believe that Aquilani will wear the jersey next season for Liverpool"

to

"Part of what is written in the papers correspond to reality, there is a concrete interest of Fiorentina, but the deal is not at all completed. I can not say that Aquilani is a stone's throw from Florence, this news does not confirm that. But the purple Aquilani love it"

So he's saying Fiorentina have been putting out feelers.

Google translation

Despite his youth, speaks with a maturity that overwhelms. He went so young to Barcelona and then shared a dressing room with so many players enshrined Dani Pacheco, the genius of Slate, talks about football and life as an adult. He has lived a year with very different feelings. European top scorer in the U-19, Liverpool did not give continuity and searched the beans in Norwich, who ascended. Now aims to shine in the World Under-20.

After a year in which Liverpool did not use it as he deserved, this call should be a spur.

'It's a great joy, because after the European Under-19 did not play as much as expected. It is important that recruiters continue to rely on me. Hopefully we are there in the fight for the title, and I will fight for this opportunity.

His situation is strange in the European top scorer in France and neither first nor Dalglish after Hodgson gave continuity.

Certainly, I expected more. Why should I deny it? I was at a good level and the club told me they would have opportunities. This is naturally a disappointment to see that you do not have minutes. But a situation is working well and I only have minutes in this World Cup U-20 to prove myself.

In the final moved heaven and earth to go subsided. He came to Norwich and contributed to the rise. The season finale could not be more memorable.

Yes, it was very nice. I still remember and I'll remember forever. Keep in mind that this was a team coming from Segunda B and suddenly began to have any chance of reaching the Premier. Everything I've lived here has been delightful and I've caught a lot of love to the club and its fans. It is another option for the future is there and must be evaluated.

'So, that means you see more out of Liverpool ...

No, just that if I will get opportunities I have very clear I want to leave. Above all, I want to play and if I leave it there will be no problem.

Last year had a chance to come to Spain.

'I would rather looking forward to returning to Spain. Many people know that. After the World Cup will be sub-20. My representatives (agency Bay) try to accomplish what I want.

The summer before that sounded Malaga, although it seems that the options were not so real.

'If I'm honest, I do not know much. Just a woman who worked in Malaga (the former director general, Yasmin Al Sahoud) got in touch with Liverpool to Malaga report that wanted to buy, but Liverpool did not include a transfer but a transfer. Little more. Someday I'd like to go home. At the moment did not happen. If you have come, come.

She is in the squad for the World Under-20 with two local people. One of them, Isco, returns home after the club paid seven million.

Isco has already proved it. He's a guy with incredible conditions. Whenever you have opportunities, take advantage. Even in Valencia, although he has had few. I am very happy for him. He is now at home and I am convinced that meet expectations.

Oddly, perhaps competing with you for a job.

Yes, we are similar players, we like to touch the ball, attack-minded, we look forward. But all players are compatible. At first they said Xavi and Iniesta were not compatible and then has shown that it can not do is separate them.

He may play more pointed, but you have the technical box at left.

From playing tiny-pointed, but I have been standing on the left and the truth is there to feel good leg changed. At this age we want to put us to play, wherever.

Another dream has been fulfilled: to agree on the selection with his best friend, Recio.

We are together in the room and that says it all. We played together for 9 years and we have a very good relationship. Whenever I try to be together Malaga. He is new and I try to make things easier, although we have a very good group of people.

I suppose it was a surprise to you that would jump to the first team.

The truth is yes. It is not surprising that a player who was not fixed in third and had not been trained with the first team Pellegrini him up and end up being the most important of the season. But knowing him I know he has conditions for that and more. It has always worked hard and sacrifice so quietly and noiselessly, and now reaps the fruits. It also has a great quality. They deserve it and your family.

'Anyway, so back to Blackboard and happiness to see the pavilion named after him.

'It was a very happy day. Keep in mind that I played there with the ball since I was a child. The people recognize you and are proud, and to see my side to the people I want, including or Toni Recio, who has made the preseason first team.

Liverpool lining up their own Chicharito

Published 23:00 19/07/11 By Football Spy

(16) Recommend (5)

Liverpool are offering Mexican wonderkid Marco Bueno a five-year deal in the hope he's the next Javier Hernandez.

The Reds are in talks with his club, Pachuca, over signing up the Under-17 World Cup winner.

Dalglish will offload Aquilani and Cole to fund bid for Enrique

Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi said: "We are conducting negotiations with Liverpool and possibly, on August 1, Marco Bueno will pay a visit to Liverpool.

"We have already practically closed negotiations with them. They want to buy 100% of the rights.’’

Liverpool are hoping they have unearthed another striking gem after watching Bueno's follow Mexican Hernandez shine for Manchester United last season.

Read more: Liverpool very close signing own Javier Chicharito Hernandez striker Marco Bueno Mexico Under-17 World Cup winner - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Seems our youth development is ever increasing, hopefully this kid is good.

Official Note

The board of Sport Club Corinthians Paulista hereby officially to communicate the impossibility of hiring the Argentine striker Carlos Tevez. While recognizing the efforts of Manchester City and all involved in the negotiation, there is more time for the transfer to be achieved, given that the window to the players from abroad ends on Wednesday, July 20. Aware of the huge crowd dream of having a new striker as a player of Corinthians, the board looks forward to Tevez in the near future.

Google translation

Bolton have been given the green light by Barcelona to sign Jeffren for £5million.

Owen Coyle is a big admirer of the winger, who helped Spain win the European Under-21 Championships this summer, and is willing to pay £5million to land him.

Jeffren does not feature in Pep Guadiola's first-team plans and Barca's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta says he can go.

"We are working with his agent and we will look for the best place for him to continue his career," said Zubizarreta.

Read more: Bolton Barcelona Jeffren £5million - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

to

*snigger*

Liverpool lining up their own Chicharito

Published 23:00 19/07/11 By Football Spy

(16) Recommend (5)

Liverpool are offering Mexican wonderkid Marco Bueno a five-year deal in the hope he's the next Javier Hernandez.

The Reds are in talks with his club, Pachuca, over signing up the Under-17 World Cup winner.

Dalglish will offload Aquilani and Cole to fund bid for Enrique

Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi said: "We are conducting negotiations with Liverpool and possibly, on August 1, Marco Bueno will pay a visit to Liverpool.

"We have already practically closed negotiations with them. They want to buy 100% of the rights.’’

Liverpool are hoping they have unearthed another striking gem after watching Bueno's follow Mexican Hernandez shine for Manchester United last season.

Seems our youth development is ever increasing, hopefully this kid is good.

Got told he was arriving on Monday for a trial - be interesting to see if he is involved in todays academy game.

Do you think the chances of Mexico having two Hernandez's in the same generation of players is likely?

I don't.

I'd much, much, much rather we were doing more shopping for youth players in Holland. Much better chances of unearthing talented, level-headed young players who are ready to work hard, and will adapt easily to living in Britain.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Do you think the chances of Mexico having two Hernandez's in the same generation of players is likely?

I don't.

I'd much, much, much rather we were doing more shopping for youth players in Holland. Much better chances of unearthing talented, level-headed young players who are ready to work hard, and will adapt easily to living in Britain.

Nationality has nothing to do with quality.

I don't.

Ridiculous comment.

Mexico just won the U17 World Cup and this lad was they're star player. I saw a bit of the tournament on holiday and all the commentators were falling over themselves to say how good he is.

I know we've been burnt but players like Le Tallec in this situation before but we can at least see how he does in the trial first.

I don't.

4215.jpg

Express and Star saying that Wolves want Spearing on a season long loan.

Think that could be great for him playing weak in weak out.

Wolves eye Jay Spearing loan move « Express & Star

Wolves want Liverpool midfielder Jay Spearing on a season-long loan to complete their summer signings.

Manager Mick McCarthy has identified the pint-sized 22-year-old as the man to add bite to his central midfield.

Spearing has recently signed an extension to his contract and is highly-rated by Anfield manager Kenny Dalglish, with 20 of his 27 senior appearances for the Reds coming last season.

But Liverpool see a loan for Spearing, who had an 11-match loan spell at Leicester in 2009-10, as the best way to continue his development and they are likely to agree to him moving to Molineux.

Wallasey-born Spearing fits the Wolves profile as being young and hungry and is an infectious character who is a real livewire in the middle of the park.

McCarthy also watched Liverpool’s 20-year-old centre-back Daniel Ayala on loan at Derby last season.

But Wolves still need to offload first before anyone is allowed to come and they are highly unlikely to buy anyone else now this summer.

That means McCarthy’s planned move for a left-back looks like being shelved for now.

Read more: Wolves eye Jay Spearing loan move « Express & Star

Spearing is our only back up for Lucas. Would be daft to sell/loan him.

Yeah, that's the same reservation I have regarding this. I think Jay would get plenty more games at Wolves than here - especially if we don't sell Aquilani and Meireles.

In the end it probably depends on whether we play with 2 or 3 in the middle? I think Kenny would like to mix it up a little, so maybe there's enough games to be had for him here?