You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Obviously speculative, and i doubt City would sell him to us but id love to see him in our side.

Adam Johnson linked to Liverpool move | Football Observer

Adam Johnson could be set to leave Manchester City and move to Liverpool this summer it has been reported.

Johnson who joined City in the winter of 2010 for an undisclosed fee on a four and a half year contract had been linked earlier this year with a possible move to Sunderland but now there is speculation that Kenny Dalglish is keen on the 23 year old.

Since joining Roberto Mancini’s squad he has impressed many people and gained a lot of admirers, however the Italian himself does not always appear to have been one of them. The winger has spoken openly about his desire to maintain first team status and admitted that he would not be willing to stay with the club if he was not a regular in the starting line up.

It is no secret that the Reds are looking to strengthen their squad when the transfer window reopens and the winger position is one that has come under a lot scrutiny with performances by the likes of Milan Jovanovic, Joe Cole and Maxi being under par.

The England international would not only seem to fit the bill with his style of play but would also fit the owners desire to introduce younger players into the team. The Fenway Sports Group are encouring a policy to sign young players who would have a re-sale value if and when they are sold at a later date.

Would love to have him here, Johnson, but I don't think Man City will deal. Johnson would have to stick in a transfer request.

Agree, Johnson would be the perfect signing for us if we can get him for something between £10-15M, not sure they would sell for that though.

quality player really think he could flourish with regular first team action but i think city would rater let him go down a league or let him rot in the reserves. than sell to a rival.

the only possible way i could see it happening if handed in a transfer request and make them listen to and offer from us and that looks rather unplausible.

Arsenal are preparing a £10million move for Leighton Baines as fears grow over the future of left back Gael Clichy.

Sportsmail revealed last month that manager Arsene Wenger is worried Clichy will not sign a new deal at the Emirates. The French defender, who is out of contract at the end of next season, later admitted he would not recommence discussions over a new deal until the end of this campaign.

Now Everton's Baines has been identified as the man Arsenal want should Clichy be sold.

The Gunners have looked at Celtic's Emilio Izaguirre but Baines has been a shining light in a mediocre season for Everton and his performances have alerted Wenger.

An Arsenal source told Sportsmail: 'Baines is a good defender first and foremost but Wenger likes how comfortable he is on the ball, particularly his delivery and set pieces. Wenger thinks Baines would slot straight into the team with little fuss. Also Baines knows the Premier League inside and out so he would not have to get used to English football like a foreign signing would.'

However, the Gunners are aware that Baines is settled in the North West and that they could have trouble persuading him to uproot.

Everton will need to sell this summer to balance the books at Goodison Park and will consider offers for him. The sale of Jack Rodwell in the summer could bring in as much as £15m but a £10m bid for Baines, who has also been linked with Liverpool and Bayern Munich, would be hard to reject even if they sold Rodwell.

Read more: Arsenal plot £10m bid for Everton's Leighton Baines | Mail Online

Tottenham and Liverpool are reportedly leading the race for the £15 million-rated striker, who turned 18 on Thursday.

800484450_14012558-596x362-1301665048220_304x185_inline.jpg Connor Wickham is a summer transfer target for Tottenham and Liverpool (PA)

Jewell said: 'I am hopeful he will stay but, let's be honest, we are all at the mercy of the big clubs.

'If Liverpool or Tottenham come in with money that is going to help us plough back into the team – silly money if you like – we have to listen to it.'

The former Wigan manager believes it would be better for Wickham's development if he stayed with the Tractor Boys.

But he pointed out that the England Under-21 international would not be leaving on the cheap as Ipswich do not need to sell.

Wickham has made 66 appearances and scored 11 goals for Ipswich, since he became the club's youngest ever debutant when he appeared at the age of 16 years and 11 days in 2009.

Read more: Connor Wickham is for sale to Liverpool or Spurs, says Paul Jewell | Metro.co.uk

Oscar Wendt talks begin 'with Liverpool, Newcastle and QPR'

Copenhagen left-back Oscar Wendt has confirmed his agent is in talks with several clubs across Europe over a move this summer, with Premier League giants Liverpool and Newcastle and Championship leaders QPR all involved.

Related Tags:LiverpoolNewcastleCopenhagenEurope

article-1301671659905-0B3742B800000578-283530_636x300.jpg FC Copenhagen's Oscar Wendt is being linked with Liverpool and Newcastle (AFP/Getty)

According to reports, a number of European teams have expressed an interest in the 25-year-old defender, who is available on a free transfer.

A number of other English teams, who are as yet unnamed and unknown, have also been in touch with Wendt over the prospects of signing him.

It is thought the Reds are leading the race for his signature, although the Magpies are also keen to bring him in - especially if they lose Jose Enrique this summer, who is coincidentally being linked with Anfield.

Lisbon-based club Sporting have been named as one of the interested parties, although Wendt has previously hinted he wants to play in England.

Speaking to Swedish newspaper Sportbladet this week, he said: 'Sporting are one of the clubs we are talking to, then we have decided to not name the others.

'But my agent has serious talks with them. Nothing is decided, but I am not stressed about it.

'I want to find a club which feels right.'

Liverpool caretaker-boss Kenny Dalglish has highlighted left-back as a priority area for new recruitment this summer, especially as he has been using England international right-back Glen Johnson as a makeshift since he took over the team.

Read more: Oscar Wendt talks begin 'with Liverpool, Newcastle and QPR' | Metro.co.uk

Wolves manager Mick McCarthy says he would be powerless to turn down a substantial offer for winger Matt Jarvis.

Liverpool and Everton are among a clutch of clubs monitoring the England international who signed a new five-year contract in the summer.

article-1372568-0B65411500000578-243_468x337.jpg Breakthrough: Jarvis takes on Ghana's Morgan Ayew-Dede on his England debut

McCarthy does not want lose the 24-year-old, but knows it will be an almost impossible task to keep him should Wolves be relegated.

McCarthy said: 'If a top-four club offers unbelievable amounts of money for him - he wants to be a regular in the England team, and he can do whatever he wants with his salary and his career - then it becomes very difficult.

'There are certain scenarios you just cannot stop.'

Read more: Liverpool and Everton step up chase for Wolves winger Jarvis | Mail Online

Liverpool preparing £8m bid for Wolves' Matt Jarvis

Published 23:00 01/04/11 By MirrorFootball

Wolverhampton-Wanderers-Wigan-Athletic-Matt-Jarvis-Premier-League+cropped

Wolves are bracing themselves for an £8million summer bid from Liverpool for England winger Matt Jarvis.

Jarvis, 24, has become a hot property following his form this season and he made his England debut against Ghana this week.

Jarvis signed a new five-year contract at Wolves last September but that is unlikely to deter Liverpool.

Read more: Transfer News: Wolves are bracing themselves for a £8m summer bid from Liverpool for Matt Jarvis - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Oscar Wendt talks begin 'with Liverpool, Newcastle and QPR'

Copenhagen left-back Oscar Wendt has confirmed his agent is in talks with several clubs across Europe over a move this summer, with Premier League giants Liverpool and Newcastle and Championship leaders QPR all involved.

Related Tags:LiverpoolNewcastleCopenhagenEurope

article-1301671659905-0B3742B800000578-283530_636x300.jpg FC Copenhagen's Oscar Wendt is being linked with Liverpool and Newcastle (AFP/Getty)

According to reports, a number of European teams have expressed an interest in the 25-year-old defender, who is available on a free transfer.

A number of other English teams, who are as yet unnamed and unknown, have also been in touch with Wendt over the prospects of signing him.

It is thought the Reds are leading the race for his signature, although the Magpies are also keen to bring him in - especially if they lose Jose Enrique this summer, who is coincidentally being linked with Anfield.

Lisbon-based club Sporting have been named as one of the interested parties, although Wendt has previously hinted he wants to play in England.

Speaking to Swedish newspaper Sportbladet this week, he said: 'Sporting are one of the clubs we are talking to, then we have decided to not name the others.

'But my agent has serious talks with them. Nothing is decided, but I am not stressed about it.

'I want to find a club which feels right.'

Liverpool caretaker-boss Kenny Dalglish has highlighted left-back as a priority area for new recruitment this summer, especially as he has been using England international right-back Glen Johnson as a makeshift since he took over the team.

Read more: Oscar Wendt talks begin 'with Liverpool, Newcastle and QPR' | Metro.co.uk

Alright people... tell me about this swede, who has a section in his wiki page abotu his hair, and lemme know if he's good enough.

Alright people... tell me about this swede, who has a section in his wiki page abotu his hair, and lemme know if he's good enough.

He has a side parting. It's not as awesome as Christian Panucci's so he can fuck off.

Oscar Wendt is hopeless!

I regularly watch FC Copenhagen on the tv here in Denmark and I really think he is massively overrated. Probably only talk of him because he's a free agent in the summer?

I think he's worse than Konchesky. I'd be very dissapointed if we end up getting him, but since Roy left the club I don't really believe we're after him?

Oscar Wendt is hopeless!

I regularly watch FC Copenhagen on the tv here in Denmark and I really think he is massively overrated. Probably only talk of him because he's a free agent in the summer?

I think he's worse than Konchesky. I'd be very dissapointed if we end up getting him, but since Roy left the club I don't really believe we're after him?

Good enough for me.

FUCK OFF OSCAR!

Tottenham and Liverpool are reportedly leading the race for the £15 million-rated striker, who turned 18 on Thursday.

800484450_14012558-596x362-1301665048220_304x185_inline.jpg Connor Wickham is a summer transfer target for Tottenham and Liverpool (PA)

Jewell said: 'I am hopeful he will stay but, let's be honest, we are all at the mercy of the big clubs.

'If Liverpool or Tottenham come in with money that is going to help us plough back into the team – silly money if you like – we have to listen to it.'

The former Wigan manager believes it would be better for Wickham's development if he stayed with the Tractor Boys.

But he pointed out that the England Under-21 international would not be leaving on the cheap as Ipswich do not need to sell.

Wickham has made 66 appearances and scored 11 goals for Ipswich, since he became the club's youngest ever debutant when he appeared at the age of 16 years and 11 days in 2009.

Read more: Connor Wickham is for sale to Liverpool or Spurs, says Paul Jewell | Metro.co.uk

When and why did he shoot up anothe £5m?

We should never be in for him at that price.

1 goal in every 6? In the lower leagues? And that equals £15m?

I appreciate there is more to his game then just a very average goals return, but the English tax is just absurd.

1 goal in every 6? In the lower leagues? And that equals £15m?

I appreciate there is more to his game then just a very average goals return, but the English tax is just absurd.

To be fair a lot of those appearances have been from the subs bench. Wickham came off the bench twice in his debut season, 17 times in the league last season and 13 so far this season. He also suffered a serious injury earlier in the season and will have taken time to recover from that.

It is very difficult to put a value on a young Championship player with potential but £15m does seem very steep. I would hope that if we are in for the likes of Wickham and Chamberlain that there will be a number of performance related clauses that make up the overall transfer fee.

Haven't seen this guy yet, not going to look for a youtube video on him. Anybody seen him play in Europe this season?

Rivals tracking £13m Rolando | Football News | Sky Sports

Rivals Manchester United and Liverpool are interested in Porto defender Rolando, according to the player's agent.

Old Trafford manager Sir Alex Ferguson and Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish are both known to want to sign a centre-back this summer to reinforce their respective squads.

Rolando's agent, Peppino Tirri, claims that his client is attracting interest as a result and he expects progress at the end of April.

Tirri believes the 25-year-old would cost around €15million (£13.2m) and it remains to be seen if North West enemies United and Liverpool enter a bidding war.

Inter Milan and Juventus have also been credited with interest, but Tirri told Notiziariosportivo.com: "There is also Manchester United and Liverpool following the player.

"I think something could move towards the end of the month. Now the clubs are focused on the championship and the Champions League."