You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

If I recall correctly, at spurs, Ziegler was a good outlet on the left and could put in some wicked crosses. He seemed technically accomplished. I think he was suspect defensively though. Again, I don't know how many games he played their as LB & how many as LW. He is far more experienced now though.

Their seems to be genuine interest in Newcastle's Enrique though. So it may me academic in the end.

Santini had him playing left-back, and Jol was playing him as a left-winger.

Arnesen is from Denmark.

I meant he spent a long time as PSV's DOF, so he and Jol were probably familiar with each other from Holland.

He's reportedly set to leave Chelsea in the summer. Not sure how his time, and having been enticed from Spurs on a multi million pound deal, will be assessed at Chelsea. I don't know how much say he has - he's clearly got Abromavich's ear though - but their planning, especially after winning the double last year, has been abysmal.

Liverpool lining up bid for Lille star - Liverpool FC

Liverpool are lining up a £10milion move for Lille midfielder Gervinho this summer.

The Ivorian came close to a move to Anfield last summer but the Reds failed to agree terms with Lille before calling off the deal.

But they remain interested in the 23-year-old, who has 18 months to run on his contract, and Lille are ready to cash in.

Director of football strategy Damien Comolli made a personal check on Gervinho in Lille's last league match against Toulouse and talkSPORT understands the Liverpool chief is ready to sanction a summer move.

A source close to Gervinho said: "He has been watched and there is interest from Liverpool.

"We will have to wait until the summer to see what happens."

Source: Talksport

Kjaer could make England move - Liverpool FC

The agent of Wolfsburg defender Simon Kjaer insists he was not contacted by Arsenal or Liverpool in the January transfer window, but he has not ruled out a move to the Premier League in the future.

Denmark's classy 21-year-old centre-back was repeatedly linked with the two English clubs in the summer transfer window of 2010, however, he opted to sign for Wolfsburg, then managed by Steve McClaren.

The Bundesliga club's struggles in the current campaign, which have cost McClaren his job, have led to reports that they are ready to rebuild and would listen to offers in the region of £10million for Kajer despite his only recent revival.

Liverpool are expected to make defensive reinforcements their priority this summer, while it is understood that Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eager to add some resilience to his backline.

But asked about contact from either of the clubs, Kajer's agent, Mikkel Beck, is quoted as saying by calciomercato.com: "Last summer there were many rumours of a move to Premier League.

"But we decided to sign with Wolfsburg and we are very happy with this decision. No English club has contacted me in January, but England is a country where every player wants to play one day.

"I cannot recommend Simon to go to play in Premier, he will decide. In January, I did not speak to any club because at this time Kjaer has no intention of going away from Wolfsburg."

Source: Sky Sports

Liverpool face five-way fight for St Etienne star - Liverpool FC

Liverpool are in a five-way chase for St Etienne's midfield enforcer Blaise Matuidi.

The 23-year-old has been one of the Reds' key transfer targets ever since the arrival of Damien Comolli as the director of sporting strategy.

Comolli moved to Anfield from St Etienne, but Liverpool will face stiff competition from Serie A sides Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina, plus Bundesliga club Schalke.

St Etienne's asking price is thought to be around £8million, but the club insist they have received no concrete offers for the midfielder yet.

Source: talkSPORT

Lille put £21m price tag on Hazard - Liverpool FC

Lille have slapped a £21million price tag on Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool target Eden Hazard.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has admitted his desire to sign the 19-year-old but Chelsea are understood to have moved into pole position over the past few weeks.

The Belgian winger has also been watched extensively by Manchester United and Real Madrid and Lille manager Rudi Garcia said: "In the end of the season if someone is interested [in making a bid] we will study it and if not, nothing happens. Hazard is a great asset to this club."

Liverpool, meanwhile, are also tracking Feyenoord winger Georginio Wijnaldum. Liverpool scouts watched him against Heracles Almelo last weekend but the 20-year-old had a quiet game.

Released Liverpool striker András Simon has signed with Excelsior in Holland.

Source: Daily Mail

Liverpool face five-way fight for St Etienne star - Liverpool FC

Liverpool are in a five-way chase for St Etienne's midfield enforcer Blaise Matuidi.

The 23-year-old has been one of the Reds' key transfer targets ever since the arrival of Damien Comolli as the director of sporting strategy.

Comolli moved to Anfield from St Etienne, but Liverpool will face stiff competition from Serie A sides Roma, Juventus and Fiorentina, plus Bundesliga club Schalke.

St Etienne's asking price is thought to be around £8million, but the club insist they have received no concrete offers for the midfielder yet.

Source: talkSPORT

Wasn't Comolli adamant that he wouldn't go back to Etienne to buy their players?

I meant he spent a long time as PSV's DOF, so he and Jol were probably familiar with each other from Holland.

He's reportedly set to leave Chelsea in the summer. Not sure how his time, and having been enticed from Spurs on a multi million pound deal, will be assessed at Chelsea. I don't know how much say he has - he's clearly got Abromavich's ear though - but their planning, especially after winning the double last year, has been abysmal.

He has left already, I'm sure he is looking at getting the Danish National job when Olsen leaves next year.

He has left already, I'm sure he is looking at getting the Danish National job when Olsen leaves next year.

It was announced several months ago that he would leave at the end of the season. He only did an interview on BBC Five Live a week or two ago on Chelsea's youth, so don't think he's left yet. He's also still on their official website.