You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Martin Skrtel on Torres departure

Dracco

There is long interview in slovak leading sports paper with Skrtel about situation after Kenny´s arrival:

dennÃ*k Å¡port - Dalglish osviežil vzduch

He is also aked about Torres´s departure so I´ll try to translate at least the parts regarding it.

"Will you miss Torres?"

Of course, he´s a great footballer. But we got Louis Souarez from Ajax and talented AndY Carroll from Newcastle. It won´t be easy for them but I think they can replace Torres.

" Torres was one of your closest mates out of the squad, you lived next to each other. Were you meeting also outside of club?"

We had a very good relationship, but we didn´t walked our dogs together nor have been hanging out together. It is not very common here in England. The team spends a lot of time together and if we finally have some spare time we owe it to our families. During season we have 3 or 4 dinners together for special occasions.

" Has he told you something about his departure?"

Two´weeks ago, before training, he told me that he would like to change a club. I thought it was a joke at that time. And now you see, it´s true.

" How was his farewell?"

There wasn´t any. His transfer happened very quickly and as I said things team´s farewell dinner´s are not in here in England.

"How was Torres inside the dressing room and outside of it?"

In it he is very quite, you often did not even know that he is there. And outside of it he is very polite and friendly young man who is not trying to be in the centre of attention for any price.

" Does he like quality wine as a Spaniard?"

Ha Ha, we never talked about this....

" For Fans he is a traitor, it could be worse just if he would leave for Man. Unted....."

It was his decision, that´ s a life of the footballer. I am sad that he left but try to understand it. His desire for change was probably too big for him.

"Has his departure left some blip on the atmosphere in the dressing room.?"

No, it wasn´t even a big topic to talk about. He has left and is up to us to replace him.

" On Sunday you play Chelsea. If he starts for Chelsea, you´ll probably meet quite often....will you also regrind his legs ( shraight translation from Slovak)?"

I´ll see....Now he is an opponent and I won´t give him a centimeter of space for free....

Hopefully my english is o.k., my english is only based on learning in school... :-)

In Czech media there´s also an interview with him where he is asked partly similar questions.

When asked if he told something in the dressing room after completing his transfer Skrtel said :

" Torres told us that his expectations of how will this season go were totally different. This expactations were not fulfilled so he decided that change is the best option. That´s how he explained it to us."

Remember the time Skrtel kicked Drogba or Adebayor in the back? Back when we thought he was an enforcer. Can't find a photo of it. But that's what we need on Sunday...

I think it was Jo.

It was the game when Martin injured his knee ligaments afterwards.

And I am not sure it Skrtel starts on Sunday.

I think it was Jo.

It was the game when Martin injured his knee ligaments afterwards.

And I am not sure it Skrtel starts on Sunday.

I thought it was in a bigger game than Man City (at the time). But it appears that you're right:

skrtellsb2.jpg

And I apologise for mixing up black players, in John Motson mode...

I thought it was in a bigger game than Man City (at the time). But it appears that you're right:

skrtellsb2.jpg

And I apologise for mixing up black players, in John Motson mode...

I still have no idea what brought that bout of madness on. Its like De-Jong at the world cup and what's worse is that the ref see's it as plain as day and does fuck all about it. Madness.