You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

No doubt it'll be chock full of add on clauses and the such like.

Still nothing on whether this is due to Torres Leaving as of now no Further bids by Chelsea have been received or reported for Torres.

Could FSG be coughing up a shitload of cash?

Will we line up Vs Chelsea with Suarez Torres and Carroll?

I've noticed a recurring theme with your last few posts, Whelan. And I chuckle every time.

I am feeling your angst!

Haha!

I am trying to decide whether we are making the best of a bad situation or just fucked!

I woke up this morning and I have to say that Andy Caroll for 35 million was not something I was even contemplating!

Add in Nzogbia or Jarvis (can't think of anyone else) and this might just work out!

It's simple. We're desperate for a good striker on the last day of the transfer window. So we have to pay above the odds. Meaning more than Man City did for Dzeko, for example.

Who to blame? The owners? I think not...

To be fair, we could have just told Torres, sorry, we can't get the right player at the right price to replace, so you're staying until we do.

Presumably the owners have sanctioned this. HUGE gamble. Will Carrol become a Shearer or a Drunken Ferguson?

He was 25 million this morning!

We have been had, but in our situation we didn't really have much choice.

I can still remember Trevor Francis saying this to a red top about a new signing years ago. Funny as fuck then not so sure now.

I'm in a weird state of not knowing whether to laugh or cry, my face is already in a state of FAST-esque wonder at the prospect of us paying £35m for Andy Carroll.

For Andy Carroll.

For Andy Carroll. What the fuck, it has to be bollocks, has to be. For £35m we could have tempted AC Milan with offers for Pato.

Fuck, the likes of Mario Gomez, Etoo, Luis Fabiano, Van Persie, Robben, Cavani, Hulk, Nilmar, Lukaku...would have you betted against any of their clubs turning down a £35m cash bid?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited at the prospect of Carroll in a red shirt, but we're fucking mental if we're paying £35m for the lad.

Injury room says Carroll is back Feb 5th and has a thigh muscle strain. The supposed amount is still absolutely insane though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be excited at the prospect of Carroll in a red shirt, but we're fucking mental if we're paying £35m for the lad.

We can't be, it just can't be true. Not 35m.

Some deluded thoughts on here.

Were supposed to shaft a team wen selling,because lets be honest,torres aint worth 50 mil,and we will have played a blinder if we get 50 mil.

but were mad for spending the money that were supposedly spending on carrol because apparently we are being shafted.

To be fair, we could have just told Torres, sorry, we can't get the right player at the right price to replace, so you're staying until we do.

Presumably the owners have sanctioned this. HUGE gamble. Will Carrol become a Shearer or a Drunken Ferguson?

But what use is that stroppy cunt going to be then?

If the owners had paid up a couple of weeks ago for Suarez, things might look rather different now...

Not too sure, since he is no longer our player, and I have no reason to give the benefit of the doubt, the cunt has planned this all season!

£50 million and fuck off, if not we will have Andy Carol and Suarez and we can stick the stroppy twat in the reserves.

Next week is going to be so fucking tasty!