You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is this season a write-off already?

redfromtubebar

As much as I'd like to be confident, and as much as the nature of the league this season has meant that we've been in a position a few times where 'If we win we'll be four points off fifth', we don't ever actually get to fifth, or fourth, or anywhere within touching distance of the top of the table. I've no faith in us stringing together a run of decent results that will send us into those champions league places as long as we have to play away from home. I've seen nothing in Roy's career either before us or since he started here to indicate there's some amazing work in progress and he just needs time to get us playing well.

We'll continue to be mediocre as long as he's in charge.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it can still go either way, but it's hard being too optimistic atm cause we're very inconsistant.

I think we'll have a hard time getting fourth place, but we should be close come May. Actually the program looks very inviting the next couple of months, so maybe we can push on. City are well in it, but they look like a side that could colapse any moment.

If we're in contact by mid January and we get 2-3 signings that will improve us then I'd be very dissapointed if we'll end up calling the season a write-off.

Either way the new owners will do a lot to make the season worthwhile. At least off the pitch.

The last resort of the desperate. If all else fails, launch the "you're a manc" mud. :whatever: There's more chance of finding a snowman in a 40c heatwave, than finding any evidence here that I'm a manc, or blueball, or any other rival English club you suggest.

I'll defend our coach because he's doing a very difficult job. I said before he was appointed that I would give the new man time when he came in, to do what needs to be done. I'm not going to scan every single phrase and paragraph forensically in every single interview he gives, looking to be insulted. There are much more important things on the pitch that need to be done, and it's going to take time to get them done. The last coach got 6 years, the one before him another 6. I'm going to give Roy more than 6 months.

Another classic myp moment: you cut out all of the other questions and answer the one that makes you look like the victim again. What a drama queen you are. I said you did a good impression of being Jamie Wankar (a Manc) because you do not hesitate to insult previous managers to compliment your hero, Roy.

this time next month i think we will have a far better idea what we can do in the league.like red in sweden says we need to find some consistency and bloody quickly.i reckon we will win tonight and lose at newcastle.our next 7 league games are hardly the worst run of fixtures we could hope for.what do people think is acceptable? would you take 4 home wins and a win,draw and a loss from the 3 aways? if we turn out to be 4 points off 4th after 22 games and sign a new, good striker as back up in january would you take it?

I'd snap your hand off for that!

Another classic myp moment: you cut out all of the other questions and answer the one that makes you look like the victim again. What a drama queen you are.

No, the drama queen is someone who puts random quotes in their signature, to get as much mileage as possible out of a non-event.

The other questions were already answered. Multiple times.

Most press conferences and interviews are full of PR spin and other rubbish. Comments shouldn't be taken literally or seriously.

He said last week, we may get "one or two" more away wins. He meant a few. He said this week, we hope to do a "little better". He means a lot better, but it's a lot less controversial than the "guarantee" of 4th spot 12 months ago.

So you are his publicist now?

Check his record... He meant exactly what he said... 'one or two' more away wins would be a banner year for him away from home in the league... a 'little better' is also correct given his highest league position is somewhere around 7th with Fulham two years ago.

The fact remains that our highest sustained league position (more than 2 weeks) is still from before the start of the season when we sat 10th alphabetically. Once the games started, the truth came out and you and everyone else who rush to his defense are working overtime making excuses and blame shifting.

Enough!

Shut the Fuck Up Kanwar or whoever you are!

fair enough its hard to be confident. looking at a potentially "easy" run of fixtures and finding myself hoping to win them all at home but alsosaying if we manage it id take 4 points away to newcastle, blackpool and blackburn sums up my confidence in away games

There's no such thing as 'easy' when we have to travel away from Anfield. Remember, we were just 3 points off the top four before Wigan and Stoke and thanks to Mr. Lowered Expectations, we never closed that gap. The concern I have is that we won't win ALL our home games, and we won't make up enough of those points from our travels to offset those blips at home. As a result, we will slip farther and farther away from the top... Unless we make a change and get someone in that has a much more attacking mindset about them.

Check his record... He meant exactly what he said... 'one or two' more away wins would be a banner year for him away from home in the league....

And as I highlighted yesterday, Rafa won 4 away league games pre-December in his first three years here, and he was seen as a demi-god.

We should get one or two more away wins, and we will get a good few more than that, now that most of the harder ones are out of the way. I would rather him say "one or two" away wins knowing we'll get more, rather than "guarantee" getting 4th then end up well off it.

No, the drama queen is someone who puts random quotes in their signature, to get as much mileage as possible out of a non-event.

you didn't, Kanwar, you really didn't.

As for the quote, you wrote it. And slagging off Kenny Dalglish for experiencing stress after Hillsborough may be a non-event to you, but not to a Liverpool fan.

And as I highlighted yesterday, Rafa won 4 away league games pre-December in his first three years here, and he was seen as a demi-god.

We should get one or two more away wins, and we will get a good few more than that, now that most of the harder ones are out of the way. I would rather him say "one or two" away wins knowing we'll get more, rather than "guarantee" getting 4th then end up well off it.

more digs, eh?

Guest ShoePiss

I'm glad it's there, it reminds people what an absolute twat of a poster you are on here.

we're ten points of 4th now but that's nothing to you when you're defending Roy is it?

I'll answer the day after we play the Mancs in the cup.

If we beat Villa we'll be 7 points behind 4th with a very winnable run of games over the Christmas period. And I believe we'll take the Mancs back to ours and take them.

A lot of if's and but's though...

We had a very winnable run before we lost at home to Blackpool.....

Firstly, since when do you deal in facts? You twist things to suit your arguement and then deny it when you get called on for making shit up...

Second, I don't care what Benitez did in his first six months, I dont' care what Houllier did or what Evans did or any other prior manager. I'm judging Roy for what HE has done, which is systematically deconstruct a once proud footballing institution.

Third, I expect a manager to consistently present a confident, brave face. Someone who is willing to be disliked by his peers for the moment because he has the stones to come out and believe in his team publicly.

oh yes you did

Well if I did, you'll find the H word in the quote. But as you can't, I didn't.

we're ten points of 4th now but that's nothing to you

We're 10 points off 4th with a game less played, and about to go back to 7 points where we started the weekend in. No doubt, there'll still be something to moan about.

I'm judging Roy for what HE has done, which is systematically deconstruct a once proud footballing institution.

Third, I expect a manager to consistently present a confident, brave face. Someone who is willing to be disliked by his peers for the moment because he has the stones to come out and believe in his team publicly.

Our institution has been deconstructed since Souness arrived. That wasn't yesterday, or even 6 months ago.

If he comes out Mourinho-style and starts overhyping his team and underestimating the opposition publicly, he'll be slaughtered in the press, and we won't be happy about it. That's the alternative.

Edited by mypost

Well if I did, you'll find the H word in the quote. But as you can't, I didn't.

We're 10 points off 4th with a game less played.

Our institution has been deconstructed since Souness arrived. That wasn't yesterday, or even 6 months ago.

If he comes out Mourinho-style and starts overhyping his team and underestimating the opposition publicly, he'll be slaughtered in the press, and we won't be happy about it. That's the alternative.

Everyone on this site has seen your quote... It shows what kind of delusional dreamworld you live in where you can put something in writing in a public forum and then deny responsibility because people come after you for it...

There have been problems and I will agree that they have been there for a while, but even those managers won something and showed glimpses of promise. Boardroom chaos and bad ownership have been the norm but never before has the Liverpool manager OPENLY downgraded the expectations and standards of the club as Hodgson has, nor has any prior manager actively set about to hide behind such off-field issues or blame his predecessor for a lack of quality within the team (only to retract that when it becomes apparent that the players aren't shit, his tactics were). He has publicly slated his own players, used the press to dismiss the fans, and been extra careful to not defend his own players when criticized by his 'friends' across football.

He doesn't have to be Mourinho - Jose's a cunt - but the manager of LFC should be confident and comfortable saying that we are out to win and dictate how the game is played. He should be able to say so in a fashion that isn't insulting to the fans, opponents or the world at large. He should be able to open his mouth without constantly putting his foot in it. Roy is capable of none of that.