You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Remembrance Day

Malarkey

27 minutes ago, Jennings said:

The way it was being reported, led me to believe the march going to clash with remembrance Sunday events - rather than on the Saturday.

The way it's being reported suggests the main plan for the marchers is to blow up the cenotaph then shit into the crater. It actually goes nowhere fucking near it. 

6 hours ago, Jennings said:

The way it was being reported, led me to believe the march going to clash with remembrance Sunday events - rather than on the Saturday.

That's how it's been reported

Sadly a huge number buck toothed simpletons haven't grasped the concept that sat and Sunday are 2 different days.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Not only is it of course the day before remebrance day but it also goes nowhere near the cenotaph that the flag shagging, knuckle dragging, racist, xenpohobic, morons egged on by Sunak and Braverman are "guarding"/getting all wound up over.

_131681496_palestinian_march_11_nov_excl

Facts don’t matter. The daily veil have got a Israel-Hamas Protest Marches Live: article up with a picture of the cenotaph. It’s all about whipping up hate and deflecting from the hundreds of thousands calling for peace. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Aye, this cenotaph shite wasn't on anyone's agenda until the daft bint started her bullshit. Someone should have her for incitement.

Yep, they'll get what they want by sending out the goons to drink cider in the streets and shout about how much they love a country that's utterly embarrased by them and their views.

Fuck the tories, genuinely, fuck 'em.

This is on them if anything happnes as they've stirred the pot to the point of confected stand off potentially happening.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There would be a delicious irony if the pro-peace march went off without incident today and those who opposed it and stirred up hate were left to explain the right wing violence.

The EDL mob don't do that though, they are suprisingly well organised, or orchestrated.

They use the freedom to march nonsense and pull the police all over the place intentionally and disrupt plans and cross paths with other protests.

I've been caught out and stuck in the middle of them a few times now.

One of the most surreal times in my life was when an EDL goon was calling me a race traitor while I was protesting outside number 10 becuase of the situation in Sudan. As we were being pulled apart the naked bike ride rode past in their hundreds to everyones utter bemusement, completely killed the tension.

Wild.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

There would be a delicious irony if the pro-peace march went off without incident today and those who opposed it and stirred up hate were left to explain the right wing violence.

I expect a lot of the potatriots are spending the next few hours getting tanked up.  Any anti-genocide protestors on their way home after the big march could well be in for a kicking.