You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WANTED: A striker who can hold the ball up and link play ..

HJohal

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should they sell him so cheap, when they only bought him last year? I think it's a no-goer, unfortunately.

They bought him 2 year ago for £8m, they were going to sell him to us last summer for £12m until the money went awol, he was the 4th player benitez ment when he said "I wanted 4 players I got 3".

He did'nt have a great season last yeae 10 goals in 40 games or so, but could do well with us.

They bought him 2 year ago for £8m, they were going to sell him to us last summer for £12m until the money went awol, he was the 4th player benitez ment when he said "I wanted 4 players I got 3".

He did'nt have a great season last yeae 10 goals in 40 games or so, but could do well with us.

I thought we were about to buy him when Fiorentina ended up buying him, but I can see on his Wiki that you're right.

His goalscoring record at Fiorentina is pretty shit, though. 71 games, 13 goals.

Kevin Doyle is quite good at holding the ball up, would probably cost a fair bit though.

Edit: Got beaten to it there.

Think there was a thread about him before and people were less than enthusiastic. I am biased but having seen him play every game for Ireland in last few years and following him closely last year in the Prem I'm convinced he deserves to be playing at a higher level. Outside top 8 clubs there is few better players, apparently arsenal are interested but don't see where he'd fit in there.