You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Purslows opening arse-licking interview with the echo -

"The key point is we will not sell a footballer if we can’t find a better or equal replacement."

There you go the, panic over. Unless we can find someone equally as good, then Torres isn't going anywhere.

Phew, that's a weight off my mind.

Might as well close this thread now.

When did he say that mate?

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Torres goes to Chelsea he's a cunt.

Although that impersonator Darren Farley put on Facebook:

*Darren Farley I done an interview with Fernando Torres for adidas a couple of months ago and I'm tellin yer now in his words '' Theres no way I wud play for another premiership club '' More bollocks from his agent who will get the chop after this load of bollocks His armband said he was a red and thats how He'll stay YNWA

Is it that much of a stretch to believe it's true? Not that they'll leave, but that they've been promised top players and don't trust the board? I wouldn't.

It could be true, but I just didn't seem to think Tony had any information and was just speculating.

He said Chelsea offered LFC £25 million for Torres before the World Cup.

If Torres goes to Chelsea he's a cunt.

Although that impersonator Darren Farley put on Facebook:

*Darren Farley I done an interview with Fernando Torres for adidas a couple of months ago and I'm tellin yer now in his words '' Theres no way I wud play for another premiership club '' More bollocks from his agent who will get the chop after this load of bollocks His armband said he was a red and thats how He'll stay YNWA

I don't believe a word a footballer says now mate, and to be honest Torres is pissed off with the club keep breaking promises. So you cant blame him wanting a move.

Torres is an asset the club will still want to own when they're touting it around the Middle East, it's a balancing act, I imagine the situation is currently thus - Broughton wants to offload the club for as much as possible - Torres wants better players around him - Tores must stay for the club to be sold for as much as possible - Broughton et al will be trying to convince the likes of Tores that the end of the ownership saga is in sight. It's what Dave Lister might call 'our Rob or Ross'.

We're looking at a very small window here during which everything could go spectacularly right or spectacularly wrong.

So according to Tony Evans, plans are underway to sell Torres and Gerrard. Well If thats the case then selling the club is a bluff and the asset stripping has started. Funny how benny noon was sold the day after Woy was appointed.

Time will tell.

With all due respect you didn't set it aside earlier in your own post. Hodgson's been written off already by many. I wouldn't pretend to know how he'll actually fare here, rather than anywhere else. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment. (Seeing as mutual respect has gone out the window between players and managers, he'd be quite entitled in a fair world to ask Gerrard and Torres: 'So, are you going to play better this season than you did last? I need assurances because I'm ambitious'.)

Class!

I'm not nearly as concerned about the possiblity of Stevie going. He game is about pace and power, and last season he was starting to look leggy to me. He has been a great for us for years, but I don't think he is key to the future.

Now, if Stevie moving on triggered Nando's departure, then that's a different story. But taking it in isolation, I honestly would not be too bothered if Stevie went - for the right price (invested back into the team) or for the right player exchange/s.

Nando staying on is more crucial to the fortunes of the team. I hope he stays for one more year to see how the ownership saga plays out, but that's about the best we can hope for.

Finally, the contract point is mostly to protect the interests of the club in this Bosman era. Just because Nando is on a long contract does not mean he has to honour it. Imagine if he had 12 months remaining and came out with 'I fully intend to honour my contract here at Liverpool.' He would be called all sorts for not signing a new deal to favour the club.

All a lengthy contract means is that the club is suitably compensated should the player move on.

No-one is asking him to honour all five years of it though Rev. Just to show a bit of decorum.

Signing for one of our English rivals a year into a contract after all the things he's said about us would be the actions of a cunt. There would be no other way to interpret it.

It was that sycophantic interview that the Echo did with him not long after he arrived.

Liverpool Echo - News - Liverpool Local News - Liverpool FC confirm new investors hopes but deny they would sell stars like Torres and Gerrard

The quote I used is on that page.

Contradicting yourself is not just common among the suits:

"I'm a foreign player, but I know how the Liverpool fans feel and I remember the welcome I had when I arrived - it was amazing.

"I hope to play a lot of years or maybe even finish my career here.

"I don't know, but Liverpool is my English team and I don't think about playing for another one."

Torres: I won't join a rival - Liverpool FC

So according to Tony Evans, plans are underway to sell Torres and Gerrard. Well If thats the case then selling the club is a bluff and the asset stripping has started. Funny how benny noon was sold the day after Woy was appointed.

Or maybe he was sold the day after the transfer window opened, after he was told by the previous manager 8 weeks earlier he could go, so found himself a new club