You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support G

StevieH

Good of him.

No doubt the usual suspects on here will pipe up soon enough, but as hated as he is on here by many nobody can question his love for the city and the club. You'd never be able to say that about the fella he was sacked to be replaced by.

Hated? Excuse the naivete, if that's what it is, but how could any genuine red hate Rafa Benitez.This is nonsense and I don't believe it to be the case.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G Richards has questioned his motive behind it coming out in the press and then agreed with you all that its standard that the charity publish it to raise their profile.

You are all arguing with yourselves saying everyone has shithouse aids who slags him off. Look at the posts since the article was put on yesterday. No-one has slagged him off whatsoever. Just read the posts and fucking calm down.

Anyone who donates to charity is a decent person , no-one can deny Rafa Benitez isn't a decent human being.

If people didn't like him as a manager we could all argue until the cows came home but that's for a different thread altogether.

Ha,ha I was wondering this also. It's like pitchforks and flaming torches at the ready with nothing to stick them into.

You only joined this forum after he left. You wouldn't have seen the personal abuse he often took on here.

I don't doubt for one minute he got some stick over the years, for some of his decisions.

That said no one can justifiably lay claim to hate him if they consider themselves genuine reds.

Maybe we should knock it on the head now.

Get your lot to observe Matthew 6:1, then come back and worry about Rafa.

[YOUTUBE]WRllRTMU51s[/YOUTUBE]

Who gives a fuck how a few mongs interpret his actions. Rafa is a good man. Any donation given should be accepted with kind thanks, not with sceptical worries about how things might look. I know that's not your view but I'm just putting it out there.

The only thing that's surprised me, is that Houllier hasn't claimed it was the money that Rafa inherited from him.

You got the quote that was in the back of my mind spot on, and you are right, there are people in the church who can be 'showy' rather than getting on with it behind the scenes, so to speak.

Anyway, there's nothing to add about Rafa here. I fully accept this wasn't done for PR reasons, and that Rafa is a top, genuine bloke. I also understand how HSFG can benefit from an increase in profile due to the link with Rafa, so it's all for the good.

Apologies if any offence was caused to anyone, as I really didn't have an axe to grind with Rafa or anything like that.

* shakes hand with fellow forumites *