You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ex-Liverpool FC manager Rafa Benitez donates £96,000 to Hillsborough Family Support G

StevieH

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John i think Llegovski's comment was a bit more of a tongue in cheek type but this clown is blatantly trying to get a reaction, he's embarrassing the forum for outsiders looking in.

You are probably right about Llegovski but I just didn't think it was called for when I first seen it on a thread about Rafa giving money to a very worthwhile cause which is more important than his tactics, performance, post match interviews, signings, sellings etc.

Sorry, I just hate Hillsborough or any Hillsborough related subject being used as ANY cheap jibe no matter how trivial and we would all agree on that one surely.

Classless? The cunt is a millionaire and just earned a shitload of money.

If I donate £96 do I become a legend? Just because it has a 96. Thick cunts.

If I was a millionaire, I'd be donating a shit load more than that.

Have you donated 96p, £9.60 or £96, probably not?

The amount is not important as such its the nature of the donation. He could have walked away from this club full of bitterness about how he was asked to leave, without any further critisism from the fans but he chose to show his true colours by giving a small (for a millionaire) but equally impressive amount to a cause for the fans of a club he is no longer connected to.

People like you will always find a negative. If you are not touched by this then I'm sorry for you.

You're still an unwanted guest. You're also a massive bellend.

I don't care what some people think of him. You may not like him and I respect your opinion on that subject but to disregard what he has done is pathetic. He does seem like a really nice bloke and one I'd love to meet. This parting gift was brilliant and shows how much he cares about the fans.

Goodbye Rafa and good luck in the future.

*Runs off to cry again*

Why not £100,000? WHy do you think he specifically chose £96,000? Just a random number he plucked out his arse eh?

It's symbolic. It's to show the importance of 'the 96'

Regardless of your opinion of the mans football ideas, your disrespect for a genuinely nice man is horrific.

I am no lover of rafa's tactics or team selections but i am genuinelly upset he didn't make it here as he really is a true gentleman.

I have had the pleasure of meeting the man in unpleasant personal circumstances and can confirm he is a true caring man, who put a hell of a lot back into the community.

I hope your just on a wind up or pissed as if you truly mean what you say you are a sad person.

Good Luck Rafa

Homs of Jeremy, you're missing the point.

Nobody is comparing Carras' charity to Rafa's donation. The relevant point is that Rafa is a manager of another club with no ties or responsibilities to LFC, Carra has. He chose to donate because he wanted to as he cares deeply for LFC and mostly its fans i.e. me and millions of others and unfortunately scrotums like you.

The man donates 96 grand to a worthy cause out of his own pocket and gets called a cunt. What a ridiculous, spiteful thing to say. Their's no agenda here, no "PR stunt", just a superb, generous donation by a man that has absolutely no need to do it, yet still gets called a "cunt". Shameful.

i was glad he went but now really want him back for this!

Inter should be any reds second team next year no matter what you thought of him prior to this.

Rafael Benitez, Xabi Alonso, Garcia and Reina! cant believe only one remains from that song now and none from the original

oh and to Cuntychops he didnt pluck it out of his arse perhaps he thought it was a suitable amount to put £1000 for each person killed, anyone who puts anything into such cause is an honourable person, even you if you cared to retract your disgraceful posts

Classless? The cunt is a millionaire and just earned a shitload of money.

If I donate £96 do I become a legend? Just because it has a 96. Thick cunts.

If I was a millionaire, I'd be donating a shit load more than that.

Got to be a manc on a wind up, just ignore him!

Sorry, I just hate Hillsborough or any Hillsborough related subject being used as ANY cheap jibe no matter how trivial and we would all agree on that one surely.

Haven't agreed with a lot of your posts the last year, but this is spot on.

Not going to waste my time wading through the rubbish some have obviously been contributing. It's been clear from the moment that Rafa arrived he's immersed himself in the culture and the communities in Merseyside.

Regardless of what has happened at the club this season, he's a legend in my eyes. Well done Rafa lad.

Ah see how is it possible to not feel sad that a man like this is no longer at the club.

Putting his working responsibilities aside he will always be a fan of LFC, thats obvious. And I'll always be fan of Rafa Benitez whoever his team is (within reason).

Why didn't he donate £500,000? Or £1,000,000?

It's a massive fucking PR stunt and that's what's sick.

Johnny, it isn't up to you to be going on about him being banned really or putting pressure one one of the mods or Dave to ban him. Llegovski came out with some smart arse remark about ART earlier, nobody batted an eyelid saying ''ART huh''.

He used Rafa's fantastic gesture as some kind of pointscoring stunt when some things go beyond mere football don't they. What he said in some ways was as bad as what HOJ has said but nobody even noticed.

I am 100 times more disappointed with JGs response than I am with that Manc/Bitter/Alt Account shithouse's comments.

Anyway, well in Rafa. You'll always be 'one of us'