You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AGENT: TORRES TO `CONTINUE` WITH REDS

navbasi

It's probably because I'm a cynical and miserable old goat, but none of these comments fill me with any confidence.

I agree, reading between the lines Im thinking maybe Stevie and Torres are watching to see what we do. If we dont invest I think they will consider going.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been fully confident that he'll be going nowhere until I saw that clip on SSN before. He was clearly dodging the issue, just like Gerrard was earlier in the week.

I fear that we are totally and utterly screwed but only time will tell.

I've been fully confident that he'll be going nowhere until I saw that clip on SSN before. He was clearly dodging the issue, just like Gerrard was earlier in the week.

I fear that we are totally and utterly screwed but only time will tell.

I don't know mate. You know how we all, as club supporters, get fucked off when players talk about their international chances and wanting to be fit for selection? I reckon Torres is wide to the fact that Spaniards don't want to hear him talking about Liverpool and that's why he said what he said.

That 'I did not read anything' and the little smile after filled me with a bit of hope though.

That rag the Daily Fail with more bolloxs. Although it mentions Broughton.

Fernando Torres should sign for Tottenham, says 'Liverpool fan' Charlotte Jackson | Mail Online

Sky Sports News babe Charlotte Jackson may be a Liverpool fan - but her views on Fernando Torres are unlikely to go down well at Anfield.

In an interview for the Mail On Sunday's Live magazine, the presenter admits even Tottenham Hotspur might be a better place for the Spain striker than on Merseyside.

Revealing a recent conversation with Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton, Jackson hardly got the feeling that Torres was untouchable as the club have been at pains to point out.

'I saw Martin Broughton at Chelsea's Player of the Year dinner, and he refused to tell me we weren't going to sell Torres, said the 30-year-old.

'He said: "We'll let him go to the World Cup. At the moment he's still on board, but it's going to take three years to turn the club around, and at his age..." If it's going to take three years to turn the club around, that's going to coincide with the peak of his career, and he'll want to be playing in Europe. So he should probably go and join Tottenham.'

Sportsmail have already revealed that Chelsea - the team Broughton supports - are lining up a £70million bid for Torres, while Manchester City's interest was all-but-scuppered by their failure to qualify for Champions League football.

He owes us another year.

This sounds like a fucking deluded geordie. Course I want him to stay but he owes us nothing. The sooner people get this ridiculous notion out of their heads, they'll begin to see there's more to life than players staying at one club.

Listen, you heard it here first, it'll take 3 to 4 years to turn the club around after the damage the current owners are inflicting on us.

There's not way Torres will be here by then. Tou can deffo add mascherano to the list and probably Gerrard.

That rag the Daily Fail with more bolloxs. Although it mentions Broughton.

Fernando Torres should sign for Tottenham, says 'Liverpool fan' Charlotte Jackson | Mail Online

Sky Sports News babe Charlotte Jackson may be a Liverpool fan - but her views on Fernando Torres are unlikely to go down well at Anfield.

In an interview for the Mail On Sunday's Live magazine, the presenter admits even Tottenham Hotspur might be a better place for the Spain striker than on Merseyside.

Revealing a recent conversation with Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton, Jackson hardly got the feeling that Torres was untouchable as the club have been at pains to point out.

'I saw Martin Broughton at Chelsea's Player of the Year dinner, and he refused to tell me we weren't going to sell Torres, said the 30-year-old.

'He said: "We'll let him go to the World Cup. At the moment he's still on board, but it's going to take three years to turn the club around, and at his age..." If it's going to take three years to turn the club around, that's going to coincide with the peak of his career, and he'll want to be playing in Europe. So he should probably go and join Tottenham.'

Sportsmail have already revealed that Chelsea - the team Broughton supports - are lining up a £70million bid for Torres, while Manchester City's interest was all-but-scuppered by their failure to qualify for Champions League football.

Now probably a crock of shit but if Broughton actually said that, it sounds like a 3 year plan to reduce the debt let the market pick up and then build the stadium, a very risky option.

Chelsea's Player of the Year dinner

Am I the only one who is totally pissed of that he went to that. It's fucking obvious where his loyalties lie and I reckon he'd be delighted to see Torres go there. Just another cunt on the fucking take at this dying club.

Fernando Torres at centre of Liverpool intrigue | Liverpool - Times Online

Martin Broughton, the Liverpool chairman, is reported to have said that it might be better for Fernando Torres to leave because it could take up to three years to sort the club out.

The comments were allegedly made to Charlotte Jackson, the Sky Sports News presenter, who disclosed details of a conversation she had with Broughton, a Chelsea supporter, at the West London club’s Player of the Year awards dinner at Stamford Bridge this month.

“I saw Martin Broughton at Chelsea’s Player of the Year dinner and he refused to tell me that we weren’t going to sell Torres,” Jackson said. “He said, ‘At the moment, he’s still on board, but it’s going to take three years to turn the club around, and at his age . . .’ ”

Sources at Liverpool insist that Broughton’s position on Torres’s future has been made abundantly clear by a series of on-the-record interviews in which the British Airways chairman was adamant that the 26-year-old forward will not be sold this summer.

But the fact that he is alleged to have suggested in a private conversation that the immediate future at Anfield is so bleak that it may be better for Torres to seek pastures new will increase concern among Liverpool supporters that the club’s prized asset could depart.

Torres has attempted to put all talk about his future on the back burner until after the World Cup, but is privately deeply concerned about the direction Liverpool are heading under the ownership of Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr. Although it remains highly unlikely that Manchester City, who have expressed an interest in signing the Spain forward, could tempt him from Anfield, Chelsea are also monitoring the situation and the chance to join the Barclays Premier League champions would give Torres food for thought.

When Liverpool played Chelsea at Anfield this month, Broughton decided it would be best, given his allegiances, if he did not attend the game, so the fact that he was at a dinner celebrating Chelsea’s season will not be of any great surprise. But the contents of a conversation he is said to have had at the event will cause a stir, particularly the suggestion that it could be three more years before Liverpool are able to get their house in order.

Pepe Reina has already revealed his belief that Liverpool will have to revise their targets for next season in the event of a buyer not being found to oust Hicks and Gillett, and the goalkeeper’s pessimistic view has been supported by Jamie Carragher, who believes that a lack of spending power in the transfer market makes any thoughts of a title challenge being made appear fanciful.

“Clubs like Real Madrid and Inter Milan can just throw £100 million at new players if they don’t win the title,” Carragher, the Liverpool defender, said. “But Liverpool can’t do that. We have to build. We can’t just raid the transfer market.

“Next season, rather than thinking too much about the title, we have to concentrate on getting back in the top four.”

Chelsea are expected to step up their efforts to sign Yossi Benayoun this week, confident that an offer in the region of £6 million could be enough to convince Liverpool to sell.

Benayoun has been unsettled for several months and had been keen on a move to Russia, with CSKA and Spartak Moscow believed to be interested in acquiring the Israel midfield player.

But Carlo Ancelotti, the Chelsea manager, has jumped to the front of the queue for Benayoun and is hopeful of signing him before the World Cup.

Rangers have informed Liverpool that they will have to increase their initial £2 million offer for Danny Wilson if they want to sign the 18-year-old central defender. “We are currently waiting to hear back from Liverpool after we rejected their original offer,” Walter Smith, the Rangers manager, said.

[quote name=StevieH;2281534“Next season' date=' rather than thinking too much about the title, we have to concentrate on getting back in the top four.”

[/quote]

Fuck that.

We should be looking to challenge for the title.

I've just re-read the Times article again.

Should the Chairman of Liverpool Football Club be at a Chelsea Player of the Year Awards Ceremony?

Don't really think it's an issue. He's a chairman in name only. His sole purpose is to sell the club and then he's gone. He's not hiding the fact he's a Chelsea fan. Much more of an issue if he is telling journos that it would be better for Torres to leave.

Chelsea's Player of the Year dinner

Am I the only one who is totally pissed of that he went to that. It's fucking obvious where his loyalties lie and I reckon he'd be delighted to see Torres go there. Just another cunt on the fucking take at this dying club.

Ive been pissed off about his appointment from the start