You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The £16m pay off to Benitez.

JohnnyH

I heard he wants the 16m in used 5'ers without consecutive serial numbers.

:laugh:

As for Rafa going, the only 'concrete' mentioning I've seen on the matter is that he is not resigning. I.e., they'll have to fire him.

Who knows, maybe Rafa's view is that it's payback time for those two cunts for the stunt they pulled on him last summer.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that belongs in exactly the same place as Simon's theory Hitman.

Was it Simon that suggested it, if so go Simon.

As a few people have suggested if the owners thought Rafa was doing such a poor job it is almost selfdefeating to keep him as he is the man in charge of running their "eight hundred million pound business"

Guest PurpleNose
They can't afford to sack me you handwashing freak.[/quoteIT]

steven_gerrard_1518693c.jpg

Rafa-Benitez-pointing.jpg

You can get fucked as well.[/quoteIT]

6a00d83451586c69e20120a5c2bd68970c-400wi

You've found the money you say?[/quoteIT]

benitez595getty.jpg

More pertinently, our experience with Hpoullier and now Benitez does suggest we give our managers too much leeway and make them bomb-proof. Showing loyalty is one (and highly commendable) thing, but making a manager unsackable for non-footballing reasons is another.

The manager would not be unsackable if the club was run professionally as the club could afford the even this clause, and to begin with the clause would not be like it is rumored to be.

Equally, the manager would not need a clause like that if the club was run professionally, as there would be more trust. There would, even if the club was run professionally, be a golden parachute. Zola apparently should get about 3m, what do you think guys like Mourinho would get?

Ballague did an article a couple or so months ago saying that another team could buy Rafa out of his contract for £10m.

At the time and in all fairness i still do think that was an advertisment by Ballague on behalf of Rafa to let other teams know what the price at the time was to get hold of him.

Personally i think the club will come to some agreement with Rafa and the manager will leave to possibly become the AC Milan manager.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the club pay Rafa something in the region of £4m and AC Milan to pay likewise as a signing on fee.

Personally i think the club will come to some agreement with Rafa and the manager will leave to possibly become the AC Milan manager.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the club pay Rafa something in the region of £4m and AC Milan to pay likewise as a signing on fee.

Here's a man that speaks wise words. Many meetings with Broughton, Leonardo out, Sacchi connection, a team needing rebuilding. All we need is the ugly evil fascist dwarf to loosen the purse strings...

Ballague did an article a couple or so months ago saying that another team could buy Rafa out of his contract for £10m.

At the time and in all fairness i still do think that was an advertisment by Ballague on behalf of Rafa to let other teams know what the price at the time was to get hold of him.

There's no way a club will pay a "transfer fee" for Rafa at the moment when it could be very likely that he gets sacked by the current owners, or the club gets bought and new owners bring a new manager in. It'd be a waste of money when you could wait a few weeks or a year and he'll be a free agent.

There's no way a club will pay a "transfer fee" for Rafa at the moment when it could be very likely that he gets sacked by the current owners, or the club gets bought and new owners bring a new manager in. It'd be a waste of money when you could wait a few weeks or a year and he'll be a free agent.

What you need to remember is that Rafa is still hugely respected in the European game and is seen as one of the top managers out there. In Europe Liverpool Football Club is seen as a basket case that God himself couldn't make challenge and while a lot of Liverpool fans have a go at Rafa for the 86 points the season before last, it is seen as an achievement by a lot of fans in Italy that he was able to take our Soap-opera club to so close to the title. And of course, the 2 champiuons League finals, the semi-finals and his success with Valencia is also seen as proof of a very good manager. The season just gone outside of England is seen as a blip in another wise impressive career. Real fans voited himn as the man they want most to take over, and I bet you if Inter and AC Milan had a fans vote that Rafa would feature in the top 1 or 2 of that also. Why do you think Juve fought for 4 months to get him? And you can be damn sure the Milan clubs will have already contacted Rafas agent.

What you need to remember is that Rafa is still hugely respected in the European game and is seen as one of the top managers out there. In Europe Liverpool Football Club is seen as a basket case that God himself couldn't make challenge and while a lot of Liverpool fans have a go at Rafa for the 86 points the season before last, it is seen as an achievement by a lot of fans in Italy that he was able to take our Soap-opera club to so close to the title. And of course, the 2 champiuons League finals, the semi-finals and his success with Valencia is also seen as proof of a very good manager. The season just gone outside of England is seen as a blip in another wise impressive career. Real fans voited himn as the man they want most to take over, and I bet you if Inter and AC Milan had a fans vote that Rafa would feature in the top 1 or 2 of that also. Why do you think Juve fought for 4 months to get him? And you can be damn sure the Milan clubs will have already contacted Rafas agent.

there is a hell of a lot wrong in there and i'm not even going to attempt to decipher it.

there is a hell of a lot wrong in there and i'm not even going to attempt to decipher it.

My main, and pretty much only point, is that Benitez is still hugely respected in Europe and teams will want him as their manager and would be willing to pay.

You disagree with that?