You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (COD 7)

Yozzer

Pretty much Pete, I haven't been on in what seems like ages. I must give it another go, as I threatened to trade it but never did. No point in keeping it if I'm not gonna play it, mind.

Its not MW2 but because I changed my PS User name Ive lost all my guns on mw2 and cant be asked to start again.

I'm doing the usual and trying to Prestige all the way up.

I think I'm on Prestige 5.

Looking forward to the DLC as mapathy kicks in real quick.

It's never perfect but it's tolerable, usually only problems when everyone's hammering the network in the busy evening hours. I've got a must faster connection now and get chosen as the host a lot.

It's never perfect but it's tolerable, usually only problems when everyone's hammering the network in the busy evening hours. I've got a must faster connection now and get chosen as the host a lot.

I find when in host the game freezes. And I have to unplug the ps3 to re start it. Which isn't healthy for it.

I still can't get online with this or with MW2.

It takes ages to look for a game I can join but never gets anywhere. What the fuck is going on?

I've changed my settings from default to locale and back again, and it's made no difference at all.

I still can't get online with this or with MW2.

It takes ages to look for a game I can join but never gets anywhere. What the fuck is going on?

I've changed my settings from default to locale and back again, and it's made no difference at all.

Ted, what is your NAT type on it? If it is strict or moderate, that may be the problem.

Is it only those two games you're having problems with online?

Ted, what is your NAT type on it? If it is strict or moderate, that may be the problem.

Is it only those two games you're having problems with online?

How do I find my NAT?

And yeah mate; everything else is working perfectly online.

How do I find my NAT?

And yeah mate; everything else is working perfectly online.

On the PS3 it is on the left hand side of the main online menu on MW2, cannot remember where it is on Black Ops. You will either have strict, moderate or open. Mine was moderate at first and I had to mess about to get my NAT type to open. When my NAT type wasn't open I had no problems with any games other than FIFA and MW2.

I'm on PS3, never even been on an Xbox. On the PS3 you can do an internet connection test to check your NAT type. Maybe you can do the same on Xbox? I googled your problem and the NAT type seemed to be the recurring problem for people. On some forums people were saying there are videos on Youtube to help. Then again, it may not be this and could be something completely different.

Reading rumours suggesting that Activision are considering pulling the plug on the Black Ops servers for PSN.

According to one forum, an independent Canadian journalist wrote to Activision to inform them of his displeasure regarding the ongoing connectivity issues. The response he got was as follows:

Well I have nothing else to offer and I too follow forums and have many friends who play and enjoy the game for all of its features. As an avid gamer, I would also disagree with any legalities involving a single aspect of a game as online experience may change at any time. The publishers have the right to shut down the servers for their game at any time as well which based on the number of reported posts from users may be a viable solution over the free PSN.

In any event, if you would like to send your game disc into us, we can either;

a) Exchange for a sealed (unopened) copy of the game that you can take back to the retailer

b) Swap for another platform

c) Exchange for another Activision title of equal or lesser value.

These are the options that we are able to offer to you as a one time courtesy.

Let us know how you would like to proceed.

Now, there is no official line from anyone as yet, and the reply above is open to interpretation, but if they were to do this, they'd be committing sales suicide in my eyes. No PS3 owner would touch another Activision product, on any platform.

If you're interested, you can follow the Canadian journo who wrote the initial letter of complaint, either on Twitter, @jkoblovsky, or via his blog, Jason Koblovsky.