You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sick of being Fat

Fowlers God

4 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Not easy as you get older is it mate,  I do less and less work now but have cut out all the crap in my diet and walk a lot when my back and head permits.

No it isn't mate. I need to walk more as I love it,but sweat like a bastard from even short ones. The reason I like the gym is that I can sweat like fuck and not give a shit.

How is your weight VD?

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

No it isn't mate. I need to walk more as I love it,but sweat like a bastard from even short ones. The reason I like the gym is that I can sweat like fuck and not give a shit.

How is your weight VD?

At one point when I was working I was 16 stone always solid like but eating shite. I dropped to 14 1/2 and got diagnosed with diabetes I’m now 13 1/2, went down to 13 and looked ill. 

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

At one point when I was working I was 16 stone always solid like but eating shite. I dropped to 14 1/2 and got diagnosed with diabetes I’m now 13 1/2, went down to 13 and looked ill. 

Some people don't suit thin. I lost a load and people thought I was dying. Now if I go online I'm probably clinically obese 14+st 6ft but 34 '' jeans (with a bit of an overhang). My drive is lifting. 2x body weight on deads and squats not there yet on squats but well over on deads. Pressing is weak but still 1.5 body weight. 

Little gains on a monthly basis keep at it. My mate is a pro Scot rugby strength and conditioning coach. Works with the Scot team and he says that it does not matter how much you move forward by as long as you are moving. Diet and movement is the key.

1 minute ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Some people don't suit thin. I lost a load and people thought I was dying. Now if I go online I'm probably clinically obese 14+st 6ft but 34 '' jeans (with a bit of an overhang). My drive is lifting. 2x body weight on deads and squats not there yet on squats but well over on deads. Pressing is weak but still 1.5 body weight. 

Little gains on a monthly basis keep at it. My mate is a pro Scot rugby strength and conditioning coach. Works with the Scot team and he says that it does not matter how much you move forward by as long as you are moving. Diet and movement is the key.

They say as you get older if you don’t use it you’ll lose it but you need to use it to lose it. But then they me@n the ability to use it. Mixed messages.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

They say as you get older if you don’t use it you’ll lose it but you need to use it to lose it. But then they me@n the ability to use it. Mixed messages.

My old man was the fittest old bloke i ever met. Was a Postie for 40 odd years. Before vans. he had a bike. Used to do a round in Crosby 5 mile round trip on the bike then 2 deliveries of god knows how many miles. At 4am. Retired watched telly and drank was dead in 5 years. As a lazy fat drunk. 

2 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

My old man was the fittest old bloke i ever met. Was a Postie for 40 odd years. Before vans. he had a bike. Used to do a round in Crosby 5 mile round trip on the bike then 2 deliveries of god knows how many miles. At 4am. Retired watched telly and drank was dead in 5 years. As a lazy fat drunk. 

Sad that. Happens to a lot of men though.

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Sad that. Happens to a lot of men though.

I go the gym at the crack of dawn and it is called the retirement club. Full of old fellas and decent radio. Some of these guys are late 70's with kidney transplants, pacemakers etc and are still banging it out. I have family in their 40's who could not live with them. The most exercise they get is walking to the car.

It is quite simple if hard. Move more only eat when you are hungry. If it walks, swims, grows or flys it is OK if it is in a packet don't.

Dont drive if it is just a mile, walk.

20 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I go the gym at the crack of dawn and it is called the retirement club. Full of old fellas and decent radio. Some of these guys are late 70's with kidney transplants, pacemakers etc and are still banging it out. I have family in their 40's who could not live with them. The most exercise they get is walking to the car.

It is quite simple if hard. Move more only eat when you are hungry. If it walks, swims, grows or flys it is OK if it is in a packet don't.

Dont drive if it is just a mile, walk.

I know quite a few people who drive every where even short distances who are fucked up before their time. Living near to a park, driving there and just let their dogs run.

33 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

. I’m an arl arse in my late 60s and I am shit scared of having a fall and breaking my hip. So many old people go into hospital for that injury and die from complications. The only answer for me is plenty of walking and strength training at gym- lots of compound exercises.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

. I’m an arl arse in my late 60s and I am shit scared of having a fall and breaking my hip. So many old people go into hospital for that injury and die from complications. The only answer for me is plenty of walking and strength training at gym- lots of compound exercises.

Compound exercises are the key. Great post. No bicep curls. Pick up and move about heavy stuff. Squat, deads and press. No need for a personal trainer.

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Just seen this, was that a dig you dirty git. Life experience is not a reason for criticism.

You can fight Gnasher next time you're in Wales. 

You can fight me next time you're in the Netherlands

You can fight Fuge in Scotland if you are ever smart enough to work out he's in Scotland. 

You can fight Turdseye anywhere. 

Sure there's more takers on here for a fat bullshitting racist twat. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

You can fight Gnasher next time you're in Wales. 

You can fight me next time you're in the Netherlands

You can fight Fuge in Scotland if you are ever smart enough to work out he's in Scotland. 

You can fight Turdseye anywhere. 

Sure there's more takers on here for a fat bullshitting racist twat. 

Be in Amsterdam next month as it happens. Catching the Ajax game on the Sunday I think then home so no time unfortunately.