You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dougie, ATK and Moores 17/01/10

Dougie Do'ins

If DIC had bought the club then Abu Dhabi may well have said to Sheikh Maktoum 'give us Liverpool FC and we will lend you £10 billion'.

Far fetched but just as far fetched as the Torres point.

Not sure if anyone has seen SSN today showing Sheikh Maktoum in his new £2 billion horse racing venue that he has just opened.

Wish our owners were as skint as that.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's it coop, cheer us up.

No problem mate.

Jim is right in that who knows what would have happened had DIC bought us but like it was also stated they have an history of buying a company, improving it then selling for a profit.

This may well have been the case with Liverpool and DIC were looking for investors to come in with them alongside Zabeel Investments who were purchasing 25% of the club.

Im pretty confident the stadium would be near completion under DIC but just like what i expect to happen under Gillett and Hicks we will no doubt have been sold on again for a profit.

No problem mate.

Jim is right in that who knows what would have happened had DIC bought us but like it was also stated they have an history of buying a company, improving it then selling for a profit.

This may well have been the case with Liverpool and DIC were looking for investors to come in with them alongside Zabeel Investments who were purchasing 25% of the club.

Im pretty confident the stadium would be near completion under DIC but just like what i expect to happen under Gillett and Hicks we will no doubt have been sold on again for a profit.

Agreed, but they're wouldn't have been any scrimping on the design of the stadium, and the devaluing the club to get to that point, either.

Guest davelfc

The two lads (atk and Dougie) deserve the thanks and appreciation of all reds for their efforts on this. No matter where it leads, these two have got off their arses and done something.

Well done lads.

I'm getting bored saying this, but well done again lads. Happily bored that is. The work you both are doing is superb and we should all be gratefull, regardless of the outcome.

And Diego - give it a rest. We get it that you don't like them. But IF you are a Liverpool fan, then you can see this is for the greater good. So shut the fuck up.

If DIC had bought the club then Abu Dhabi may well have said to Sheikh Maktoum 'give us Liverpool FC and we will lend you £10 billion'.

Far fetched but just as far fetched as the Torres point.

Not sure if anyone has seen SSN today showing Sheikh Maktoum in his new £2 billion horse racing venue that he has just opened.

Wish our owners were as skint as that.

he's also planning a new multi million pound hotel,so much for him being hit by the credit crunch:wallbutt:just think if he had taken over us this would probably would been our last season at anfield:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest The Chimp
We have been working on something for a few weeks now, Were about 10 days away from what our aim has always been. If we get were we want or dont we will throw all the information on this thread.

I honestly thought the SOS stuff (DLC) might have had something to do with Freddie Boswell (especially given the time-frame from Al above). I know it wasn't and that I was wrong, but because I've had this thread in mind over the past few days I was wondering if there's any news on how things have been going that either Mick or Al are able to let on about?

Guest simon

Some people are now saying its something to do with david moore's legally challenging the americans takeover after all the lies they told. Was posted by someone on the DLC thread when we were trying to guess what it was could this not be looked into.

Typical Moores.

I knew he'd shit out.

I've got to agree with Walton. He's either shitting out or he's being too timid... again.

Anything he says at the end of the season won't even register because the media will be too busy stroking Rooney's cock in preparation for the World Cup.

I think he actually is, which is terrifying.

Simon, if the shop that you bought that suit from said "We want that suit back because you said that you weren't going to wear it to job interviews", what would you say?

Not sure how that is relevant..

I think the angle he is coming from is whether Moores can challenge the contract that was signed with the Yanks in regard to making certain promises which they have never kept which would/could make the contract null and void... Obviously, to do that, you would have to be forward thinking and not some sort of greedy bastard who bit the hand off that offered him the most.

I've got to agree with Walton. He's either shitting out or he's being too timid... again.

Anything he says at the end of the season won't even register because the media will be too busy stroking Rooney's cock in preparation for the World Cup.

He's shitting out Lance lets call it what it is.

He's met them with his little bum boy Parry and thought that'll buy me some time.

Why wait till the end of the season?!

Granted if we were flying i'd say wait, dont rock the boat but this season is a write off so do it now Mr.Moores.

Wait till the summer, it'll get buried and so will we shortly after.

Not sure how that is relevant..

I think the angle he is coming from is whether Moores can challenge the contract that was signed with the Yanks in regard to making certain promises which they have never kept which would/could make the contract null and void... Obviously, to do that, you would have to be forward thinking and not some sort of greedy bastard who bit the hand off that offered him the most.

That's assuming that there was some kind of conditional contract signed in the first place, which given that Moores and Parry would have dealt with it, is pretty unlikely.