You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your opinion on a Liverpool/Everton Groundshare

ritchie

Would you support a groundshare?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support a groundshare?

• Yes - It make's sense for the both clubs and the city under the circumstances
    • Maybe - If we can't afford the stadium otherwise
    • No - Under no circumstances whatsoever and wouldn't set foot in the place
    • No but i'd still go and support Liverpool in it

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shared stadium will probably mean they can get a new stadium for around £100m - possibly even less. Why would they want to sell the club if that is the case? A very manageable debt and millions of profit year after year for the next 20/30 years.

What's the point in keeping a club that you purchased at the top, and slowly sold off bits and pieces of it, as it dropped to the bottom?

They can still make a profit if they sell now. They are unlikely to make big profits with a groundshare.

Totally unacceptable. It would be a total erosion of our history and identity. Would the BS accept having to walk through the Shankly Gates, or having a statue of Shanks looking down on them? No they wouldn't, and they won't be a feature of a potential shared stadium because of this. Hell, given the BS penchant for dousing blue paint over the Hillsborough memorial, I doubt we could even include such a sacred feature as part of a shared stadium.

And those are just a few reasons, there's so many things that I would oppose when it comes to this disgraceful idea of sharing a home with the BS.

Given the shitty situation of both clubs, I'm sure it will now go ahead. Oh, thanks DM, Parry, yankee cunts etc. for landing us in it!

What's the point in keeping a club that you purchased at the top, and slowly sold off bits and pieces of it, as it dropped to the bottom?

They can still make a profit if they sell now. They are unlikely to make big profits with a groundshare.

Too many of us are assuming that they have to "sell" to make a profit. Which might be true if they build a new stadium or if you take the situation as it is now.

But, in my opinion, a shared stadium will bail them out hugely. They won't have to find more than £100m for the shared stadium and I think they could easily manage this. Of course, we will have to have CL football to sustain the debts but once the shared stadium is build, that danger will somewhat be reduced as the new stadium will bring the cash required and if we continue to be in the mix for CL football, the cunts will start to rake the serious cash in. The club may not so valuable with a shared stadium but instead of making their profit in one go, they will make it in a few years.

Just my take on it.

here's my 'conspiracy theory' on why i think a ground is on the agenda big time and why i think it will happen.

1) both clubs are fucked financially and in private both clubs want to share

2)the bullens road is to be 'closed for good' due to health & safety regs that come into operation in 2/3 years time.

3)knowing that this is the case,everton will have to play elsewhere and will then share/rent anfield for a season or two.this will 'acidentally' prepare supporters to get used to the idea of sharing a ground.

4)both clubs will then say 'see? its not that bad!' and build a joint stadium

this could be complete bullshit or truth? but i honestly wouldnt be surprised if this will be the outcome of a quite possible hidden agenda.

*i must confess though,i also believe man has never walked on the moon!

here's my 'conspiracy theory' on why i think a ground is on the agenda big time and why i think it will happen.

1) both clubs are fucked financially and in private both clubs want to share

2)the bullens road is to be 'closed for good' due to health & safety regs that come into operation in 2/3 years time.

3)knowing that this is the case,everton will have to play elsewhere and will then share/rent anfield for a season or two.this will 'acidentally' prepare supporters to get used to the idea of sharing a ground.

4)both clubs will then say 'see? its not that bad!' and build a joint stadium

this could be complete bullshit or truth? but i honestly wouldnt be surprised if this will be the outcome of a quite possible hidden agenda.

*i must confess though,i also believe man has never walked on the moon!

That's some top quality tinfoil hat stuff there. Very good.

A shared stadium would only work if it was devoid of any identity whatsoever, no red or blue seats, no club badges, just a totally soulless lump of steel and concrete in a local park. No shankly gates, no Dixie Dean statue, no Hillsborough memorial. No Kop.

After 5 years the enjoyment of going the match (for both teams) will be zero, the stadium will be negative, soulless stain on the horizon and that will be a big bulky expensive turd to flush.

So no, not for me. Would rather stay at Anfield.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6934240.ece

The standard line, the one that is trotted out every time the vexed issue of a groundshare between Everton and Liverpool is raised, is that if it is good enough for Milan — or Munich or Rome, for that matter — it is good enough for Merseyside.

In theory, that is right. In theory, a shared stadium is the perfect business model — a no-brainer, as they say, — particularly in such a challenging economic climate, not least in a city such as Liverpool, where two great clubs encounter frustration and resistance at every turn in their separate attempts to find and build a new home.

The barely mentioned truth, though, is that a groundshare is not good enough for Milan. If it were, Inter Milan would not have commissioned feasibility studies about moving to a new stadium of their own, having fallen out of love with the San Siro, which they have shared with AC Milan since 1947.

According to Comperio, the company approached by Inter to conduct the studies, sharing a stadium “inhibits the revenue that can be generated by Inter developing premium corporate facilities” and “a new stadium would give Inter sole control over the design and management of the facilities, including the option of creating bespoke seating products tailored to the club’s supporters”. Nor, it seems, is groundsharing good enough for Rome, where Roma, after years of cohabiting with Lazio, have announced plans to leave the Stadio Olimpico for a new ground which, although smaller, will have greater revenue potential.

What’s that you say? Turin? The Stadio Delle Alpi, previously home to Juventus and Torino, has lain derelict for three years and is in the process of being demolished. Both sets of supporters despised the place, in part due to its out-of-town location and in part, of course, because it never truly felt like home to either club.

One lesson here — one that any architect designing a new stadium should bear in mind — is that the venues built and renovated for the 1990 World Cup finals in Italy, to huge acclaim across the world, have not dated well. Another is that, while sharing a ground may appear to make perfect business sense, football is one industry where it can be perilous to make cold-hearted business decisions and ignore the emotional aspect.

In Germany, Bayern Munich and Munich 1860 are co-existing happily enough for now in the wonderful Allianz Arena, which is lit up in different colours according to which team is playing at home. All parties know, though, that Bayern are the senior partner and 1860 the poor relations. If Everton, having run out of options, were forced to go cap in hand to Liverpool, the same unappealing scenario might very easily apply.

Experience of Milan and Turin show that groundsharing lacks appeal in Europe | Premier League - Times Online

The standard line, the one that is trotted out every time the vexed issue of a groundshare between Everton and Liverpool is raised, is that if it is good enough for Milan — or Munich or Rome, for that matter — it is good enough for Merseyside.

In theory, that is right. In theory, a shared stadium is the perfect business model — a no-brainer, as they say, — particularly in such a challenging economic climate, not least in a city such as Liverpool, where two great clubs encounter frustration and resistance at every turn in their separate attempts to find and build a new home.

The barely mentioned truth, though, is that a groundshare is not good enough for Milan. If it were, Inter Milan would not have commissioned feasibility studies about moving to a new stadium of their own, having fallen out of love with the San Siro, which they have shared with AC Milan since 1947.

According to Comperio, the company approached by Inter to conduct the studies, sharing a stadium “inhibits the revenue that can be generated by Inter developing premium corporate facilities” and “a new stadium would give Inter sole control over the design and management of the facilities, including the option of creating bespoke seating products tailored to the club’s supporters”. Nor, it seems, is groundsharing good enough for Rome, where Roma, after years of cohabiting with Lazio, have announced plans to leave the Stadio Olimpico for a new ground which, although smaller, will have greater revenue potential.

What’s that you say? Turin? The Stadio Delle Alpi, previously home to Juventus and Torino, has lain derelict for three years and is in the process of being demolished. Both sets of supporters despised the place, in part due to its out-of-town location and in part, of course, because it never truly felt like home to either club.

One lesson here — one that any architect designing a new stadium should bear in mind — is that the venues built and renovated for the 1990 World Cup finals in Italy, to huge acclaim across the world, have not dated well. Another is that, while sharing a ground may appear to make perfect business sense, football is one industry where it can be perilous to make cold-hearted business decisions and ignore the emotional aspect.

In Germany, Bayern Munich and Munich 1860 are co-existing happily enough for now in the wonderful Allianz Arena, which is lit up in different colours according to which team is playing at home. All parties know, though, that Bayern are the senior partner and 1860 the poor relations. If Everton, having run out of options, were forced to go cap in hand to Liverpool, the same unappealing scenario might very easily apply.

Some inaccuracies, it's Lazio who originally looked for the move and they have a design ready and waiting to go called the Stadio Delle Aquile.

1238074920437_4.jpg

The Stadio Del Alpi is not getting demolished it's getting completely gutted renovated and made much smaller with the stands closer to the pitch.

juventus_arena02.jpg

Please let this be true.

Liverpool will NEVER agree to Everton ground-share proposal

Exclusive By Simon Mullock

Liverpool have rejected the chance to share a super-stadium with Everton.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett will not accept a proposal from Blues chief executive Robert Elstone that the Merseyside rivals should ground share.

A senior Anfield source said: “There is absolutely no chance that Liverpool will be sharing a stadium with Everton. It will never happen.”

Elstone called on Liverpool to go to the negotiating table after the government refused to grant permission for Everton to build a £400million new stadium and retail park in Kirkby.

Liverpool have had plans rubber-stamped for a 60,000-capacity stadium at Stanley Park.

But the project had to be shelved when the economic downturn made it impossible for them to finance the development.

However, the club’s American owners are confident that they will secure the £350m they need for the stadium once the pressure on the financial markets has eased.

And they expect to raise about £150m of the cash through stadium naming rights.

The gap in capacity between the Mersey giants and the likes of Manchester United and Arsenal has led to a gulf in revenue that shows no sign of changing.

And stadium ownership is one of the main assets football clubs can use on their balance sheet.

Liverpool will NEVER agree to Everton ground-share proposal - Exclusive - MirrorFootball.co.uk