You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Government Spending Cuts

Section_31

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think public authorities sometimes carry out this sort of stupidity on purpose. They choose cuts which they know will have people up in arms rather than cut the unnecessary waste and tackle some of the difficult underlying problems they're responsible for. It's the best way to protect their overall budgets.

I think public authorities sometimes carry out this sort of stupidity on purpose. They choose cuts which they know will have people up in arms rather than cut the unnecessary waste and tackle some of the difficult underlying problems they're responsible for. It's the best way to protect their overall budgets.

Good point that actually. There must be loads of shit the police could fuck off before they even get to new recruits, PCSOs for one, or at least the ones they fund (many are part-funded by the likes of Morrisons and shit).

Liverpool Lad, thats a woeful idea.

The Govt wastes far more money than people who claim benefits. Dont believe the lies and propaganda.

dosser scum.

Yes the govt waste money but so do these cunts. Sitting on their arse with an ingrowing toe nail claiming it is a disability.

Fucking benefits.

i fucking hate benefits. If you have a genuine disability, then fine. Otherwise get ta fuck with working you cunts.

Lazy fucking cunts.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue laying off 100 firefighters because they've had their budget cut by £5m, just had a message off a mate too who was in the middle of applying to the Greater Manchester Police, and they've suspended the entire intake. So it begins eh?

Not just Merseyside mate, cuts in the Fire Service are happening all over the country, warwickshire have just decided to close 1 in 3 fire stations and most have had massive budgets cuts year on year for the last 6-7 years and still the Audit Commission push for more. Firefighter jobs aren't being filled and most brigades have a freeze on recruitment.

There are serious issues in the fire service at the moment and there are a large number of brigades around the country looking at industrial action. Most of the senior management are puppets of local and national government looking for the next promotion and most members of the Fire Authorities do exactly what their masters tell them.

I am not against modernisation but the way we are being cut right across the country is shocking at a time when firefighter deaths are the highest they have been in 30 years.

I just wonder sometimes why, that when they talk about frontline services we are never mentioned.

But i feel for all public servants (and private sector workers) at the moment, yes there are a lot of arseholes who take the piss but most are decent hard working people trying to do their best whilst having their working conditions constantly eroded.

Not just Merseyside mate, cuts in the Fire Service are happening all over the country, warwickshire have just decided to close 1 in 3 fire stations and most have had massive budgets cuts year on year for the last 6-7 years and still the Audit Commission push for more. Firefighter jobs aren't being filled and most brigades have a freeze on recruitment.

There are serious issues in the fire service at the moment and there are a large number of brigades around the country looking at industrial action. Most of the senior management are puppets of local and national government looking for the next promotion and most members of the Fire Authorities do exactly what their masters tell them.

I am not against modernisation but the way we are being cut right across the country is shocking at a time when firefighter deaths are the highest they have been in 30 years.

I just wonder sometimes why, that when they talk about frontline services we are never mentioned.

But i feel for all public servants (and private sector workers) at the moment, yes there are a lot of arseholes who take the piss but most are decent hard working people trying to do their best whilst having their working conditions constantly eroded.

come off it. Fire fighters play pool on average 18 hours a day for 363 days a year.

I'll take that as a wind up, unless your another one who believes Londons Burning is real or everything they read in the press.

I have two mates in the fire brigade who who signed up for strike action a couple of years ago.

The main reason they signed up was for the pool table.

I live in a big city, don't think i have ever seen a fire for 15 years.

same as the bloody posties, fucking striking for 30K a year. A monkey could do it.

I have two mates in the fire brigade who who signed up for strike action a couple of years ago.

same as the bloody posties, fucking striking for 30K a year. A monkey could do it.

:sleep:

dosser scum.

Yes the govt waste money but so do these cunts. Sitting on their arse with an ingrowing toe nail claiming it is a disability.

Fucking benefits.

i fucking hate benefits. If you have a genuine disability, then fine. Otherwise get ta fuck with working you cunts.

Lazy fucking cunts.

And which jobs would these be then smartarse?

dosser scum.

Fucking benefits.

Lazy fucking cunts.

You "hate" benefits? What exactly would you propose to replace them? The workhouse? Starvation?

I've been forced to claim Incapacity Benefit this month. I haven't actually received anything yet, but I'm sure whatever I do get won't be enough to afford me a six bedroom detached house with a 42 inch plasma TV in every room. I can't describe how utterly shit it is to be in this position, and I'd give both my legs to be able to go back to work instead of sitting on my arse on here all day.

I stopped reading there.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue laying off 100 firefighters because they've had their budget cut by £5m, just had a message off a mate too who was in the middle of applying to the Greater Manchester Police, and they've suspended the entire intake. So it begins eh?

It fucking sucks. We voted against it - we're the single biggest party on the Merseyside Fire Authority - but the Tories give their support to Labour and they run it in coalition. It's a similar story on the Police Authority and Merseytravel. As a reward, the Tories get a load of juicy committe roles and the like.

Still, I'm sure these job cuts won't stop Labour and the Tories voting Tony McGuirk a big fat payrise - again. And just to add insult to injury, Liverpool's Lib Dem council inevitably carries the can for something its opponents are responsible for, because people have NFI how local government works and they don;t understand that fire, police and travel function at the county level.

yes I'm bitter

Guest Numero Veinticinco
dosser scum.

Fucking benefits.

Lazy fucking cunts.

You Daily Mail reading twat. I'd neg you twice if I could.

It fucking sucks. We voted against it - we're the single biggest party on the Merseyside Fire Authority - but the Tories give their support to Labour and they run it in coalition. It's a similar story on the Police Authority and Merseytravel. As a reward, the Tories get a load of juicy committe roles and the like.

Still, I'm sure these job cuts won't stop Labour and the Tories voting Tony McGuirk a big fat payrise - again. And just to add insult to injury, Liverpool's Lib Dem council inevitably carries the can for something its opponents are responsible for, because people have NFI how local government works and they don;t understand that fire, police and travel function at the county level.

yes I'm bitter

It's no secret mate that Labour and Conservative vote together on the Authority to stop the Lib Dems putting through their ideas, it fucking stinks.

McGuirk and his cronies get their payrises by forcing through these cuts. They got rid of a couple of senior officer posts a few years back (to save money) and divided the wage between them (allegedly). The deputy Chief Fire Officer gets paid more than some CFO's, madness.

Liverpool Lad, thats a woeful idea.

The Govt wastes far more money than people who claim benefits. Dont believe the lies and propaganda.

Woeful in what way? Without looking for an arguement, I know of a few people who have never worked a day in their lives and have no intention to, surely there is some sort of community service they could do.