You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant off to Zaragoza

Baldi

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to him, never a favourite but before that injury in 07/08 looked like becoming a good player but when he came back we changed formation, to his credit he did well in his few games this year too, wont be remembered very long but his performances every time we played Chelsea and in Athens were terrific

Credit to him and his advisors on managing to fool another team. Arsenal, Leeds,Liverpool, (almost) Madrid and now Zaragoza, they've certainly earned their pay and we'd do well to hire them, they'd be a massive upgrade on Parrys laughable negotation tactics.

Madrid deal fell through in January due to his wage demands!

Best thing for him really, he'd get nowhere near their side in the new season.

"I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe, but joined Real Zaragoza," [/quoteIT]

I like Pennant's comment, he should really keep his mouth shut sometimes! Not a good way to adhere yourself to your new team's supporters.

Best thing for him really, he'd get nowhere near their side in the new season.

"I wanted to come to Spain and I had offers from important teams in Europe, but joined Real Zaragoza," [/quoteIT]

I like Pennant's comment, he should really keep his mouth shut sometimes! Not a good way to adhere yourself to your new team's supporters.

But that isn't a wise thing to do anyway.

Don't think he had the right attitude! No sad loss, infact I would say that we wasted £6m and some salary on him.

What is it with Rafa, that he believes he can straighten out bad boys like Bellamy and Pennant? Given the chance, I half feel that he would have enjoyed the challenge of Lee Boyer and Robbie Savage!! :whistle:

Don't think he had the right attitude! No sad loss, infact I would say that we wasted £6m and some salary on him.

What is it with Rafa, that he believes he can straighten out bad boys like Bellamy and Pennant? Given the chance, I half feel that he would have enjoyed the challenge of Lee Boyer and Robbie Savage!! :whistle:

Now I know why your in negative rep!

Rafa probably saw that those players you've mentioned are skilful but for one reason or another it didn't work out at their respective clubs and gave them a chance. Turns out their behaviour and level of professionalism was so intrenched there was no hope of Rafa changing it. Those players have screwed up at every big club they've gone to they've got no one to blame but themselves.

He's too much of an idiot to make any success of that move.

I wish he'd fucked off when we could have gotten a fee for him. At least we're not paying his wages any longer though.

A real shame we didn't have a few million extra to go for Alves or Simao at the time.

He was an expensive mistake, given that we didn't recoup anything for him.

I almost regret my JP LFC LeGEND 4eva tattoo.

He's too much of an idiot to make any success of that move.

I wish he'd fucked off when we could have gotten a fee for him. At least we're not paying his wages any longer though.

A real shame we didn't have a few million extra to go for Alves or Simao at the time.

He was an expensive mistake, given that we didn't recoup anything for him.

I almost regret my JP LFC LeGEND 4eva tattoo.

It's fine, what we'll do is, sign Jermaine Beckford, and when he plays awesome, you can get the P on the tattoo easily changed to a B.

Problem solved.