You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Driving Test

Brownie

Scroll up Hermes, second is nowhere. I know you're going to provide corn, anything else would be a disappointment but at least go for original corn. You used to be better than this.

Sorry, didn't spot that. I don't bother reading your posts. :tease:

• 1 year later...

Failed mine today, was traveling around 18 in third gear, and all of a sudden the light changed to red. Was no problem and i stopped to change it back into first and put the handbrake on, then looked up and it had changed to green again. Coupled with the fact that it was on a steep uphill start, needless to say it stalled, and when your at the front of the traffic light queue and u stall, its a fail. Only got like 7 minors too.

Yeah haha, I don't take much notice of neg (should I?) but yeah well frustrating. Gonna cost me another 130 odd to get another test.

You should, right now you're reading as a massive tool. You need to scare martin with the big boys (girls).

Fucking hell, £130, how much is a test now?

• 1 year later...

Just passed my UAE driving test. Had a UK licence which you can usually trade in for a UAE one, but smart arse here leaves it too late and my UK licence had expired by three months.

Got told I had to start from scratch which would be 40 lessons, 8 lectures, theory test, parking test, assessment test then RTA road test.

Only managed to barter the cunts down to 20 lessons, 8 lectures, theory test, parking test, assessment test and RTA road test.

Cost me the best part of a grand getting it all done plus taxi's to and from the driving school. Worracunt.

Still, that's all the tests passed, now just a mountain of red tape before I get my hands on my licence.

Fucking mental though, when you do your test there are another 2 guys in the car with you in the back seat waiting their turn to do the test...not off putting in the slightest.

The other 2 lads in my car were Indians and got complete shit from the examiner from start to finish, one of them deffo failed and think the other one did too. That means they need to take another 8 lessons and pay for the test again. Total money making scheme. I read somewhere last week that there is only a 25% pass rate. I'd wager heavily that those 25% are locals and westerners.

Fuck it though, I'll be celebrating tonight - out for a curry and a few beers then back to watch a certain sporting event on the TV. Happy days.

• 3 weeks later...

My boy passed his driving test yesterday.....in the wind and snow. I am one proud mother (relieved mostly)

His instructor has recommended he follow up with a Pro Plus course. Has anyone on here any experience of doing this? Was it useful or just soem extra bucks for the instructor?

Considering learning as there is an absurdly cheap instructor in MK at £10 a lesson. Has anyone passed their test but not bought a car right away? I see myself occassionally renting one for a week or something but not sure if you lose your skills pretty quickly if you learn and then don't drive for ages.

Considering learning as there is an absurdly cheap instructor in MK at £10 a lesson. Has anyone passed their test but not bought a car right away? I see myself occassionally renting one for a week or something but not sure if you lose your skills pretty quickly if you learn and then don't drive for ages.

If the deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. Why are they so cheap? That must be half the going rate at least

If the deal sounds too good to be true it probably is. Why are they so cheap? That must be half the going rate at least
Not sure but it's a friend of a friend, so for £10 I'll take a lesson and see how I get on.

My boy passed his driving test yesterday.....in the wind and snow. I am one proud mother (relieved mostly)

His instructor has recommended he follow up with a Pro Plus course. Has anyone on here any experience of doing this? Was it useful or just soem extra bucks for the instructor?

I think it may be helpful in reducing the huge insurance premium that the kids are lumbered with. It's worth checking out with insurance companies to see how much he'd save if he went through the Pro Plus course.

I passed 2 years ago Rem and haven't bought a car. The missus has one though (which I'm not allowed to drive but that's a whole other mental woman story) so it isn't too bad I guess. For work we have a company car so it's not a problem and renting is cheap and easy, for the most part.

I didn't drive for about 18 months after passing but I was comfortable with it pretty much straight away, it wasn't perfect but you certainly don't forget or lose skills that quickly.

I passed my test about 5-6 years ago and never bought a car right away, it is just a good thing to have under your belt.

Since passing I had a car for a short time and a job that involved me doing a lot of driving, I find that if I haven't drove for a while I am a little rusty but now I have no trouble getting behind the wheel of a car.

Where I am working now, it is not worth me getting a car so if I need one for a weekend I can just rent one for the weekend for about 40 quid with Europcar or Avis via Quidco.