You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So it's one or two months according to Rafa, not the six the press have been waffling about.

Fabio.jpg

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For free hes been fantastic. He's scored vs United and Chelsea both with out of this world free-kicks. I think we should sign Aly Cissokho though, not injured as much, young and played fantastically vs United in the Champs League. He has already slammed AC Milan so i doubt he will be going there anymore and he can also play at LB and RB. If not him then maybe Mamadou Sakho.

For free hes been fantastic. He's scored vs United and Chelsea both with out of this world free-kicks. I think we should sign Aly Cissokho though, not injured as much, young and played fantastically vs United in the Champs League. He has already slammed AC Milan so i doubt he will be going there anymore and he can also play at LB and RB. If not him then maybe Mamadou Sakho.

Cissokho wants to go to Milan, but Milan wouldn't pay the €13m Porto wanted because he they found a problem with his teeth in his medical (yeah, seriously). They're still negotiating, but Milan won't pay the full amount that Porto want.

That said, he'll probably end up signing for them.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
It was very definitely the first goal! I think you'll find that my point is that Aurelio is not good defensively. Walcott was the first example that came to mind, Aurelio was all over the place before then. Was it Nasri down that wing?

And to take you up on your snobbish attitude:

- Chelsea game away. As Code72 has mentioned already, he was poor in that game as well. He let the cross come in for the own goal way, way too easily and was poor in the build up to the third goal.

Your struggling if your using Code to back up your argument Dan

Not only is Fabio sound defensively, we seem to move the ball about alot more coherently when he's playing

The 4-4 game was a woeful performance by Fabio, no doubt about that. It was by most of our defenders, though.

As for Lampards goal in the other 4-4, I can't remember the build up.

But I don't recall Fabio to have had a bad game as a whole in that game.

I can't believe you think that. He was awful that night.

However with the exception of that dreadful display and the one in the first leg and the Arsenal game, I thought Aurelio had a really good season. He made the LB position his own, provided good width ( compare his distribution with Arbeloa's) and even showed himself to be a capable central midfielder. I'm suprised that people aren't convinced defensively about him, he seldom makes mistakes.

Fabio is a quality, quality player.

The obsession with pace at full back means he gets overlooked by the idiotic pundits but there isn't a better footballing defender in Europe than our man Fabio.

Lay off the Fab Man

Cissokho wants to go to Milan, but Milan wouldn't pay the €13m Porto wanted because he they found a problem with his teeth in his medical (yeah, seriously). They're still negotiating, but Milan won't pay the full amount that Porto want.

That said, he'll probably end up signing for them.

The real reason Milan were not willing to sign Cissokho was because they werent willing to stump up the cash for him even though they had cashed in on Kaka. The whole failing a medical due to a dental issue was a way of covering this up so the Milan ultras do not grow restless, as they wanted to know where the money for their beloved Kaka had gone as it was clearly not being re-invested in the team!

Cissokho for me would be brilliant at left-back especially given his performance against the Mancs.

Edited by Rising_Phoenix
elaborating

• 1 month later...

AURELIO BACK IN TRAINING

Rafa Benitez today confirmed Brazilian full-back Fabio Aurelio has resumed training at Melwood. The 29-year-old has missed the start of the 2009-10 season with a knee injury sustained over the summer, but Benitez revealed the defender is edging nearer to a comeback.

The Reds boss said: "Aurelio was training yesterday. I was watching him and he did well.

"He is not training with the team, but he is working with the fitness coach and is very close. We will have to see if he has any other problems, but he is very close."

Will be brilliant to have him back. Insua has filled in well, and done me proud after I've been talking up his potential for years, but he just hasn't got the quality of Aurelio at the moment, when it comes to passing and crossing espicially. Aurelio one side and Johnson the other will be quality going forward and provide width that our wingers (minus Reira) aren't capable of. As has been mentioned by far the best free kick and corner taker in the squad as well, which shouldn't be undervalued.

Has to be first choice, and by a long way.

aureliol is another hegem or degen. Injury prone in a couple of words.

If the transfer fee shackles are ever lifted, we need to cash in on him while we can to at least get some money back on him.

Insua should be first pick with aureliol his back up if needed (when fit).

How can anyone seriously think Insua should be first choice when both are 100% fit?

'At least get some money back'. He was free for fuck sake and you make out like he is terrible. Seriously, what the fuck are you talking about.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Aurelio is, and was in Spain, a superb player. One of the best in his position in either league. Everybody knows why he hasn't been regarded as a world class left back. It's even in the title of this thread. His quality isn't really up for debate.

We missed him a lot yesterday. Insua was solid enough but he got offered so much space which he never took advantage of untill it was too late and we also had quite a few awful corners and free kicks from good positions. We need him back as soon as possible just to get Gerrard away from corners and free kicks.