You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is fucking right. I was 8 and had a crush on her in 1985. Is it normal to have sexual feelings for someone at that age?

The maddest thing I remember about that show was when she ate the rat. Awesome.

It had Robert Englund aka Freddy Kruger playing a good alien called Willy and the leader of the resistance was Marc Singer who played Mike Donovan and he was in Dallas around the same time in the Dream Season playing a bogus Emerald Mine man called Matt Cantrell who was friends with Bobby who J.R paid to swindle Pamela Barnes out of money on emeralds.

They were great times for TV. V was a fantastic programme. I am sure it used to be on on a Friday night quite late am I right?

Edited by Juan Galonso

The maddest thing I remember about that show was when she ate the rat. Awesome.

It wasn't just the rat - it was the fact her mouth opened up three times the size to eat it. And this was pre-CGI.

And remember that girl getting knocked up by one of them and having a green rash spread around her neck. Then the birth scene where this lizard crawls out of her chuff on it's own. And then the "hold on, it's twins" and they deliver a normal baby. And just when you think it's all ok it open's its gob and a forked tongue comes out.

I don't think there's ever been a better moment in telly than that. Lost and Heroes can fuck off.

The Final Battle pissed all over the original mini-series IMO, even though it wasn't made by the original creative team, it was much slicker, moodier, and geninely unnerving at times. It also had Michael Ironside as Tyler.

The writing and characterisation was genius, simple things like Tyler saying he'd been to see a Shakespeare play in London once and being asked "How he became so dangerous?", or the way he loses the plot when someone calls him a warmonger.

"Now that's a waste of good luggage."

Legend

[YOUTUBE]Y1hMvBGcgJI[/YOUTUBE]

The Final Battle pissed all over the original mini-series IMO, even though it wasn't made by the original creative team, it was much slicker, moodier, and geninely unnerving at times. It also had Michael Ironside as Tyler.

The writing and characterisation was genius, simple things like Tyler saying he'd been to see a Shakespeare play in London once and being asked "How he became so dangerous?", or the way he loses the plot when someone calls him a warmonger.

"Now that's a waste of good luggage."

Legend

[YOUTUBE]Y1hMvBGcgJI[/YOUTUBE]

Haha. Watching it now it looks like The A-Team.

Guest TK-421

Having re-watched both the mini series and final battle recently I would agree with Section. It all steps up a notch in the final battle, but it's all good stuff.

I'm not sure what to make of the trailer for the new one, nice one for posting it russellgsy. I think the nostalgia trip of watching the first version of V is powerful so I'll try and watch the new one with an open mind.

• 2 months later...
I used to have a soft spot for Julie.

shame none of the originals will be in the remake

guess i was wrong!

The producers of the V remake are contemplating casting actors from the original series, it has emerged.

Scott Peters, an executive producer on the reboot, revealed that actress Jane Badler, who played villainess alien Diana on the first series, may return to the update.

He told Sci-Fi Wire: "Jane Badler has approached our producers and has been in touch here and there."

The show's creators are also considering offering roles to Marc Singer and Faye Grant, who led the resistance against the Visitors in the original 1980s miniseries and television show.

He added: "I haven't had a chance to actually sit down or talk to anybody face-to-face, but I would love to. I don't want somebody to just walk by in the background and then feature them for a second. I want to find a really interesting role for somebody."

V star Elizabeth Mitchell recently told DS that iconic moments from the original programme will be retained for the remake.