You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

REDS SPONSOR TO RENAME ANFIELD?

Glen C

Was old toilets latest extension just the corners though? Hindering no need for them to close a stand? How would is be feasible to expand with out closing a stand RiS?

No, they added tiers and everything. You don't go from 45,000 to 76,000 by just filling in the corners.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ok. Any attempt to rename the stadium to anything other that Anfield (you can fuck that 'new' off as well) and we just rip the signs down. That's the problem with Britain today - too much apathy and not enough direct action. Say what you like about the French, but those motherfuckers know how to protest.

I'd rather not have the cash, we already sold the 'family silver' to bandits and it got us nowhere, I'd rather keep what heritage and dignity we have left.

Correct. But,you know what mate, it is not even about heritage and dignity - it is about not filling the cunts' pockets.

If anyone think the money would go straight into the team, they are living in dreamland. The money will be used to pay the interest. Failing that, it will go to the cunts as dividends.

Ant,

What I meant is knocking down the Anny Road and the Main stand and rebuilding them to mirror the Centenary and obviously filling in the corners as well, a bit like a horseshoe, with the Kop as the head, that would probably take us close to 60 thousand.

Who cares it's a new stadium what's in a name, it's not Anfield anyway Anfield is Anfield not the new stadium.

The name doesn't matter what happens in the stadium does, almost all new stadiums have a sponser's name that's just how it is.

You move with the times or you get left behind.

Hasn't worked out for the arse though, the money just seems to be paying for the construction of the stadium itself, with the idea being that increased crowds will add some money at some stage in the future. I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but they don't seem to have any cash.

That's not true, if you look at their financial statements they made 25m in after-tax profit on the back of increased stadium revenue (i.e. after they made the payments on their 15 year loan). And that doesn't include the future revenue they will pull in once they start selling the flats on the old highbury site.

Wenger doesn't want to spend so is allowing people to believe they are skint but they are far from it.

Financial results - year ended 31 May 2008 | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com

I agree scouse missionary just look how quickly the SOS faded out! Those boys are a joke! You see this is what end of season party’s do to you to much drinking not enough thinking they should all go to alcoholics anonymous lol

Edited by redimp79

Ant,

What I meant is knocking down the Anny Road and the Main stand and rebuilding them to mirror the Centenary and obviously filling in the corners as well, a bit like a horseshoe, with the Kop as the head, that would probably take us close to 60 thousand.

Aye. We would be miles better off doing something like that than incurring £350m more debt by building a new stadium.

People talk about losing revenue as a big thing - it is NOTHING compared to the cost of a new stadium. New stadium will take 3 years to build - the money we borrow in installments for those 3 years, we will still have to pay interest for that. The revenue lost in re-developing Anfield will still be less than the interest we will have to pay in the 3 years of building a new stadium.

It will never be anything other than Anfield to me. Massive joke, why don't the owners just go and take our history as well. Not Happy.

They can take a lot of things, but they can never take our history! That is always ours, regardless of who legally owns the club.

Has it? That is a genuine question. Is there real proof that a serious assessment of the options was made or was it a quick look and a "nah, much better to build a new one"?

I think the last time a full evaluation was done was when the cost of staying was being compared with the cost of bulding a stadium for about £150m i.e. the early Parrydome. Maybe the result would be different when the comparison is a £400m stadium.

I don't see why both the Anny road and the Main couldn't be rebuilt. The anny road could be stopped up providing an alternative road could be built first.

Can't see it being the absolute end of the world, Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium was originally called the 'BT Cellnet Riverside', but people on Match of the Day, Sky Sports etc always referred to it simply as the Riverside

A new stadium, for those of you who believe there’ll ever be one, for better or worse is never going to be Anfield. Anfield is Anfield, new stadium is new stadium. If they choose to call it i.e. Carlsberg Stanley Park Stadium the place is going to be referred to as Stanley Park or simply Stanley. So prepare for a short name like “Carlsberg stadium”.

I don’t care really, it’s only a name. And it’s only a dream anyway, nothing that’s going to happen

Sign of the times, and the fact of the matter is if those 2 idiots not the yanks the previous 2 had thought of it and various other ventures, we would'nt have had to be owned by the new cunts, I remember Steve Morgans wife saying at the AGM that Moores would rather sell to the Devil than her husband, well Parry went out and found them and did just that.

The sad part about all this is, if we sell the naming rights to burger king then win 10 league titles, nobody would care!

most people would rather watch a succesful side in a sponsored stadium than a mediocre side in one which is not.

And I put myself into that, I may talk the talk, but I doubt it will come to anything more than a few whinges

some seem to criticise what moores and parry did but then take exactly the same stance

Moores and Parry were indecisive and made a balls up of selling the club to the Americans. Now had we been proactive and developed the stadium and revenue streams throughout the past 15 years we wouldn't be having this debate. United aren't talking about this are they?

We are talking about naming rights to increase our income whilst we sqander 30m a season on interest payments, it is is beyond belief.

A new stadium, for those of you who believe there’ll ever be one, for better or worse is never going to be Anfield. Anfield is Anfield, new stadium is new stadium. If they choose to call it i.e. Carlsberg Stanley Park Stadium the place is going to be referred to as Stanley Park or simply Stanley. So prepare for a short name like “Carlsberg stadium”.

I don’t care really, it’s only a name. And it’s only a dream anyway, nothing that’s going to happen

Look this is not a dream THIS will happen adventurealy but when I hear someone say it’s only a name I have to question their loyalty so shell we change the name of the club as well the real fans will forever call it Anfield.

The sad part about all this is, if we sell the naming rights to burger king then win 10 league titles, nobody would care!

most people would rather watch a succesful side in a sponsored stadium than a mediocre side in one which is not.

And I put myself into that, I may talk the talk, but I doubt it will come to anything more than a few whinges

That is so wrong on many levels , it runs alot deeper than that Im afraid , this club is part of peoples lives , an extension of themselves , the glint in their eye's , success is imperative at a lub like Liverpool but dignity , soul and commitment are not commodoties , as far as Im aware anyway .

It will always be Anfield . Simple . End of conversation.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2009/reds-sponsor-to-rename-anfield/

Liverpool’s owners are believed to be considering including stadium naming rights in the next sponsorship deal at Anfield.

Club sponsor Carlsberg, who have held Liverpool’s sponsorship for 18 years, will commence discussions on a new deal at the end of the season - when Rick Parry has departed the club.

Speaking to The Independent newspaper, Gareth Roberts - Carlsberg’s UK head of Sponsorship, indicated that stadium naming rights will form part of the discussion with the LIverpool FC management. And with present circumstances, this could relate not to a new stadium - but to the existing Anfield ground.

Upon arrival at Anfield, both Tom Hicks and George Gillette did not rule out the ability to include stadium naming rights as part of a new deal, and with the pair having placed Liverpool in to more than £300 million of debt, and around £30 million of interest payments per year to find it seems that the sanctity of Anfield may be another price the world’s greatest football club may have to pay.

The financial difficulties of the American owners has been well documented and Carlsberg have admitted it has been a ‘distraction’ to the club.

“The stadium is a big step of their progression in the future and we want to be part of that.

“The best thing is they [Hicks and Gillett] seem to have resolved the internal issues and they are going to take the next step. We need to understand where they are going with the stadium [but] we are really ambitious that they get the next step right as it will take them into the next stage of their progression [as a club] as well. They have done very well taking the next step in the league but it is about them setting the platform for the future.”

Get ready to take your seat at The Carlsberg Stadium.

He's right you know. Hadn't clocked this before, just thought it was a repetition of the age-old argument...

They can get to fuck if they think about doing this. We should release the villagers - burning torches, pitchforks, the works!

angry_villagers2.jpg