You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England were abysmal tonight. They just couldn't pass the ball. Despite the fawning over the vastly overrated Rooney, Gerrard is wasted in that team.

I think both of them are wasted to be honest.

Are you still on pills for your neeerves Bobby ?

I'm just thinking back to the game, and I don't really remember anything decent from it. It was shit. I have no clue what it is, but we just do not play decent football at all. One thing that maybe fucks it up is that we have Gerrard, Barry and Lampard next to eachother, and with them all being leader types I don't think any of them know who out of the three should take control of it, so none of them do.

Also the atmosphere in that stadium, that stupid band song that was droning on and on, no decent songs from the crowd at all, no sense of those guys even being that passionate about their team.....

I keep watching them and thinking something will click into place one day, but it never does. I'm starting to think that because so many of the players are big rivals in the PL, they just don't really care about playing with eachother and can't perform properly.

There's just no lasting sense of excitement or anticipation when you watch them, or any proper team spirit, or even enough decent passing. Not like watching a club side at all, where the team actually seems to care about the match.

Didn't see the game all the way through but full marks to Teddy Sheringham for not ignoring what a grotesque idiot Rooney was with that tackle. The replays look worse each time they show it. Weird how ITV seem anxious to shut the bloke up rather than let him point out it was one more potential leg breaker.

I think both of them are wasted to be honest.

Are you still on pills for your neeerves Bobby ?

How yer diddlin.

I'd play Rooney up top and Gerrard in behind instead of trying to shoehorn them both into one position to accomodate average strikers. I'd also drop Lampard, who is a waste of space, and replace him with Carrick, and tell Barry to play further forward. There's no need for two sitting midfielders at Wembley against the likes of Ukraine.

Argentina have single handedly fucked up my bet.

Czech Republic single handedly fucked up the other one.

On the plus side, Northern Ireland won and stay top of the group.

On the other plus side, Ireland picked up a good result away in Italy.

The scoreline is unexpected but teams like Ecuador and Bolivia are difficult to beat at home because of the altitude. La Paz is the highest capital on the planet and the oxygen is thin up there.