You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cheeky bastards

Hooch

Haven't had a chance to mention this.

My mate bought our Madrid tickets on the website, so they were posted out to his house.

Right up to match day there was no sign of the tickets, so he goes up to the ground and they gave him duplicates for us, simply with the word "duplicate" stamped on them.

We get into the ground to find 4 Slovakian fellas in our seats. We asked them to show us their tickets to see our tickets, with our names at the bottom and all. The poor fuckers probably stumped up a wedge for them too off some cheeky cunt who's robbed them somewhere along the line of mail delivery, either at the sorting office or maybe the postman himself.

Anyway we told them to stand in the aisle, we didn't want to blow them up to the stewards and get them booted out of the ground. And it was sound.

But how the fuck does this happen? Who is to say we could of sold our tickets and asked for duplicates?? And I can't believe the club brazenly post you £130's worth of match tickets via standard first class post. Joke eh?

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

My mate bought our Madrid tickets on the website, so they were posted out to his house.

Right up to match day there was no sign of the tickets, so he goes up to the ground and they gave him duplicates for us, simply with the word "duplicate" stamped on them.

We get into the ground to find 4 Slovakian fellas in our seats. We asked them to show us their tickets to see our tickets, with our names at the bottom and all. The poor fuckers probably stumped up a wedge for them too off some cheeky cunt who's robbed them somewhere along the line of mail delivery, either at the sorting office or maybe the postman himself.

Anyway we told them to stand in the aisle, we didn't want to blow them up to the stewards and get them booted out of the ground. And it was sound.

But how the fuck does this happen? Who is to say we could of sold our tickets and asked for duplicates?? And I can't believe the club brazenly post you £130's worth of match tickets via standard first class post. Joke eh?

Chelsea 2005

At least 2,000 more than capacity on the Kop, all with duplicates

I was one of them, mate had a ticket ordered on his CC and in his hand

I didn't, and wasnt expecting to get one

He marches up to the TO window

"My ticket never came luv, here's my CC"

He gets handed a ticket with duplicate stamped on it

No challenge

Nothing

You'll only ever get away with it in big European games though

This is a common occurence at the ground, and you would think they would send them out recorded delivery. I remember hearing stories about posties having tickets off and selling them on

Chelsea 2005

No challenge

Nothing

Really? I kind of figured this can't be the first time it's happened like. Crazy stuff. Felt a bit violated seeing my name on some odd looking Slovaks ticket! Some bastard Posties probably about 4 ton better off.

Hillsborough happened outside the stadium you moron.

What? I thought hillsborough happened because they let too many in, and the guys all got squashed together and trampled on and squashed against the fence at the front of the pens?

This wouldnt happen nowadays anyway because there arent fences at the front of anfield.

Hillsborough happened outside the stadium you moron.

I know that. It wasn't the point I was trying to make. I knew I shouldn't have used that as an example. I was trying to make the point it's dangerous just giving put tickets when people are just saying they never recieved any.

What? I thought hillsborough happened because they let too many in, and the guys all got squashed together and trampled on and squashed against the fence at the front of the pens?

This wouldnt happen nowadays anyway because there arent fences at the front of anfield.

It happened outside and inside. The police opened the gates and did spread people around the pens evenly!

It happened outside and inside. The police opened the gates and did spread people around the pens evenly!

And the police/stewards have no way of effectively monitoring the flows of people in and out of the ground, so there is was too many people in one area. I think this is what the other poster is trying to get at, too many people in one area is dangerous.

And the police/stewards have no way of effectively monitoring the flows of people in and out of the ground, so there is was too many people in one area. I think this is what the other poster is trying to get at, too many people in one area is dangerous.

That's what I was trying to get at mate.

Chelsea 2005

No challenge

Nothing

Or if you're a kid right at the back of the kop is sound.