You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack that one. Rather make songs about our own. Whilst im on the subject, I think a song for yossi is needed, any suggestions?

I'm working on it.

I'm thinking, use a tune that has about 4 notes and has been used for the last 20 years, keep it simple and save people having to learn tricky new stuff, then chuck in a couple of racist and homophobic references. Winner.

The Celtic song about Shunsuke Nakamura ("He eats chow mein / He votes Sinn Fein"), while racist (among other things), is at least somewhat clever....

I'm eternally shocked to hear about grown men sitting at home scribbling down puerile, racist, homophobic lyrics to sing with other grown men at a game.

Very modern fan-ish. Singing abuse about a player who never did our club any harm or anything else to deserve it for that matter.

We have ceased to be 'special' amongst football fans.

Sorry mate but history tells us that it has always been this way. Nothing modern about it.

Just to add we are only special in our own eyes.

Guest ShoePiss
Disgraceful thread. We dont reduce ourselves to the manc, chavs, blueshites level etc by singing shite about opposing players. Dissappointing...

I remember singing this one on the kop :-

This old man

He told me

Bryan Robson's got VD

With a knick knack paddywhack

Give the dog a bone

Man United fuck off home

Nothing new and there's loads more from the past singing about opposing players. Sorry you're disappointed!