You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you think we should try and sign Joe Cole from Chelsea?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should try and sign Joe Cole from Chelsea?

• Yes
    • No

i really rate cole but why waste our time chasing a player that wouldnt come to us? He is a London lad and i think spurs would have more of a chance of getting him than we would

That might be the most depressing sentence I've seen in years about our club

That might be the most depressing sentence I've seen in years about our club

nothing against the club but i cant see him leaving london he has lived there all his life and settled thats why i say spurs have more of a chance

nothing against the club but i cant see him leaving london he has lived there all his life and settled thats why i say spurs have more of a chance

Wasn't picking at you mate. Just depressing that any "top" player would consider Spurs over us, irrelevant of geography, and that realistically is the case at the minute

• 1 month later...

Joe Cole fears a complete breakdown in his relationship with Roman Abramovich will result in the midfielder leaving Chelsea at the end of the season.

Sources at Stamford Bridge claim Cole and his representatives infuriated the Russian with their hardline stance in contract negotiations which saw the player threaten to leave if Abramovich did not meet the 28-year-old’s wage demands.

Joe Cole frozen out by Roman Abramovich: Chelsea owner stunned by winger's wage demands | Mail Online

I'd have him in a heartbeat, class player. If he doesnt sign a new contract there however I can see him going to Spurs.

£25m for an injury-prone 28 year old, who his moronic media chums can claim is actually 'free'

That is exactly the sort of signing 'Arry needs to be making if he is to maintain his record of bankrupting every club he touches.

Get Paul Ince! He's the final piece of the jigsaw!

Haha, old school. I remember telling anybody who'd listen that David Batty was the difference between us and the title back in the day.

In fairness, he would have been a welcome change from some of the tarts we had back then.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I would rather take Shaun Wright-Phillips than Joe Cole. Cole is too injury prone.

I'd sooner we just get Arda Turan. Joe 'cheegy chabby' Cole is too injury prone, you're right.

Guest Dog Chaser
I'd sooner we just get Arda Turan. Joe 'cheegy chabby' Cole is too injury prone, you're right.

Fuck it, lets have Shaun Wright-Phillips and Arda Turan.

Haha, old school. I remember telling anybody who'd listen that David Batty was the difference between us and the title back in the day.

In fairness, he would have been a welcome change from some of the tarts we had back then.

We kind of leapt over the middle ground and went from namby pambys to cloggers.