You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Major news in the next 24-72 hours (Rick Parry leaving)

Maldini

I don't see that as particularly negative though. I think our best chance of getting someone new in is Gillett leaving first. I can see Hicks being around even when we have new owners. Gillett wants out whatever. This supposed balance of power hasn't worked anyway, so a weakening of one side might be what we need. Before anyone starts, I am not pro-Hicks in anyway, but as I see it, if one of the partners was to gain an upper hand I would rather it was him. Gillett strikes me as a snidey little shit and like I said, he wants out anyway.

Aye, maybe.

Hope that's the case.

But i also fear that the hicks/benitez axis of "control" (on and off teh pitch) will now reign for many more years.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean that Gillett has to sell now to Hicks? Gillett no longer has power does he? Hicks now holds the cards which is making me feel sick.

Would that really change much? Hicks and Gillett are as bad as each other so I'm not sure how Hicks on his own could run the club any worse on his own than he has alongside Gillett. At least the in-fighting would surely end.

Obviously the ideal is they both go but I can't bring myself to hope for that much.

I wanted him to be the last of the three out of the door. Him staying was the best chance of us selling up 100%. I don't think that will happen now. I think Hicks will be able to find another partner, he'll try to maintain control, and he's the first one I wanted out of this club. Hicks is more of a scourge on the club than Gillett, because at least Gillett is willing to sell up.

Not any more for leveraged buyouts fella. Have you read any newspapers in the last twelve months?

As if the newspapers tell the truth.

Banks are still lending. With higher deposits. And higher interest rates. LFC, as long as in the CL, will always be a safe and secure investment for the banks - atleast in the short term (12/18 months).

As if the newspapers tell the truth.

Banks are still lending. With higher deposits. And higher interest rates. LFC, as long as in the CL, will always be a safe and secure investment for the banks - atleast in the short term (12/18 months).

We'll see, but I wager you five pounds to the charity of your choice that he will not be in sole charge of the club for the first game of next season. In fact I'd happily extend that to never, but I wouldn't be able to call in the bet.

Neither Hicks or Gillett has the collateral to purchase the club outright when the banks come cash calling in July - more so now that RBS is 95% nationalised.

It is interesting that Tony Evans's piece in the Times states that Gillett and Parry fell out "over the stories that surfaced on Wednesday suggesting that Benitez was about to leave the club"

I wanted him to be the last of the three out of the door. Him staying was the best chance of us selling up 100%. I don't think that will happen now. I think Hicks will be able to find another partner, he'll try to maintain control, and he's the first one I wanted out of this club. Hicks is more of a scourge on the club than Gillett, because at least Gillett is willing to sell up.

I don't think it ever was. The cunts will sell when they want to sell - with or without Parry. Parry is a muppet.

Hicks can't afford us Tom. Not total control anyway.

and for how long has this theory been peddled round? He will likely be here for a while in some significant capacity. This only strengethens his hand. Dubya is on the cards after all?

There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, it's probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. It fool me. We can't get fooled again."

It is interesting that Tony Evans's piece in the Times states that Gillett and Parry fell out due "over the stories that surfaced on Wednesday suggesting that Benitez was about to leave the club"

Good spot. So it was Parry who started those rumours ahead of a massive game? If true, the cunt needs to be shot not sacked.

Neither Hicks or Gillett has the collateral to purchase the club outright when the banks come cash calling in July - more so now that RBS is 95% nationalised.

It is interesting that Tony Evans's piece in the Times states that Gillett and Parry fell out "over the stories that surfaced on Wednesday suggesting that Benitez was about to leave the club"

What, you mean Parry was briefing the press on the sly with spurrious shite? Yet Evil Rafa is a vile, self-serving blert for defending himself? How dare he. If this is true, shame on those who were involved.