You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 months later...
Guest ShoePiss
Anyone else had this?

baconnaise.jpg

I am currently addicted to it.

:)

Good timing on the bacon thread. Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's and saw this, had to have a go.

011-3.jpg

Just so that nobody ever has to eat this shit...

[YOUTUBE]T0kRyv3RRH4&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

There is NO substitute!

That said, I've been on a bit of a quest to find bacon not cured with nitrites and pumped with water and all the other shite in overprocessed typical supermarket bacon.

Guest ShoePiss

I'm planning on making my own bacon in the next couple of weeks. It will be a 10 day dry cure and then a cold smoke.

I already know I'll have to be crowned king of bacon, at least in this thread.

• 4 months later...
Cunt. Pitiful, mental cunt.

So who is it then?

Which former forum runt has come back under the inauspicious nomenclature Stacy?

Who would be that fucking sad?

Kill yourself, that is seriously all you have to look forward to in life, a quick pain free removal from the existence which enslaves you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ShoePiss

Finally got around to making my own. It's pretty hard to get belly pork in bigger sizes but the Chinese market sells it, I'd prefer to be making English bacon but that would require custom orders from a butcher to get the correct cut...

10 day wet cure of 1 cup salt, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of Prague #1 salt to a gallon of water. 4 hour cold smoke with applewood. Wish I had a meat slicer rather than doing it by hand but after just trying it I'm more than happy.

Bring.It.Home

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Finally got around to making my own. It's pretty hard to get belly pork in bigger sizes but the Chinese market sells it, I'd prefer to be making English bacon but that would require custom orders from a butcher to get the correct cut...

10 day wet cure of 1 cup salt, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of Prague #1 salt to a gallon of water. 4 hour cold smoke with applewood. Wish I had a meat slicer rather than doing it by hand but after just trying it I'm more than happy.

Bring.It.Home

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

Isn't it just easier to buy a packet of bacon?