You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lumphard's appeal upheld

Lurtz

Who cares any more? Their issue, their problem, good luck to them. The decision was made at the time, it may or may not have helped us win the game, we did win the game. That's all that matters to me, to be honest.

But you're right, to overturn that particular reffing decision while at the same time giving a message to the league that says "you can lash out at players in any way you like so long as the referee doesnt see it" is ludicrous.

Who cares any more? Their issue, their problem, good luck to them. The decision was made at the time, it may or may not have helped us win the game, we did win the game. That's all that matters to me, to be honest.

But you're right, to overturn that particular reffing decision while at the same time giving a message to the league that says "you can lash out at players in any way you like so long as the referee doesnt see it" is ludicrous.

But the problem is the opposite - if the referee didn't see an incident, FA can take action against the player. If a player breaks a bone of an opposition player and if the referee had seen it but took no action, FA can't do anything about it.

Fucking joke. They hide behind the UEFA/FIFA rules.

And it is not as if they are very rigid with the rules either - there is still a rule that states when a player is dismissed after getting 2 yellow cards, FA can't do anything about it. But they did something about it when Mongo got a 2nd yellow. They are all cunts.

The whole point of them taking no action was that the ref and lino both saw it! Why the fuck didn't they do anything then?

I've never been one to send "disgusted" emails, but I sent one to the FA about Bosingwa.

I reckon once they read it, they'll see my point and he'll probably get suspended. That's how it works, isn't it?

Same here, sent one with a few swear words in this morning, however I'm not as confident as you that I'll get listened to

They need their rules sorting out. Claridge completely dismissed the Bosingwa incident. It was quite funny listening to someone so clueless.

It is also quite funny hearing people say we would never have won, not that Torres is the best striker in the world and Gerrard the master of the rescue act!

I don't know, i watched it again and Lampard went into that challenge very dangerously. Certainly far more dangerous than Bosingwa touching up Yossi with his foot.

I tend to agree he went in dangerously. So what if he got the ball? He flew in at shin / knee height with studs up. If Xabi had been standing on that leg Lumphard may have broken it. Dangerous play in my opinion. I accept that it is up for debate though but the fact that those cunts at the FA turned a blind eye to the Bosingwa incident makes me even more pissed at this decision.

They need their rules sorting out. Claridge completely dismissed the Bosingwa incident. It was quite funny listening to someone so clueless.

It is also quite funny hearing people say we would never have won, not that Torres is the best striker in the world and Gerrard the master of the rescue act!

He is a bad dickhead him, I don't know how some of these people get jobs as pundits

I tend to agree he went in dangerously. So what if he got the ball? He flew in at shin / knee height with studs up. If Xabi had been standing on that leg Lumphard may have broken it. Dangerous play in my opinion. I accept that it is up for debate though but the fact that those cunts at the FA turned a blind eye to the Bosingwa incident makes me even more pissed at this decision.

Agree 100% and I argued similarly in a thread yesterday. To be fair, I've seen worse tackles - I wouldn't have complained about a yellow card, but I wasn't in the least bit surprised to see a red.

And the fact that he got a nick on the ball doesn't stop a dangerous tackle being a dangerous tackle, and referees should act accordingly, in my opinion.

Studs up - That is now a red card offence isn't it?

Don't know what everyone's working themselves into a frenzy about. From what I recall, straight reds are not allowed to be recinded unless the referee that gave it reccomends that it be retracted.

The Bosingwa issue, was a matter, that the FA could have done something about that were within their own regulations.

The two cases have completely different contexts. Using one decision to compare with the other is illogical.

It's called a tackle.

Thanks for bringing your wonderful insight to the discussion, its highly valued.

Exactly how i see it. Don't think there was much malice or indeed intent, but it was reckless in my view and we're just lucky no one got seriously injured.

I think the point is Lampard's tackle wasn't a great deal different to Gerrard's a few minutes earlier - this is the correct decision, no one was hurt, we got the result we wanted end of story.

The Bosingwa incident on the other hand is ridiculous, apparently as the Ref/Lino saw it no action will be taken - but if they did see it and admit to seeing it how on earth could they let it go? Alright Yossi wasn't injured but it was petulant and stupid - he should have been punished - not even Chelsea would have been surprised, Scholari came out afterwards and pretty much admitted that he expected him to be banned.

It's impossible to justify IMHO -- one is seen by the referee who later says he made a mistake (I still think it was a red, any studs up challenge is supposed to be) and the other was not seen by the referee and was a mistake. How can they not allow Lampard's decision and allow Boswinga's. Complete nonsense. It's the same with the Iain Hume case -- complete and utter moral cowardice.