You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone got any recommendations for a new series? Favourite graphics novels are The Walking Dead and The Punisher written by Garth Ennis. Are there any other superhero graphic novels as dark as The Punisher?

I'm guessing you may have already read it but if not, then, with the 2 you've said you like, I absolutely guarantee you'll love Preacher by Garth Ennis.

Anyone got any recommendations for a new series? Favourite graphics novels are The Walking Dead and The Punisher written by Garth Ennis. Are there any other superhero graphic novels as dark as The Punisher?

Preacher by Garth Ennis is up there when it comes to dark/twisted stuff.

Saucer Country is excellent - I'm really enjoying that.

Tried The New Deadwardians yet Rorschach? I thought that was a pretty good read.

Just tried the first two issues of Peter Panzerfaust as well, which is Peter Pan set during World War 2.

Roisin Dubh is pretty good - published by an Irish company called Acme if I remember correctly.

The latest issue of Batman's great. I've really enjoyed this opening run on the title.

I did get the first issue of New Deadwardians, vampire/zombie books aren't really my thing tbh, even Walking Dead i'm now only collecting because it's nearing the end and i've been collecting it from the start, i've been finding it pretty boring for ages now. If New Deadwardians keeps getting good reviews I may get the first trade.

of the new Vertigo titles, Saucer Country and Fairest i'll definitely keep with, Voodoo Child didn't really interest me though.

Have you tried America's got Powers? new Jonathan Ross title, really enjoyed the first one.

I'm actually well behind on Batman at the moment, got loads here to read.

• 2 weeks later...
Have ordered Planetary book 4 by Ellis, have been meaning to get it for ages now but kept putting it off. Will let you know what it was like after reading it.

Warren Ellis is just so fucking awesome. That's all I have to say.

Finally, finally got round to getting The One Volume edition of Bone (B&W). Absolute beast of a book, 1300 pages or so, looking forward to getting stuck into, been meaning to get it for about the past 3 years.

Also got volumes 4,5 & 6 of The Boys, so still way behind even once I finish these.

Bone is tremendous.

Yes, yes it is!! Stunning book, didn't really know what to expect going into it but loved it.

Waiting on quite a few trades this week

Animal Man Vol 1

Justice League International Vol 1

Cable & Deadpool Ultimate Collection Vol 1

Batman Knightfall Vol 1

An Inspector Calls The Graphic Novel

Chew Vol 5

Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus Vol 1

• 4 weeks later...

Need some help

I have loved the novels I have read so far and have got hold of the walking dead books.

I want to get a few more batman and others but I want them digitally.

I'd get them off amazon but you have to be connected to the net to read them on a PC,I'll be reading them on the sly on my 3hr stints on reception and will not have access so need to be able to just have them on a harddrive and read them from that.

I want the knightfall series

Any suggestions?

Thought about direct from DC.

Any use there digital subscription?

Yes, yes it is!! Stunning book, didn't really know what to expect going into it but loved it.

Waiting on quite a few trades this week

Animal Man Vol 1

Justice League International Vol 1

Cable & Deadpool Ultimate Collection Vol 1

Batman Knightfall Vol 1

An Inspector Calls The Graphic Novel

Chew Vol 5

Fantastic Four by John Byrne Omnibus Vol 1

I have the three collections of the old Animal Man series - excellent stuff. Not read any of the new ones, though - let us know what you think. JLI isn't bad. They've tried to go down the slightly comedic route that the title followed during it's original run in the late '80s/early '90s. The Knightfall series is excellent, as are the John Byrne Fantastic Four books.

I've been hitting the 2000AD collections recently, reading Flesh, Robo-Hunter and Absalom.

Get hold of Chip Kidd and Dave Taylor's Batman: Death by Design. Excellent story, illustrated by an artist from the Wirral, based in Liverpool.

Rather than start a new thread ill post these here.

May or may not interest people

[YOUTUBE]iUVxCfhArt0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ySOOLp_SoDw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vSvMvhXz8Ug[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mcMN48Xrtp0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]INfBcLpj5Sc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]wZVlrLfxLc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vQHrOc4aqu8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]w3zIbZTFlEA[/YOUTUBE]

Happy watching

Need some help

I have loved the novels I have read so far and have got hold of the walking dead books.

I want to get a few more batman and others but I want them digitally.

I'd get them off amazon but you have to be connected to the net to read them on a PC,I'll be reading them on the sly on my 3hr stints on reception and will not have access so need to be able to just have them on a harddrive and read them from that.

I want the knightfall series

Any suggestions?

Thought about direct from DC.

Any use there digital subscription?

I'd imagine Comixology will be your best bet but it's not something I know much about tbh.

I have the three collections of the old Animal Man series - excellent stuff. Not read any of the new ones, though - let us know what you think. JLI isn't bad. They've tried to go down the slightly comedic route that the title followed during it's original run in the late '80s/early '90s. The Knightfall series is excellent, as are the John Byrne Fantastic Four books.

I've been hitting the 2000AD collections recently, reading Flesh, Robo-Hunter and Absalom.

Get hold of Chip Kidd and Dave Taylor's Batman: Death by Design. Excellent story, illustrated by an artist from the Wirral, based in Liverpool.

Really enjoyed Animal Man, I actually preferred it to the Morrison run, it reads more like a Vertigo book than mainstream DC. I'll keep picking it up in trade, it's crossing over with Swamp Thing at the moment and that's one i'll be picking up anyway.

I've read Knightfall before when they originally came out in '93 but they're all bagged, boarded and stored away. Wanted it in trade as it's one I'll no doubt be lending to friends once the new film comes out.

I have Death by Design and hated it tbh. The art is beautiful (never realised he was local) but I found the story dull.

Been getting an insane amount recently due to a big increase in disposable income, got about 50 trades in my to read pile (mainly off e-bay).

Making my way through ex-Machina at the moment, really good so far.

Is there a decent jumping on point for 2000AD? Keep listening to all these podcasts which say it's at the best it's ever been at the moment with the mutants rights storyline but i'm aware Matt Wagner is close to leaving. Keep looking at those Dredd Casefiles but not sure where to start with them.

Only just started reading 2000AD myself. I know that Paul and some of the other lads on here read it. Can vaguely remember somebody saying the 2nd or 3rd case files is the best Dredd to start with.

• 1 month later...