You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Book 5 of Locke and Key didn't disappoint and I can't wait for November for the final arc - going to get the monthlies this time as I don't think I can wait for the collection.

Just read Road Rage - an adaptation of the Richard Matheson story that inspired Steven Spielberg's Duel coupled with a Stephen King/Joe Hill tribute to it about a gang of bikers v a killer truck driver. Great read.

Chew is the latest one I've got. About a FDA Agent who realises he can get psychic impressions by eating things, including people.

You'll love it.

Got both the Omnivore books.

The first book is better than the first as its building the character. The second book doesn't introduce much in the way of new characters. Still can't wait for the third collection.

Good twist to the last The Boys.

• 4 weeks later...

It's my birthday next month and after having to spend pretty much all my money on rent and bills for most of the year, I'm looking forward to been treated to some comics.

My mother, family and girlfriend have all asked what I fancy and all I want is comics. There's 20 items in my buy list on Amazon that are urgent buys, I figure a lot will be out of stock before long. Quite a few omnibuses and the final 3 Preacher hardcovers.

Then there's stuff in other lists like John Bryne Superman trades, a few Scalped ones, Hitman, Hellblazer and Transmetropolit​an. I will probably leave them until Christmas. I want all these, yet there's stuff I've had months, or years and I haven't touched them. I haven't even read Hellblazer 1 and 2 yet, but I want the 3rd and 4th volumes. I don't even have a whole lot of time to read comics these days, but if I start a collection and don't complete it I feel empty.

My family laughs, but I'll be the one laughing when I'm sitting on a dozen Marvel omnibuses that I'll probably be able to sell for 4-6 times what I paid. You've got ones out of print on ebay now going for over £250.

Who am I kidding, I'll never sell my comics barring a family emergency. And even then..

Can't find anything manga related on the site so here's a couple, including one of the most disgusting manga horrors I've ever seen. Read from top right to bottom left, if you haven't read this kind of thing before.

The Enigma of Amigara Fault - Junji Ito

The Enigma of Amigara Fault by Junji Ito - Page 1

The Holes (Hell Season) - Henmaru Machino (NSFW, seriously fucked up)

KAGO Shintaro, UZIGA Waita, HORIHONE Saizou, HAYAMI Jun, MACHINO Henmaru - Hell Season - The Holes

• 2 weeks later...
Just read the first volume of Y: The Last Man. Thoroughly enjoyed and it's a slightly different take on the post-apocalyptic world.

Y: The Last Man is a Great recommendation. Im halfway through Book 2 of the Deluxe Edition. Excellent humour and loving the cultural references. Would defo recommend this to my mates.

Cheers

It's my birthday next month and after having to spend pretty much all my money on rent and bills for most of the year, I'm looking forward to been treated to some comics.

My mother, family and girlfriend have all asked what I fancy and all I want is comics. There's 20 items in my buy list on Amazon that are urgent buys, I figure a lot will be out of stock before long. Quite a few omnibuses and the final 3 Preacher hardcovers.

Then there's stuff in other lists like John Bryne Superman trades, a few Scalped ones, Hitman, Hellblazer and Transmetropolit​an. I will probably leave them until Christmas. I want all these, yet there's stuff I've had months, or years and I haven't touched them. I haven't even read Hellblazer 1 and 2 yet, but I want the 3rd and 4th volumes. I don't even have a whole lot of time to read comics these days, but if I start a collection and don't complete it I feel empty.

My family laughs, but I'll be the one laughing when I'm sitting on a dozen Marvel omnibuses that I'll probably be able to sell for 4-6 times what I paid. You've got ones out of print on ebay now going for over £250.

Who am I kidding, I'll never sell my comics barring a family emergency. And even then..

Sell the family.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally finished Preacher and it has cemented its place in my top 5 non-superhero books.

It actually made me cry, (yeah, yeah laugh it up) not full blown crying obviously, but a few tears were shed. I put this down to my relationship with my first love ending last month. And the fact that I was mighty stoned. But anyway, for a book full of nastiness, hilarity and the bizarre, it does have some touching moments. I'm not going to get all soppy of anything, but a month has passed since we finished, I've missed her during that time obviously, but not cried or longed for her back, but reading Preacher made me tear up and miss her. Fucking thing, still, if you haven't already, buy the hardcovers up at once. Amazing comics.

I cant stand graphic novels are there little to read,yet i love the stories,anyone know if the stories from the likes of batman have been made into books.

I have read the wolverine novel and loved it.

Oh how opinions can change.

Going to order myself a few more.Thinking of ordering Alan Moores version of swamp thing,anyone read it.

Any good starting points for Blade and The Punisher?

Oh how opinions can change.

Going to order myself a few more.Thinking of ordering Alan Moores version of swamp thing,anyone read it.

Any good starting points for Blade and The Punisher?

If you're going to read Alan Moore, have a go at Tom Strong.

• 2 weeks later...